Page 31 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Disturbing story of missing two-year-old Caylee Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    All of this adds up to a form of psychological warfare against Casey and her family,which you could liken to constantly blasting loud music in an effort to crack a terrorist.
    That's what the screaming weirdos outside her parents house had reminded me of too. The police could move those people on because of the public nuisance they're causing but they haven't and that just seemed so odd. The neighbours must be going nuts.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    That's what the screaming weirdos outside her parents house had reminded me of too. The police could move those people on because of the public nuisance they're causing but they haven't and that just seemed so odd. The neighbours must be going nuts.
    They make me ill. It really is indicative of what this country has become-a giant sinkhole of hate and ignorance.

It occurs to me that Caylee has a lot riding on her little shoulders.

If she is found dead all that hate and ignorance will be justified in the minds of the mob and will only be perpetuated.

If she is found alive it could be a teaching moment for Americans who are willing to learn. As in, if you refuse to give people the presumption of innocence, if you allow yourself to be swept up in mob mentality, if you uncritically trust the word of media and authorities to the point that it becomes dangerous to the liberty and constitutional rights of all Americans...you may want to rethink your attitudes. After all, that could be YOU being subjected to the mob. That could be YOU being vilified in the press...

I sincerely pray that Caylee is alive, for many reasons.

^^ I pray she is alive, too, but I don't think she is.
    They were also saying how the grandma was seeing a therapist before all this went down about her being mad at Casey and she was going to tell her to move out and possibly seek out legal custody for Caylee.
    Then Casey went missing with the toddler.

I agree with you all who say it's disgusting how these people are camping outside her house and stuff. It's ick.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    ^^ I pray she is alive, too, but I don't think she is.
    They were also saying how the grandma was seeing a therapist before all this went down about her being mad at Casey and she was going to tell her to move out and possibly seek out legal custody for Caylee.
    Then Casey went missing with the toddler.

I agree with you all who say it's disgusting how these people are camping outside her house and stuff. It's ick.
    This is a leak to the press. You have to wonder-who told them that? Was there a fly on the wall? Is it even true? How are we to know if it is true?

I'm not saying it's not true, but I don't trust a thing the media gives out from 'anonymous sources' who may have an agenda until I see proof. It's a good policy to have with the media regardless of what they are covering, politics, war (remember WMD in Iraq?), murders, whatever...

^^ True.

This entire case is so frustrating!

I don't know guys.... I am starting to get the feeling that this case will end up cold. I think the little girl is dead, but if she is dead, why don't they have the evidence to keep the mother in jail for the murder? Things just aren't happening- they are not going in the right direction at this point.

I just have a bad feeling it will go "unsolved." I hope I am wrong.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    I don't know guys.... I am starting to get the feeling that this case will end up cold. I think the little girl is dead, but if she is dead, why don't they have the evidence to keep the mother in jail for the murder? Things just aren't happening- they are not going in the right direction at this point.

I just have a bad feeling it will go "unsolved." I hope I am wrong.
    If they have so much damning evidence they could have and should have sent it to a Grand Jury. They have not. So far we hear that evidence from the trunk "indicates" "suggests" "appears to be" of a dead Caylee. Forensic Science of this sort does not "indicate" or "suggest" anything. It either is or isn't a dead Caylee in the trunk. Period.

But you are right. This case could very well end up cold.

^^ Yeah, guys. I have already considered that same thing. Have already imagine being at the bookstore and seeing the newest bestseller about 'perfect crime' or something, a la Jon Benet.

This is a really interesting blog entry, that has a lot of good points, and some good photos. It isn't an official news source, but still, it was a link included on Google News.

Focus Should Remain On Caylee Anthony As The Case Gets Stranger

Just when you thought this case could not get any stranger, it gets stranger. On the heels of the “high-fiveincident and news that a counselor advised Cindy Anthony to kick Casey out of the home after she was busted stealing money out of an account set up for the long-term care of her grandparents (thus possibly setting up the murder of little Caylee for revenge), it’s now being revealed that people actually want to pay Casey for her story:
    A spokesman for Jose Baez said offers have come in as high as $1.5 million for book rights, movie rights, TV deals, even a pay-per-view offer.
    “I can tell you just for interview areas alone they can range from $50,000 to $350,000. We’ve even had an offer come from an overseas company that specializes in pay per view and those offers can exceed $1 million,” Jose Baez Law Firm spokesman Todd Black said.
    Black said they’re listening to all offers but for now not accepting anything.
    “We’ve made it clear to everyone that their inquiry will be put in to a file and we don’t know whether that file will ever have to be opened,” Black said.
    Much of it, Black said, depends on how extensive Casey Anthony’s defense will have to be.
    He said they’re building a Web site for Casey Anthony’s defense fund and assembling a team of defense experts.
    And here I thought this case couldn’t get any more repulsive.

If Casey won’t talk to police or her parents about just where little Caylee is (and I think we are all in agreement that at the very least, she knows more than she is saying), then what makes people think she will talk to a publisher or a movie producer? I’m sure the argument will be made that pro bono work won’t last forever and at some point lawyers will need to be paid, but I would go so far as to consider any sort of deal of this nature blood money. The thought that Casey could actually profit financially in any way from this makes me sick. Yes, most of it might go to lawyers, but if Caylee were still with us there would be no need for lawyers, would there?
    Next, Mark NeJame, lawyer for George and Cindy Anthony, is telling people that the grandparents are not Casey and people should not take their frustrations about Casey out on them:
    “They have been maligned, misrepresented in the press, been vilified by the press, blogs, by individuals,” said Mark Nejame. “People are forgetting that these are grieving parents.”
    Nejame spoke for the first time about the case to Eyewitness News before appearing on several national talk shows. He said he believes accusing George and Cindy is the worst form of judgment.
    “Families are victims,” said Nejame. “People have forgotten that I represent George and Cindy Anthony. I do not represent their daughter.”
    He also has some words concerning the protesters at the house, where George pushed some people off his yard earlier:
    “Mr. Anthony thought that he had somebody on his property and he has the right to move them off of his property,” said Nejame. “There is a vague line as to where they were.”
    Nejame said there is no line of demarcation as to where the property line actually starts, and he had a final word for those he believes are making the Anthonys out to be suspects.
    “Shame on you for vilifying this victim. You are part of the problem. You are not part of the solution,” he said.
    NeJame said George and Cindy are working with authorities, answering calls about possible sightings of the little girl, but they aren’t digging up dirt looking for bones.
    “They believe, they desperately believe that Caylee is still here and that’s their right,” he said.
    There has been speculation of possible book deals with the Anthonys. NeJame said the family has no intentions of doing that. Also, he said the family did not pay one penny to bond their daughter out of jail last week, but they did sign a promissory note to look after her.
    “If the person leaves, clearly the Anthonys don’t have that net worth, but the bondsman will have something to go after and take everything they own,” NeJame said.
    True, they are not out there looking for bones, because it seems they do believe that their granddaughter is alive, even when so much points to the contrary. And as a parent myself, who knows…I might believe the same thing. I know my mother would. And as I said before, if you are protesting at the Anthony house, you are more a part of the problem than a part of the solution. You are not going to convince Casey to give up what she knows, you are being a nuisance to the neighbors (who had nothing to do with this), you are tying up police resources that could be better used elsewhere (since Cindy calls 911 whenever people get too rowdy), and you are making fools of yourselves hollering and yelling. I believe in the right to protest what we believe is wrong, as long as we do it in an orderly and lawful manner…but in this case I don’t think that “orderly” and “lawful manner” can be applied to the protests I’ve seen. Stop trying to be part of the story yourself and spend your energies looking for Caylee.

But NeJame does have a point. Cindy and George are NOT Casey. So far, anything that has been said or found has pointed to Casey. While her parents might be guilty of raising a selfish, self-centered brat of a daughter, last I knew you couldn’t be jailed for that. And it is tempting when one sees a case like this to look at the parents and second-guess what they did or did not do, what they did right or wrong, but ultimately that is just spinning your wheels in mud. It gets you nowhere and just makes things needlessly messy.
    And there have been many people questioning why it is that Casey has to spend hours and hours each day in the company of her lawyer, Jose Baez. One explanation given is that perhaps she believes her house is bugged:
    Eyewitness News covers criminal cases every day, but never before has a lawyer and a client met so often and for so long. [...]
    Casey Anthony spent five hours at her attorney’s office Tuesday and Monday and plans to every day this week. That’s a lot of billable hours for her attorney if they’re working on the case the whole time.
    The amount of time begs the question: Does Casey not feel comfortable being at home for some reason? The jail says Casey Anthony has every right to work on her case with her attorney and her house arrest cannot interfere with that, but several hours every day for a child neglect case?
    When Casey left jail the first time, her attorney told Eyewitness News she doesn’t feel comfortable speaking freely at the jail, even though she meets with him in total privacy there, suggesting the jail could be bugged.
    But what about the Anthony’s house? Are they worried it’s bugged? Could it be?
    Law enforcement experts told Eyewitness News that investigators would have a tough time convincing a state or federal judge to allow them to do it. Casey is a “person of interest” in daughter Caylee’s disappearance, but the law says investigators would have to show that Casey is revealing real evidence about the case at home and the only way for them to get it is to secretly record her. But investigators say all she’s done is lie to her family and friends.

They are right…so far, the police are not treating this as a murder case. Casey has been charged with child neglect, not murder…so it does make you wonder just why she’s spending so much time there. In the photos I’ve seen of Casey and her lawyer, he’s had a protective arm around her while she snuggles down against him as they press through the throng of reporters and cameraman. Perhaps it is a security measure just to get safely through the crowd. I think it is speculation to assume more than that, but it has also been said that Casey “charms” every man she meets and doesn’t seem to understand the concept of NOT flirting with them all. Perhaps she is doing what so many women do…using her feminine charms to keep her lawyer believing in her (pro bono) even in the face of evidence to the contrary, much as I believe she did to the Padillas.

I doubt very seriously there is any sort of sexual relationship going on, but I do think she is playing him for all he is worth…and even lawyers are human. Their body language reminds me of a protective male figure/helpless female figure, in stark contrast to the high-five exchanged with her brother…there we see a confident young woman fully in charge of herself, which I believe is a truer picture of just who Casey is, a chameleon capable of adapting herself, for her benefit, to whatever situation she finds herself in.
    And finally…a woman has been caught digging through the Anthony’s trash:
    The woman doesn’t want to be identified other than as Lorraine. She told Eyewitness News she decided to find out exactly what is going on inside the Anthony home by looking through their garbage.
    George Anthony wheeled out his trash to the road Tuesday morning as he has done in the past. He placed boxes and three black garbage bags at the end of his driveway to be picked up.
    “The curiosity,” Lorraine told Eyewitness News, explaining what tempted her to drive to the Anthony’s Hopespring Drive home and take a bag of trash.
    She wanted to do her own Casey Anthony investigation.
    “If she’s on the computer 24 hours a day, maybe she printed stuff, maybe they thought it wasn’t shredded. So that was just my theory,” she said.
    Lorraine hauled the bag away to her SUV and then drove the garbage to her neighborhood just a few miles away. Eyewitness News was there as she rummaged through the Anthony’s trash bag with yellow gloves on. She spread the trash across her driveway and found what looked to be a handwritten note from Casey to her father.
    “This one says, ‘Dad please call OCSD so we have security for the prayer tonight,’” Lorraine read.
    Also found was a tattered hat, a media request for an interview and piles of letters from people around the country.
    “I think this might lead to clues as to where she is,” Lorraine said as she went through the trash Tuesday morning. [...]
    The Orange County Sheriff’s Office told Eyewitness News that taking trash from the curb side is legal; it’s on public property. The Anthony spokesperson told Eyewitness News people should put their energy into searching for Caylee rather than picking garbage.
    Okay, gross. This to me totally shows the lengths certain people will go to to do anything EXCEPT what needs to be done…search for Caylee. Does this woman not think the police have not already thought of this? Would this stuff even be admissible in court if on the off chance she DID find something? I have to agree…use your energies to find Caylee. Caylee is the key to this whole case, the center to this whole thing. Find Caylee and you will have most of the answers. Don’t get in the way of law enforcement who are trying to do their job. I understand the need of people reading about this to just do something, but come on. Don’t you think the investigators in this case have information that they have NOT released to the public? Just because it hasn’t been on the news doesn’t mean the police aren’t on it. People need to get a grip and stop trying to be part of the story themselves.
    I do have to agree with those who believe that the focus of this case has been taken off Caylee and placed on her mother and grandparents. However, since we do not have Caylee here, we must look at the behavior of those closest to her, in order to possibly find some clue as to just what happened to this precious little child. If a piece of this puzzle can be found that leads to another piece that leads to another piece, maybe all the pieces will fit together and we’ll have a much clearer picture of just where Caylee is.
    Personally, my opinion only…I think both Cindy and Casey have emotional problems (Cindy sounds a bit passive-aggressive to me, which will drive anyone nuts that has to deal with being manipluated with that), and I believe Casey murdered her daughter as revenge against her mother. Once Dawn reminded me of the money angle it all fell into place for us:
    It has been 56 days [at the time of writing] since Caylee disappeared. As far as anyone knows, her mother Casey has not spent even one of those days looking for her.
    Eyewitness News has learned that an intense fight right before Casey left with Caylee in mid-June was over money that Casey had stolen from her own grandparents, from an account dedicated to paying for assisted living expenses for her grandfather. Tensions had been building over the theft.
    Eyewitness News also learned Cindy Anthony had gone to a counselor who told her to kick Casey out. Cindy was worried Casey would take Caylee with her, so the counselor told her to try to get legal custody of Caylee.
    Before that could happen, Casey and Caylee left and Cindy believed Casey kept Caylee out of touch just to punish her. Relatives said Caylee was more attached to her grandmother than she was to her own mother.
    Casey had been busted stealing money, Cindy was ready to kick her out and put an end to the free ride but was loath to do so for Caylee’s sake, and Casey decided to take revenge against her mom. Caylee was very close to her grandmother, probably closer than she was to her own mom, so to take Caylee would hurt Cindy deeply. Twisted, yes, but not inconceivable.
    Cindy’s words on MySpace (since scrubbed):
    She came into my life unexspectedly, just as she has left me. This precious little angel from above gave me strength and unconditional love. Now she is gone and I don’t know why. All I am guilty of is loving her and providing her a safe home. Jealousy has taken her away. Jealousy from the one person that should be thankfull for all of the love and support given to her. A mother’s love is deep, however there are limits when one is betrayed by the one she loved and trusted the most. A daughter comes to her mother for support when she is pregnant, the mother says without hesitation it will be ok. And it was. But then the lies and betrayal began. First it seemed harmless, ah, love is blind. A mother will look for the good in her child and give them a chance to change. This mother gave chance after chance for her daughter to change, but instead more lies more betrayal. What does the mother get for giving her daughter all of these chances? A broken heart. The daughter who stole money, lots of money, leaves without warning and does not let her mother now speak to the baby that her mother raised, fed, clothed, sheltered, paid her medical bills, etc. Instead tells her friends that her mother is controlling her life and she needs her space. No money, no future. Where did she go? Who is now watching out for the little angel?
    Casey’s response on her MySpace:
    On the worst of worst days, remember the words spoken
    Trust no one, only yourself.
    With great power, comes great consequence.
    What is given can be taken away.
    Everyone Lies.
    Everyone Dies.
    (It sounds like she’s been watching House.)
    In the meantime, I beg people to remember just what this case is all about…going through the Anthony’s trash and knocking on their doors and windows and screaming at them is not going to bring little Caylee home, whether it be for a reunion or a proper burial. This case is about a little girl who has been missing since June. Let’s not forget that. I urge you to donate to EquuSearch so this little girl can come home.

We are a blog, not hard-hitting news. These are our opinions. GlossLip has continuing coverage of the disappearance of Caylee Anthony here.

GlossLip » Focus Should Remain On Caylee Anthony As The Case Gets Stranger

Nancy Grace is saying, Casey Anthony might be going back to jail for MORE charges, which haven't been named yet, and there's someone who wants all testing on the car stopped, immediately.

I hope this whole family goes to Hell. I really do.

Here I go on another post bitching about something.

It pisses me off that the numerous resources that have been used in this case could have gone to a family -with a missing child- that aren't famewhoring and fucking around.

I feel that this is a case of 'Missing white woman/girl syndrome.' If this wasn't a white family/child or even if it was a lower class white family/child, can you honestly say that it would have garnered this much media attention? or with the evidence that is present, that the mother's ass would be sitting in jail on murder charges?

there's someone who wants all testing on the car stopped, immediately.
    I'm pretty sure I read (somewhere on websleuths) that it's Casey's attorney.

Screw the Padilla's. There's another bounty hunter that could have done a shit load better than this guy and not drive a truck load of fail:

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Nancy Grace is saying, Casey Anthony might be going back to jail for MORE charges, which haven't been named yet, and there's someone who wants all testing on the car stopped, immediately.

I hope this whole family goes to Hell. I really do.
    No, Casey's attorney does not want testing stopped. Remember how I said upthread that NG has gotten a lot of info wrong in this case? This is just another example. Baez would have to be retarded to file a motion like that. He has filed a motion to preserve the evidence. This is standard operating procedure. Sometimes labs use up materials that are tested and Baez wants to make sure there is enough to do his own testing. LE is suppose to leave enough evidence product for the defense to test and if there is not enough evidence for the defense, LE is supposed to allow the defense to send one of their experts to watch the testing etc. The defense has the right to independently test evidence.

Caption (title) on the motion:

DEF'S MOTION TO PRESERVE FORENSIC EVIDENCE AND FOR COURT TO CONSIDER ADDITIONAL TESTING

Just another example of how the media is misrepresenting events in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by L1049 View Post
    I feel that this is a case of 'Missing white woman/girl syndrome.'
    That was my first thought when this whole thing began. Would anyone care if she wasnt white

Quote Originally Posted by L1049 View Post
    It pisses me off that the numerous resources that have been used in this case could have gone to a family -with a missing child- that aren't famewhoring and fucking around.
    this is absolutely true; it reminds me of the lacy peterson murder case a few years back.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Exclamation

Charges have officially been filed against Casey Anthony, but not in the case of her missing daughter; might get FIFTY YEARS IN JAIL!!!

Official charges filed against Casey Anthony

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) -- The State Attorney's Office has officially filed charges against 22-year-old Casey Anthony, mother of missng 3-year-old Caylee Anthony.

Casey now has 10 charges filed against her, including grand theft, three charges of fraudulent use of personal identification, three counts of forgery of a check and three charges for uttering a forged check. Anthony will be arraigned on October 2 at 8:30 a.m.

The charges stem from Casey's friend, Amy Huizenga, reporting to police that Casey stole checks and money from her in July.

The State Attorney's Office said that these are just formal charges and that Casey already bonded out on these alleged crimes. No arrest will be made.

However, FOX 35's Shannon Butler was told by the Orange County Sheriff's Office that more charges - separate from those officially filed Thursday - could come down against Casey.

Those charges would be similar to those she is already charged with.

Jose Baez, Casey's defense attorney , spoke with FOX 35's Shannon Butler off-camera Thursday and he said he expects more charges will be filed.

He has asked that the sheriff's office allow him to turn Casey in to authorities to avoid anymore activity outside her home.

Baez said the sheriffs office told him they will allow him to take Casey to the jail, but he says he is not sure they will hold up to that. Baez says he is ready to bail her out again and said he could have it done in 24 hours.

Tensions boil over again at Anthony house

Tensions rose outside the Anthony home Wednesday afternoon when Lee Anthony, uncle of missing 3-year-old Caylee and brother of Casey Anthony, confronted a protester.

The protester had a large sign on the front yard between the street and sidewalk and Anthony implored her to remove it. When the protester refused, Anthony carried the sign down the street, bent it in half then tried to stuff it in a trash can. The protester later recovered the sign.
    Last Friday a confrontation outside the home between neighbors and protesters came to blows.

MyFox Orlando | Official charges filed against Casey Anthony

Thread Information