Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Dad acquitted in slaying of driver who killed sons

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Not that I'm doubting the dad did it, but the part that surprises me is that he left the scene with his dead and/or dying children, walked 100 yards to retrieve a gun from his home, came back and killed the drunk driver.
    From what I'm reading, there was no proof that Barajas ever actually left the crash site. And his attorney made that case in court. However, that doesn't mean that someone couldn't have walked 100 yards to the house and brought the gun over to him. Of course, that is also the gun that the prosecutors were unable to prove ever actually existed or was ever in Barajas' hands.

I agree, the most amazing part to me was that this happened at the scene of the accident. When I saw the thread, I just assumed he went after and killed the guy later. Honestly, my money's on the phantom relatives since there was no gunshot residue on dad's hands. But I do think the gun came from the dad's house. Makes no sense to have a holster, ammo and no gun. It had to be total chaos at the scene, my god the man's son was CUT IN HALF.

eta or as sprykles said the gun could've been in the truck, easy to grab and shoot. but then someone removed it from the scene...those relatives. And obviously it wasn't a gun registered to the dad.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

That's Texas justice. I don't know, I mean I know technically it's wrong, but it definitely doesn't feel wrong.
    greysfang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    That's Texas justice. I don't know, I mean I know technically it's wrong, but it definitely doesn't feel wrong.
    There was another pretty crazy case just a year before that in Shiner, Texas. A guy heard his 5-year-old daughter screaming and ran around to the other side of his property to find a man raping her. He beat the guy to the point of death with his fist, but then called 911 and said what happened. He was shouting, "Come on, guys, this guy is going to die on me." Which is what happened.

The father's claims were corroborated by a) the witness who had told him that he had seen the guy carry of his daughter, and b) a forensic examination that confirmed she had been sexually assaulted.

A grand jury declined to file charges. Story about the case here.

In another (non-Texas) case, in 1984, an 11-year-old Louisiana boy was abducted by his karate instructor. Police managed to track down and rescue the boy (from a hotel in California). But he had been raped by the instructor during the time he was abducted (and had also been molested by the instructor for a year before the abduction). While the rapist was being brought back through the airport, the boy's father (who had been wearing a disguise) wheeled around and shot the rapist dead -- in front of a camera crew. He took a plea deal of manslaughter and was sentenced to 5 years of probation.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I'm thinking the gun was in the truck?
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

There was no chance for any other outcome in Texas. Really.
    greysfang likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    I'm thinking the gun was in the truck?
    The prosecutor's case was that it was in the house and was why there was an empty holster there. However, that introduced the timeline problem that the defense attorney brought up. Along with the fact that there was no gun residue on Barajas' hands.

Maybe there was someone illegally hunting or he pulled the trigger with his toes? Was there anyone else, like maybe his wife that pulled the trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    Maybe there was someone illegally hunting or he pulled the trigger with his toes? Was there anyone else, like maybe his wife that pulled the trigger?
    That's what I'm wondering. There seems to be a lot of detail missing (from the news articles) that would help explain the circumstances better. Like, who was at the scene of the accident besides Barajas, his sons, and Banda? The defense attorney actually claimed at one point that one of Banda's relatives shot him. There were at least two of them at the scene. They said they didn't shoot Banda but couldn't state that Barajas did either. WTH???

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Not that I'm doubting the dad did it, but the part that surprises me is that he left the scene with his dead and/or dying children, walked 100 yards to retrieve a gun from his home, came back and killed the drunk driver. I don't know that I would have been thinking clearly enough to do that.

Of course, I'm not advocating taking the law into your own hands, but I can totally see where the dad was coming from. I think I would have choked the driver with my bare hands.

This part bothers me, too. If the one son was still alive, why wouldn't he be trying to revive him or calling for help? Why would you leave your son there dying, run to the house to get a gun, come back and shoot the guy, and THEN start CPR on your son that is still alive. That boggles my mind....not that he might have actually shot the man, but he let the kid lay there dying, just to go get a gun to kill the man.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    He could have had the gun in his truck. Makes more sense to me.

True. I hadn't thought of that senario.

Also,...where had Banda been prior to the accident? Where had he been drinking, and is it possible someone shot him there? Maybe he was driving with a gunshot wound and passed out at the wheel and hit the family pushing the car. Then he would have been dead from a bullet, but not at the Dad's hand.
    Last edited by JadeStar70; August 29th, 2014 at 02:28 PM.

I see this as a new slogan: Drive Drunk,Get Shot. Welcome to Texas.
    greysfang, Trixie, stef and 2 others like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    Also,...where had Banda been prior to the accident? Where had he been drinking, and is it possible someone shot him there? Maybe he was driving with a gunshot wound and passed out at the wheel and hit the family pushing the car. Then he would have been dead from a bullet, but not at the Dad's hand.
    I could totally buy that, too.

I would have shot the drunk mother fucker, too. You fuck with my kids, you can eat my lead!
    LeAnn looks like she was born down wind from an outhouse.

My uncle use to say eat my lead,...and he ended up in the Crowbar Motel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information