Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: DA: West Philadelphia abortion doctor killed 7 babies with scissors

Horrific story-I hope all who participated in this barbarity roast in hell.

And unfortunately many crazed nutjob anti-abortionists are just delighted with this story and running with it. *sigh* Nevermind that is has NOTHING to do with real, legitimate abortions performed by qualified personnel following the law and all...

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    This opinion doesn't make you a bad woman at all. The women 8 months pregnant who show up for an "abortion" are bad women.

I wonder if any of them will be charged?
    they're like drug addicts and/or prostitutes

its just sickening all around, how did this go on for so long?! I mean philadelphia is one fucked up city in many parts, but shit. it really is a sickening story to read and think about. I nearly lost my stomach contents

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

I hear it's always sunny there... god that show is so funny. Yeah, this is pretty fucked up; I get the feeling that it was all about money and some psycho shit, not providing abortions.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Kermit Gosnell, Abortion Doctor, Enters 5th Week Of Murder Trial; More Gruesome Details Revealed

Kermit Gosnell, Abortion Doctor, Enters 5th Week Of Murder Trial; More Gruesome Details Revealed By MARYCLAIRE DALE 04/15/13 05:53 PM ET EDT

In this March 8, 2010 photo, Dr. Kermit Gosnell is seen during an interview with the Philadelphia Daily News at his attorney's office in Philadelphia.

"PHILADELPHIA — Philadelphia's chief medical examiner told jurors Monday he could not be sure if any babies were born alive at a now-shuttered abortion clinic run by a doctor accused of murder.
    Dr. Sam Gulino examined 47 fetuses recovered from a clinic run by Dr. Kermit Gosnell after a 2010 FBI raid. Gosnell is charged with killing a patient and seven babies allegedly born alive.
    However, Gulino said many of the bodies had been stored in a freezer, complicating his examinations because some fetal tissue degraded as it thawed.
    Prosecutors maintain that Gosnell or his untrained staff killed at least seven babies after they had been born alive. Gosnell's defense lawyer has denied the charge, attributing any movement seen by staff to involuntary responses.
    Earlier in the day, another city abortion provider testified, and drew stark comparisons between his work and Gosnell's.
    Gosnell, 72, is also accused of performing illegal, late-term abortions and running a dangerously outdated clinic staffed by untrained workers.
    Dr. Charles Benjamin said he performs abortions after 17 weeks gestation in a hospital – unlike Gosnell, who performed about 1,000 abortions a year at his clinics in West Philadelphia and Delaware.
    Benjamin, by his own count, has performed 40,000 abortions over a 30-year career and testified as a prosecution expert. He is one of about four abortion providers left in Philadelphia in the wake of Dr. Kermit Gosnell's arrest two years ago. Benjamin said he doesn't do abortions after 21 weeks gestation, or three weeks shy of the 24-week limit in Pennsylvania.
    He said that he has registered nurses on staff to monitor patients, and that only he or a nurse anesthetist give anesthesia, unlike Gosnell's clinic, where workers hired to clean instruments have testified that Gosnell trained them to administer potent intravenous drugs.
    On cross-examination, Benjamin acknowledged that his practice once had an abortion patient die of sepsis, although he said the woman was his partner's patient.
    He also conceded that first-trimester patients have the choice to be lightly sedated or only given local anesthesia. Defense lawyer Jack McMahon was trying to counter attacks by prosecutors that Gosnell let patients pick their anesthesia based on how much they could pay.
    The trial is now in its fifth week, and could last another month.
    An influx of reporters attended the trial Monday, spurred by criticism that some broadcasters were not covering the trial. A gag order prevents lawyers from speaking outside and no cameras are allowed inside the courtroom. Common Pleas Judge Jeffrey Minehart reminded jurors not to read or view anything about the case.
    A White House spokesman said Monday that President Barack Obama is aware of the trial, and the spokesman called the case "unsettling."
    White House spokesman Jay Carney said that Obama, as president, "does not and cannot take a position on an ongoing trial." But Carney added that "the things you hear and read about this case are unsettling."
    Gulino described his bafflement when police in 2010 turned over bags seized at Gosnell's clinic with the 47 sets of fetal remains, along with medical waste and other debris.
    "It was really an unprecedented situation," said Gulino, who talked to colleagues and searched medical literature. "There was no guidance for how to proceed."
    Former workers have testified that Gosnell had the aborted fetuses in the freezer because of a billing dispute with his medical waste disposal company, which had stopped coming.
    Gulino classified the remains by gestational age, concluding that 17 were aborted in the first trimester and more than two dozen in the second trimester. He believed that two were third-trimester babies of about 26 and 28 weeks gestation. However, he agreed with McMahon that estimates of gestational age are imprecise.
    The trial resumes Tuesday."

I hope this fucker rots.

Jeez that is shocking. I can't believe he got away with it for so long. And keeping remains?? Sick
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

Gold Member

This asshole needs to burn in hell, and I say this as someone who is 100% pro-choice.

I want this guy dead. The sooner, the better. And those fuckers who worked for him and participated need LIFE in prison for their fucking roles. I would say death penalty for them too, but I don't think they helped kill any viable fetuses. And those bitches need to go ahead and turn states witness against this sonofabitch.
    Bluebonnet and Clubber Lang like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    This opinion doesn't make you a bad woman at all. The women 8 months pregnant who show up for an "abortion" are bad women.

I wonder if any of them will be charged?
    Yes, this is called a live birth, not an abortion. I'm pro choice and I've had 2 myself, but this is not abortion and this shouldn't be lumped into physicians who legally perform them.

I had a couple of conservative friends report on this on Facebook alongside a photo of Obama, denoting that Obama is pro-abortion. I gave them holy hell. I told them that if they wanted to be walked thru a legal and safe abortion procedure, I'd walk them thru one of mine. (They weren't interested.) It was another opportunity to turn it political.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Yes, this is called a live birth, not an abortion. I'm pro choice and I've had 2 myself, but this is not abortion and this shouldn't be lumped into physicians who legally perform them.

I had a couple of conservative friends report on this on Facebook alongside a photo of Obama, denoting that Obama is pro-abortion. I gave them holy hell. I told them that if they wanted to be walked thru a legal and safe abortion procedure, I'd walk them thru one of mine. (They weren't interested.) It was another opportunity to turn it political.
    How is someone pro-abortion? Like Obama walks around encouraging it? LOL. Sorry.. I find people amusing. I'm Pro-Choice, but what this guy was doing is horrific. Anyway, I wish people would realize that not everything has to be political. Between this story and Boston becoming political, my head may explode.

They have dropped charges in 3 of the cases since the judge felt evidence presented so far could not prove the babies were born aliv/beyond the legal time limits, etc. The remaining charges still stand so he will go down.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

A*O

I am astonished at the comparative lack of media coverage on this shocking case. Late term abortion is a very contentious topic - many would call it infanticide - and even as a pro choice advocate I find myself very conflicted. What I really don't understand is why women leave it so late before deciding to terminate. Obviously there will be extenuating circumstances in a few cases, but there seem to be large numbers of women routinely seeking these late abortions. Now modern medicine can often ensure the survival of foetuses born at 24wks maybe it's at least time to make the time limit much earlier.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Trust me, there is no lack of coverage here in Philly. The prolife movement has chosen to make this their cause and are picketing outside the court room each day. The graphic photos are shown on the news each day. It's been going on for so long.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

My co worker had jury duty for this case. She said it was horrible, with protesters outside, and the questions they asked. The questions asked were about if she had children, and what would she do in certain situations, and a bunch of other stuff that I cannot remember. She was happy she was not picked to remain as a juror.
    The whole event that day made her upset. Poor thing.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Silver Member

Verdict soon.

I heard on the radio he was just found guilty on three murder charges. Lots of justice these past few days!
    Clubber Lang likes this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information