Page 56 of 62 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 826 to 840 of 919

Thread: Disturbing story of missing two-year-old Caylee Anthony

  1. #826
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    24,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    I am very, very well aware of how court cases are decided.

    Yes, jurors will be looking at all of that, but none of US know as yet if there are reasonable explanations to some of those things. This is why we are to presume innocent until PROVEN guilty. Casey doesn't have to prove her innocence, the prosecutors have to prove her guilt.
    I wasn't saying that you weren't aware of how court cases are decided, but your previous comment was limited to a discussion of forensic evidence.

    With respect to a reasonable explanation for those things, I have yet to hear any. Despite endless discussion on cable tv, the web, newspapers, nobody has put forth, to my knowledge, any reasonable scenario that doesn't involve Casey as the central responsible figure for Caylee's demise. Including Jose Baez, who is a big talker. If there is one, I would be interested in hearing it.

  2. #827
    Elite Member t13nif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes
    Posts
    3,524

    Default

    I understand what Sasha is saying. The defence doesn't need to put forth a reasonable scenario that doesn't involve Casey. They just need to point out enough doubt about the forensic evidence collected--contamination, careless policing etc. That's how OJ got off. Everyone knew he did it (except maybe a delusional few) but there were enough doubts raised about the evidence that they acquitted him. That's what i am afraid will happen here. All the cirumstancial evidence in the world can point to Casey, but if the meager physical evidence they have is discounted in some way, it could be enough for her to walk--although she would be much safer in a prison than out on the street.
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

  3. #828
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Back of Beyond
    Posts
    11,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I wasn't saying that you weren't aware of how court cases are decided, but your previous comment was limited to a discussion of forensic evidence.

    With respect to a reasonable explanation for those things, I have yet to hear any. Despite endless discussion on cable tv, the web, newspapers, nobody has put forth, to my knowledge, any reasonable scenario that doesn't involve Casey as the central responsible figure for Caylee's demise. Including Jose Baez, who is a big talker. If there is one, I would be interested in hearing it.

    You're not going to hear "reasonable" explanations on tv. Just look at all the erroneous things that have been reported in this case so far, ALL to the detriment of the defendant. Brad Conway, attorney for George and Cindy Anthony, held a press conference in Orlando yesterday in which he released some FBI lab reports that totally contradict some of what has been reported in the news. I'm not sure about Jane Velez Mitchell, but Nancy Grace didn't even mention this press conference, much less give the evidence he released a fair hearing. The other night she harped on the "stain" in the trunk of Casey's car, which was purportedly in the shape of a child in the fetal position. She neglected to mention that the FBI report concluded they would not testify to this "stain" since it's just "speculation". The "stain" wasn't a "stain" at all, since it was bereft of DNA. It was merely an outline and what it looked like was a matter of opinion.

    If the forensic evidence doesn't support or even contradicts damning circumstantial evidence, then you've got "reasonable doubt".

  4. #829
    Elite Member greysfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Burning Down Your Windmill
    Posts
    48,606

    Default

    I'm thinking this is one instance where she'd be better off in prison. She won't last long on the streets of Florida.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

  5. #830
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    24,288

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post

    If the forensic evidence doesn't support or even contradicts damning circumstantial evidence, then you've got "reasonable doubt".
    I disagree. A mountain of forensic evidence has been gathered. The body was found close to her house -- not even close to where Casey lied about dropping off her daughter. The circumstantial evidence for what Casey was doing before, during, and after the time that Caylee disappeared looks horrible for Casey. She has lied virtually every step of the way. She can be convicted on that, and it wouldn't be the first time it happened to someone.

  6. #831
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    24,288

    Default

    After reading about Casey Anthony's expert team, I'm wondering who is paying for all of this: She has four lawyers and five forensic PhD's, including Henry Lee, on her team. I could see how OJ could afford it, but not somebody who worked off and on in a bar.

  7. #832
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Back of Beyond
    Posts
    11,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I disagree. A mountain of forensic evidence has been gathered. The body was found close to her house -- not even close to where Casey lied about dropping off her daughter. The circumstantial evidence for what Casey was doing before, during, and after the time that Caylee disappeared looks horrible for Casey. She has lied virtually every step of the way. She can be convicted on that, and it wouldn't be the first time it happened to someone.
    Any reasonable person has to ask themselves why the remains weren't found before they were? The place was crawling with people, searchers, cadaver dogs... where was the smell, the carrion birds, THE NEIGBORHOOD DOGS even? The remains were about 10 feet from the road and they just laid there for months, undetected? Far, far too many questions about when those remains were placed there.

