Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Creepy Millionaire Robert Durst's Ego Finally Gets Him Arrested for Murder

I watched it with no knowledge of him too. Never heard of the guy. Has anyone else in history ever been found not guilty after the jury knew they dismembered a corpse?

I thought it was funny how the NY prosecutor was trippin as she looked at the writing on those envelopes.

Creepy is his alibi when his wife went missing. He told the cops he was having a drink with his next door neighbor. The neighbor said he didn't have a drink with Durst that night. But the neighbor did say he saw someone with a flashlight in the crawlspace of Durst's house that night with the lights out. So if that's the case why didn't the cops check it out for possible evidence? Maybe he had her body in there.

It was funny when he told the interviewer he shaved his head and eyebrows to disguise himself and the guy said, "Did you accidentally shave your eyebrows?" And Durst says, "No, how would you accidentally shave your eyebrows?"
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    "His suits are cheaply made because he makes them in other countries, taking jobs away from good, hard-working Americans."...Bevy Smith on Donald Trump

His wife was a student where I work at the time she disappeared.

Middle son and I watch The Jinx and he said no way that this guy killed just three people, that there are others just not known about yet and low and behold, it was on the news they think Durst may have something to do with another woman that disappeared in 1971. She was last seen at a health food store that Durst owned. Wow. Serial killer alert.

^^^Yeah, there was a guy seen leaning into the passenger side window of a car talking to a woman who later went missing and the sketch made from descriptions of the guy resembled Durst. The glasses in the sketch were similar to the ones Durst wore at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    His wife was a student where I work at the time she disappeared.
    It's flipped out that a woman claiming to be Kathy Durst called there and said she wasn't coming in cause she's sick. The DA suspected Kathy Durst was already dead or missing when that phone call was made and they think Susan Burman was the one who made that call for Durst. Around that same time, Durst had made two separate deposits into Susan Burman's bank account of $25,000 each. The DA was about to talk to Susan Burman but she was shot in the head a day or so before they got there. Susan was Durst's best friend but the thinking here is he killed her because he didn't wanna risk the DA getting any info out of her.
    "His suits are cheaply made because he makes them in other countries, taking jobs away from good, hard-working Americans."...Bevy Smith on Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by panic View Post
    I watched it with no knowledge of him too. Never heard of the guy. Has anyone else in history ever been found not guilty after the jury knew they dismembered a corpse?

I thought it was funny how the NY prosecutor was trippin as she looked at the writing on those envelopes.

Creepy is his alibi when his wife went missing. He told the cops he was having a drink with his next door neighbor. The neighbor said he didn't have a drink with Durst that night. But the neighbor did say he saw someone with a flashlight in the crawlspace of Durst's house that night with the lights out. So if that's the case why didn't the cops check it out for possible evidence? Maybe he had her body in there.

It was funny when he told the interviewer he shaved his head and eyebrows to disguise himself and the guy said, "Did you accidentally shave your eyebrows?" And Durst says, "No, how would you accidentally shave your eyebrows?"
    I think there were several problems with the dismemberment case...the first, obviously Durst had the best defense money could buy. Second, the prosecution was so sure they had a slam-dunk, they didn't think it through. All he was charged with was first degree murder, that was the jury's only option and cause of death couldn't be determined. Durst wasn't charged with dismemberment or disposal of the body. He claimed self-defense and was apparently a convincing witness on his own behalf. I'm guessing he shot the guy in the back of the head, like Berman. But without the head, they couldn't convict.

Reminds me a little of Casey Anthony...they couldn't prove cause of death there either, and the prosecutors went for first degree or broke. They gambled and lost.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    Middle son and I watch The Jinx and he said no way that this guy killed just three people, that there are others just not known about yet and low and behold, it was on the news they think Durst may have something to do with another woman that disappeared in 1971. She was last seen at a health food store that Durst owned. Wow. Serial killer alert.
    Of course it's possible, but I'm not convinced (yet) that he's a serial killer. The 3 known murders all were people who were a threat to his money, control or freedom. The wife wanted money in the divorce. Morris Black IMO knew his identity and may have been squeezing him for money. Berman just knew too much and had fallen on hard times and needed money. He gave her $50k but may have felt she was shaking him down too. Very weird that after she died, he gave her stepson $100k for college. Almost like he enjoyed sharing his wealth, but only on his own terms. If someone put his back against the wall, buh-bye.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    the prosecution was so sure they had a slam-dunk, they didn't think it through.
    Not surprising. The prosecution looked like stooges at one point during that trial when Durst was on the witness stand. They were trying to mimic Durst's account of the killing in slow motion. The prosecutor says to Durst, "So you grabbed him by the arm like this and turned him around, is that your testimony?" And Durst says, "No, that's not my testimony. You guys look like spaghetti." I laughed out loud when he said that cause the two guys looked tangled, one couldn't really tell what they were doing and their point was never made.

I know the case mainly from the Forensic Files, so my memory is a little sketchy.

When they first caught him, wasn't he shoplifting some ridiculous, trivial items from a store, but had a ton of cash in his pockets?

His wife's murder (disappearance) didn't happen until she had finally decided to leave him?

I have to admit, it doesn't to me like he was the type to kill random strangers, or even had the kind of sexual predator aspect that would have led him to kill some of these other women that he's being accused of killing.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    When they first caught him, wasn't he shoplifting some ridiculous, trivial items from a store, but had a ton of cash in his pockets?
    Yeah, they caught him in a Wegman's in Pennsylvania stealing a sandwich. He had $500 in his pocket and $38,000 in the trunk of his car.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    His wife's murder (disappearance) didn't happen until she had finally decided to leave him?
    I think they were pretty much living separately for awhile and she'd supposedly seen a lawyer and was contemplating divorce. I read somewhere that he was actually dating Mia Farrow's sister at that time too. Allegations of fighting and physical violence according to her friends. She was at a party that night and he kept calling her and they were arguing. She was drinking and doing cocaine allegedly. Who knows if it was premeditated or if things just got out of hand once she got back to the house. My take...she was in her early 20's when she married him, (he was about 10 years older) a middle class girl who got swept up in the money and lifestyle (who wouldn't) and decided she wasn't going to walk away empty handed. Fatal mistake.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

i need to watch the documentary. if the shoplifting is any indication, he's driven more by the satisfaction he gets from getting away with horrible shit and outsmarting the system. a defiant sociopath.
    yanna likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Sputnik you must watch the documentary. It took all of our combined self-control not to binge watch it in one night. It's amazing.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Where did you watch it? Because I don't have HBO
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

yes, do tell, we're about to cancel HBO. I might not be able to binge-watch it all before we do.

Erm... I can't really say... Can you take a wild guess?
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Don't know if you really can watch it for free on this site, my iPad is too old to download the app:

Watch The Jinx The Life and Deaths of Robert Durst Free Online

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information