Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Crips Gang Co-Founder Executed in California

Default Re: Crips Gang Co-Founder Executed in California

I'm sorry but I'm going off topic here for a bit.I had a miscarriage at 4 months along.When I passed my baby.I saw the spine and little tiny legs.So from my view. My baby was already a person not some cell.

For the people here who are upset this man got death.Well it would be a different story if it was one of your family members he killed .

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSun
    Repenting may qualify him for an eternity in heaven, however, because of the laws set forth on earth, he must pay his dues to society for those crimes. If everyone did whatever they wanted, without any thought of what might happen to them, we would have a society of utter chaos and destruction. Laws are in place to deter that, and for those who chose to ignore those laws, there are consequences. In this scumbag's case, he was executed. He was of able mind and body to commit the crimes and knew he could be put to death for it, yet he did it anyway. I have no sympathy for him whatsoever.
    That is right.God also tells us to obey the laws of our land.Which he did not.

Quote Originally Posted by drama_queen
    I'm sorry but I'm going off topic here for a bit.I had a miscarriage at 4 months along.When I passed my baby.I saw the spine and little tiny legs.So from my view. My baby was already a person not some cell.

For the people here who are upset this man got death.Well it would be a different story if it was one of your family members he killed .
    First off, I'm truly sorry for your loss. There's a huge amount of difference between a four months in fetus and a mass of cells. But a mass of cells is exactly how we all start out, regardless of whether we're wanted or not.

I'll be the first one to admit I'd probably want to see his ass dead if it were one of my family members killed. But I still don't think that gives me the right to take his life. Now were it a situation where I had to kill him in self defense to protect myself or a loved one I'd do it in an instant.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Bronze Member

I am so sorry for your loss, drama. I totally agree with everything you said.

It perhaps would be a different story yes, but that doesn't excuse that it is still MURDER of a sentient being!

No, it wouldn't be. That was my whole point. Of course I would FEEL rage and have murderous thoughts. But there is a world of difference between having feelings and ACTING on them. A lot of people who commit murder act on their feelings without thinking about consequences. That's why there are different kinds of crimes and sentences involving murder in the legal system. If the death penalty actually deters people from committing capital crimes, then why are American prisons full of people waiting on Death Row? That is faulty logic.

A close friend of mine was murdered, and the person who did it was despicable and unremorseful and was sentenced to 25 years without chance of parole. Combined with his other crimes, he will never be out of prison. Killing him would be another murder, and would not bring his victim back. But it would cause a lot of harm to HIS family.

At no time did I, or any of her immediate family members, want the state to execute that person. Because then we would be no better than him.

Rising above pure vengeance is the only way to prevent the tide of violence. You do not teach people not to kill by killing. It doesn't work, and never has.

I think he got what he had coming to him.

Thank you.

No time right now to read the whole thread, but I wanted to dip and say this: I support the death penalty. I believe that if you have no value for human life, you need to go ahead and give up your own. And I don't see the death penalty as a deterrent, I see it as retribution, payment for a (specific) crime committed.

ret·ri·bu·tion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rtr-byshn)
    n.
    1. Something justly deserved; recompense.
    2. Something given or demanded in repayment, especially punishment.
    3. Theology. Punishment or reward distributed in a future life based on performance in this one.
    But here's my dilemma: I don't believe anyone should deliberately (especially maliciously) kill anyone. That goes for the executioner. And that's the problem: the executioner will have blood on his/her hands as well. So, if the murderer must give up his/her life, who's gonna be the one to take it? Should the condemned inmate be forced to play a couple rounds of Russian roulette? Perhaps...

I dunno... I gotta think about it some more. Because, although, in theory, I support the death penalty, I don't think I support a STATE-SANCTIONED death. Talk about a Catch 22!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information