  8. #833
    Elite Member cmmdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Eva's Love Den
    Posts
    25,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    After reading about Casey Anthony's expert team, I'm wondering who is paying for all of this: She has four lawyers and five forensic PhD's, including Henry Lee, on her team. I could see how OJ could afford it, but not somebody who worked off and on in a bar.
    Maybe these people are defending her for free just so they can get their name out for themselves/more publicity.

    It's quite sickening.

    And I wonder still...WHERE oh WHERE is the elusive babysitter? Mmm???

  9. #834
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    The Edge of the Annex
    Posts
    5,383

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    "Believe"? Stains regularly look like the virgin Mary. They've got to do better than that.
    Not if they have a jury that wants the stain to be of Cayleys' body.

  10. #835
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Back of Beyond
    Posts
    11,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by t13nif View Post
    I understand what Sasha is saying. The defence doesn't need to put forth a reasonable scenario that doesn't involve Casey. They just need to point out enough doubt about the forensic evidence collected--contamination, careless policing etc. That's how OJ got off. Everyone knew he did it (except maybe a delusional few) but there were enough doubts raised about the evidence that they acquitted him. That's what i am afraid will happen here. All the cirumstancial evidence in the world can point to Casey, but if the meager physical evidence they have is discounted in some way, it could be enough for her to walk--although she would be much safer in a prison than out on the street.
    I would be pissed if she got off on technicalities, but I don't want her convicted because everyone hates her either. Ideally, the truth will out but that rarely happens.

  11. #836
    Elite Member L1049's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chillin with my homeboy Xenu
    Posts
    2,435

    Default

    I don't know how legit this guy is (I don't watch Nancy Grace) but I thought some of you might find the article interesting:
    This is commentary…. I don’t often get mad… but I am now. I might even be pissed!!!
    Since July 24, 2008, I have been a frequent guest on the Nancy Grace Show dispensing news about the case involving Casey Anthony… and the murder of her 2 – year old daughter, Caylee.
    Now… let me tell you why my knickers are in a twist…
    On Tuesday, September 29th, the Orange / Osceola County State’s Attorney’s office released a thousand documents pertaining to the case.
    Page 8113 to 8117… there is a “hit list” compiled by George & Cindy Anthony’s private investigator, Dominic Casey of Longwood.
    It was made up and handed out to security people watching over the comings and goings of people attending the memorial service for little Caylee earlier this year.
    People making the list:
    Leonard Padilla – a Sacramento, California – based bail bondsman who put up a half – million dollars in bail money to get Casey out of jail the first time she was arrested. He is known to carry a knife in a sheath.
    Robert Dick – Padilla’s side-kick known to be a weapons expert… and occasionally carry’s “heat.”
    Also on the list… is CNN Headline News infotainment host Nancy Grace… as well as Channel 9/WFTV journalist Kathi Belich.
    The “hit list” saying they both have hatred towards the Anthony family.
    Zenaida Gonzalez and her attorney, John Morgan, made the list.
    Ms. Gonzalez first accused by Casey Anthony of snatching little Caylee… kidnapping her.
    Hell… they even put a fake journalist and his buddy on the list….
    Here is the list: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/media...9/49547180.pdf
    Okay… here’s why I’m taken back by all that.
    I’m not on the list. Me…. Mr.News… not on the “hit list.” I’ve appeared on the Nancy Grace show 94 times since July of 2008.
    I ask Dominic Casey… WHY NOT!!! Thats why I’m PISSED!!!
    Mr. Casey… and I use the mister loosley… you are a leach… a blood sucker… you’re credentials, if you have any, should be pulled and you should be held for withholding evidence dealing with an on-going murder investigation.
    I’ve been a little subversive towards the Anthony family by saying on the second show on which I appeared that “the Anthony’s are a dysfunctional family. They tried to keep a lot of things under their roof… but now it’s in the open.”
    The Anthony’s are a screwed up family.
    George has a very short fuse. If you want some entertainment… just take a look a the deposition he gave to John Morgan’s team in the Gonzalez civil suit this past spring.
    Man… talk about having a screw loose.
    Then there is his wife, Cindy Anthony. She is one of the biggest enablers walking the face of the earth. She lied in this case from day one. Remember when she told a gaggle of reporters that it was rotting pizza in the trunk of Casey’s car.
    How ’bout a rotting body in the car’s trunk.
    She has been in denial from day one. Check out her eyebrows..
    Lee Anthony… Casey’s older brother is a nut case as well. This clown is a so-called “events coordinator” for an Orlando – based company.
    He’s the guy that came to the house on Hopesprings Drive… and ripped memorials for little Caylee out of the ground. What is he in denial about.
    Hell… there is even an accusation that he tried to do the “nasty” with Casey when they were a bit younger.
    Hey… ya think Mackenzie Phillips and Papa John were a pair when she was 19… this little tid-bit takes it all.
    Remember the night last fall… when Casey was out on bail provided by Mr. Padilla… authorities found a handgun in the spare tire well of his Chevrolet HHR.
    Let me set you straight on this detail… It seems George got Cindy out of the house to do a bit of shopping. His plan was to retrieve the weapon… find Casey… blow her brains out and then turn the gun on himself.
    Dominic Casey doesn’t talk about that… nor do the Anthony’s.
    But, that was George’s little plan.
    Oh yeah… before I forget… remember George’s little pill-popping suicide attempt at a hotel on Ridgewood Avenue in Daytona Beach last spring.
    They tracked him down by using cell phone pings. He thought he was on “Dialing for Dollars…” reaching out, touching people telling them he couldn’t take it anymore.
    Now, George is a former law enforcement officer in Ohio… and Daytona Beach Police Chief Mike Chitwood did the right thing when they found where George was staying.
    Chief Chitwood went to the hotel… talked to him… and drove him to Halifax in an unmarked police car.
    Damn…. I have a lot of respect for Chief Chitwood. He is the best Chief the city has had in the past generation. But, I degress…
    After George was admitted to the Halfiax Mental Health unit on the state’s Baker Act… my highly – placed sources told me that George told a nurse he didn’t take any of the pills missing from the bottles.
    It was an attention getter…
    The biggest actor in this entire saga is Casey Anthony. She has played to the camera in the Orange County Sheriff’s Office interrorigation room.
    She has played to the camera’s when George, Cindy and Lee have paid visits.
    Her lawyer… Jose Baez… a nice guy, but incompetent. Casey got his name from other inmates while in a holding cell.
    I could go on and on… but the tips of my fingers have started to hurt.
    As I mentioned to an interviewer on the “Scared Monkey’s” internet radio show a couple of months ago… this story has everything… sex…. lies… video tape… and Casey Anthony who “bangs like a screen door in a hurricane!!”
    This has been commentary from the owner/content enditor of this website. If you’d like to respond… just shoot me an e-mail to MrNews70@yahoo.com
    Always remember: The NewsWatch never stops!!
    Dominic Casey: Why Aren’t I on Your “Hit List” | Halifax Area News Watch - Volusia Flagler North Brevard Daytona Florida Local News

  12. #837
    Elite Member Trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    exiled and ostrich sized
    Posts
    16,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    I would be pissed if she got off on technicalities, but I don't want her convicted because everyone hates her either. Ideally, the truth will out but that rarely happens.
    ITA, felt the same about the Scott Peterson case. The amount of coverage this case has received on crime tv, message boards and blogs, and the hatred for this family is just waaay over the top for me.

    Too much to wade through in any case, so at this point I'd rather just wait for the trial.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~



  13. #838
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Back of Beyond
    Posts
    11,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trixiebelle View Post
    ITA, felt the same about the Scott Peterson case. The amount of coverage this case has received on crime tv, message boards and blogs, and the hatred for this family is just waaay over the top for me.

    Too much to wade through in any case, so at this point I'd rather just wait for the trial.
    It is way over the top. It's irrational and frightening, like a lynch mob could form at any minute and hurt somebody.

  14. #839
    Elite Member MohandasKGanja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Wherever my kids are
    Posts
    24,288

    Default

    Is my memory correct or was Scott Peterson convicted without any hardcore forensic or DNA evidence actually linking Scott Peterson to the murders?

    I looked his case up and it appeared that there was nothing concrete. Which doesn't bode well for Casey Anthony.

  15. #840
    Elite Member cmmdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Eva's Love Den
    Posts
    25,572

    Default

    ^ I want to say they found a strand of Lacy's hair in the boat he took out on his "fishing trip" although I'm not too certain. Anyone know for a fact?
    I read up a lot on that case and my memory is shot (does not bode well for my future)...
    The circumstantial evidence against him was craaazy from the moment he told her mother "I lost Lacy." Weiiird.
    I believe Casey is responsible for her daughter's death and also believe she will never come clean about it.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: September 1st, 2011, 12:39 PM
  2. Best lawyer story of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    By AliceInWonderland in forum Laughs and Oddities
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: June 27th, 2008, 05:54 PM
  3. Marc Anthony worries about missing baby birth
    By Calimaster in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: February 4th, 2008, 08:45 AM
  4. Replies: 36
    Last Post: January 10th, 2008, 01:16 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 6th, 2007, 04:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •