Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 69

Thread: Crips Gang Co-Founder Executed in California

  1. #31
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    23,976

    Default Re: Crips Gang Co-Founder Executed in California

    Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch
    As someone already said, killing is wrong, whether it's state-sanctioned or not. Is it really teaching people that killing is wrong by killing the killer?
    That was one of my earlier points too. There is no value beyond vengeance. Are we so much better than the killers just because *they started it?*
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  2. #32
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    31,885

    Default Re: Crips Gang Co-Founder Executed in California

    Naturally you would cry if your child was wrongly convicted of a crime and put to death for it? Now THAT'S compassion, folks!
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

  3. #33
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    41

    Default Re: Crips Gang Co-Founder Executed in California

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark
    Why unbelievable? It does not mean that this same person could not grieve for what might have been, had the miscarriage been from a pregnancy where a future child was wanted and loved. Would you be evil or a horrible person if you were relieved when a miscarriage occurred with a pregnancy created by rape? Very unfairly judgemental conclusion. There's no question that technically a living cell is *life*, but an embryo is not the same thing as a human, even if you choose to give it the same value as one. Do you extend this respect for living cells only to human ones? Not if you support capital punishment and government sanctioned killing.
    As has been stated before by others, there is a vast difference between killing an innocent baby, and putting a convicted murderer to death. The baby never had a chance at life, and as far as I am concerned, the murderer forfeited his chance at life when he chose to kill.

    The unbelievable part I was speaking of is the poster's sentiment that aborted babies aren't people. I cannot fathom feeling relief that a baby conceived by rape was miscarried. Even if you don't want to keep the baby and raise it as your own, there are so many people out there who would adopt.

  4. #34
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    31,885

    Default Re: Crips Gang Co-Founder Executed in California

    And you would still be living through a nine month reminder of a horrible event in your life.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

  5. #35
    Elite Member dexter7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,275

    Default Re: Crips Gang Co-Founder Executed in California

    This fully formed, autonomous, reformed adult person has already done more for the world than an unwanted embryo/fetus being considered for abortion, which often has a much greater than average chance of turning into a human being such as this criminal you'd have put to death.
    what is with this huge misconception that so many abortions are almost "justified" because someone else deems their potential life as less valuable then a child that is lucky enough to be born? to be the statement in bold print above is just as wrong as the horrible quote some of you may remember "if you want to eliminate crime, then abort all black pregnancies".

    the guy that was executed, by the way, never once confessed to the crime or apologized to the family. he also refused to give any information he had concerning the "crips" which could have helped the police. and the quote above is right: This fully formed, autonomous, reformed adult person has already done more for the world than an unwanted embryo/fetus being considered for abortion he sure did alot more for the world.

  6. #36
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    31,885

    Default Re: Crips Gang Co-Founder Executed in California

    He may actually have given alot of info to the police, with the police keeping it quiet, simply because if it was known in the prison that he was an informer, he would have been killed.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

  7. #37
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    23,976

    Default Re: Crips Gang Co-Founder Executed in California

    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSun
    As has been stated before by others, there is a vast difference between killing an innocent baby, and putting a convicted murderer to death. The baby never had a chance at life, and as far as I am concerned, the murderer forfeited his chance at life when he chose to kill.

    The unbelievable part I was speaking of is the poster's sentiment that aborted babies aren't people. I cannot fathom feeling relief that a baby conceived by rape was miscarried. Even if you don't want to keep the baby and raise it as your own, there are so many people out there who would adopt.
    Now this is what I personally find unbelievable! You would allow another the supposed *peace and relief* that comes from vengeance for the death of a loved one but find it reprehensible that anyone should not shed a tear over the miscarriage of an unwanted pregnancy...even one created by a brutal and horrific act?

    I guess I am having a hard time *getting* that even if violently raped, one should hope against a miscarriage and be sad if one occurs because there are people out there who would give the future child a home and consider an undeveloped zygote (dependent upon the victim of a crime going through an even further ordeal of pregnancy and chilbirth to ensure its survival) of equal importance as a human being?

    If it's not our place to decide to end the existence of a zygote...or even to feel relief at its spontaneous destruction when it was created in hate and violence...then why is it our place to kill another person under any circumstances?
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  8. #38
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    41

    Default Re: Crips Gang Co-Founder Executed in California

    Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch
    And you would still be living through a nine month reminder of a horrible event in your life.
    Because if you didn't get pregnant from the rape, you would just be able to get on with your life and forget about it? That's an idiotic statement.

  9. #39
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    23,976

    Default Re: Crips Gang Co-Founder Executed in California

    Quote Originally Posted by dexter7
    what is with this huge misconception that so many abortions are almost "justified" because someone else deems their potential life as less valuable then a child that is lucky enough to be born? to be the statement in bold print above is just as wrong as the horrible quote some of you may remember "if you want to eliminate crime, then abort all black pregnancies".
    Race is most definitely not the issue here. Believe it or not I'm not even trying to justify abortions any more than killing people who commit crimes, although I think that women having no say over their own physical beings once one of their eggs is fertilized...especially when it occurs against their will...is far worse than having to consider an abortion. It's just a sad fact that children resulting from unwanted pregnancies are several times more likely to become victims and/or victimizers of others later on.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  10. #40
    Elite Member dexter7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,275

    Default Re: Crips Gang Co-Founder Executed in California

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark
    Now this is what I personally find unbelievable! You would allow another the supposed *peace and relief* that comes from vengeance for the death of a loved one but find it reprehensible that anyone should not shed a tear over the miscarriage of an unwanted pregnancy...even one created by a brutal and horrific act?

    I guess I am having a hard time *getting* that even if violently raped, one should hope against a miscarriage and be sad if one occurs because there are people out there who would give the future child a home and consider an undeveloped zygote (dependent upon the victim of a crime going through an even further ordeal of pregnancy and chilbirth to ensure its survival) of equal importance as a human being?

    If it's not our place to decide to end the existence of a zygote...or even to feel relief at its spontaneous destruction when it was created in hate and violence...then why is it our place to kill another person under any circumstances?
    whoa, completely wrong definition of zygote. no one aborts a zygote, which is the cell that is created when the sperm and egg fertilize eachother. you are aborting an embryo or a fetus. zygote of course sounds less personal, but that term is being extremely and incorrectly used.

    and, the reason that a person is sentenced to death is because he knowingly committed a violent, horrible crime.

  11. #41
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    23,976

    Default Re: Crips Gang Co-Founder Executed in California

    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSun
    Because if you didn't get pregnant from the rape, you would just be able to get on with your life and forget about it? That's an idiotic statement.
    How? This statement didn't imply that you would easily get over as long as a pregnancy didn't result. Only that a pregnancy resulting would make it just that much more of an ordeal. Tell me if raped, even if you never got over it (does one ever totally?) you would not be relieved that it did not result in a pregnancy.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  12. #42
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    41

    Default Re: Crips Gang Co-Founder Executed in California

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark
    Now this is what I personally find unbelievable! You would allow another the supposed *peace and relief* that comes from vengeance for the death of a loved one but find it reprehensible that anyone should not shed a tear over the miscarriage of an unwanted pregnancy...even one created by a brutal and horrific act?

    I guess I am having a hard time *getting* that even if violently raped, one should hope against a miscarriage and be sad if one occurs because there are people out there who would give the future child a home and consider an undeveloped zygote (dependent upon the victim of a crime going through an even further ordeal of pregnancy and chilbirth to ensure its survival) of equal importance as a human being?

    If it's not our place to decide to end the existence of a zygote...or even to feel relief at its spontaneous destruction when it was created in hate and violence...then why is it our place to kill another person under any circumstances?
    If one of my loved ones took the life of an innocent person, I would not feel bad at all if they were put to death for it. One of the main things that is wrong in the world today is the utter lack of accountability. I teach my son about consequences for his actions. People today look for a scapegoat instead of holding criminals accountable for their actions.

    I feel very strongly for the death penalty (obviously) because I want people to be held accountable for their actions. If you commit a heinous murder, you must pay for it, preferrably with your own life.

  13. #43
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    31,885

    Default Re: Crips Gang Co-Founder Executed in California

    the reason that a person is sentenced to death is because he knowingly committed a violent, horrible crime.
    And so the state responds with an equally reprehensable act.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

  14. #44
    Elite Member dexter7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,275

    Default Re: Crips Gang Co-Founder Executed in California

    It's just a sad fact that children resulting from unwanted pregnancies are several times more likely to become victims and/or victimizers of others later on.
    please try to find some information to support this fact, as you call it. there is none, what it is is your opinion, which to me appears very prejudiced. maybe not by race, but by the social status of the woman who is aborting her fetus or embryo.

  15. #45
    Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Uranus
    Posts
    31,885

    Default Re: Crips Gang Co-Founder Executed in California

    I posted an article a while back on this very subject (it may have been on an older version of the board). And it did state that unwanted children are more likely to become victimized and thus become victimizers themselves. I look for it and if I find it, I'll post it.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

    "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 'Conservative movement' founder calls on GOP leadership to resign
    By Grimmlok in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 4th, 2006, 11:43 AM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: October 4th, 2006, 09:06 AM
  3. Gang raids Kate Moss' car
    By moomies in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: June 13th, 2006, 12:10 PM
  4. Executed man may have been innocent
    By buttmunch in forum Crime and Punishment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: December 2nd, 2005, 07:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •