Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: 'Cover-up' over Cologne sex assaults blamed on migration sensitivities

Where do they get their ideas that Western women are so free and easy? Is it our media? Movies and music videos?
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

CNN - Gangs of men have attacked and injured two Pakistanis and a Syrian man in Cologne, Germany, in the aftermath of an unprecedented wave of mob sex assaults on women in the city on New Year's Eve.Cologne police said a gang of 20 men attacked at least six Pakistani nationals Sunday, with two of the victims hospitalized. Five men later attacked and injured a man of Syrian descent, police said.

Two men have been detained following the assaults on the men, which occurred as Germany grapples with the New Year's Eve attacks on women in Cologne.

Large numbers of women reported being sexually assaulted or robbed by gangs of men of Arab or North African appearance during New Year's celebrations in the city center, with some victims saying they feared for their lives.

The reported assaults have sparked fierce public debate about the wisdom of German Chancellor Angela Merkel's liberal policies toward migrants and have unleashed a wave of anger toward authorities for their response to the attacks.

Sunday marked the first time anger surrounding the incident has boiled over into reported assaults on minority groups.

The number of criminal charges stemming from the crime wave on New Year's Eve has risen to 516 -- 40% of which relate to sexual assaults, Cologne police said.

Cologne aftermath: Pakistanis, Syrian assaulted - CNN.com
    What did they think was going to happen when the government is responding the way they have been?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

It's really not good enough for Angela Merkel to say the situation is out of control.
    I have some famous friends and I have mostly not famous friends.

She blamed the victims.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i think you're misunderstanding the article. feminists - the women who are supposed to care about women and defend their rights when they are victims of sexual assaults - are a part of the left that the article is calling out. progresives - who are supposed to care about equality - are a part of the left that the article is calling out. he calls them out because they're the ones who are supposed to be on the side of women but seem more concerned with trying to make the story disappear and downplaying the origins of the perpetrators. there's no point in calling out the xenophobic right wing because we know they're douches who don't give a fuck about women.
    the current dominant wave in feminism is so obsessed with intersectionality it's lost the forest for the trees, and that they made it clear that all the other issues that intersect with feminism and women's rights - be it race, class, economic privilege, etc - actually matter more than women themselves. it's obvious in the way their reaction to mass assault differs depending on the race/ethnicity of the perpetrators.
    I think I understand his point overall. But my sense was that he was also concerned with the political ramifications of the move versus the plain affect on the victims or women in general. Maybe I misread it. My tolerance for party concern over people concern is at negative 1000.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Where do they get their ideas that Western women are so free and easy? Is it our media? Movies and music videos?
    That's not the point. It doesn't matter how naked or "easy" a woman is, consent is still necessary. Saying this has anything to do with scantily clad women is slut shaming and putting the onus on women to modify their behaviour to prevent me from raping them.

eta: why the fuck does my iPhone autocorrect "raping" to "taking"? Sounds like something out of a bodice ripper romance novel.
    Last edited by sputnik; January 12th, 2016 at 09:57 PM.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    That's not the point. It doesn't matter how naked or "easy" a woman is, consent is still necessary. Saying this has anything to do with scantily clad women is slut shaming and putting the onus on women to modify their behaviour to prevent me from taking them.
    I'm not disagreeing with that at all...my point is they see that and make assumptions about Western women in general. Of course to most people the way someone dresses or acts is NOT an invitation to rape. But I'm just asking what is their motivation.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Isn't that what they were taught? Women who show their ankles are loose, without morals? Deserving of rape, death, whatever. I thought it was just part of their upbringing.
    if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Some Muslim sects do think that, and some Christian ones as well.

A*O

All religions have some kind of "modesty" rule involving what women may or may not wear. But even if they seem ridiculous or if women break those rules it doesn't give men the right to assault them.
    BITTER likes this.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

The problem is that religion/tradition teaches men that women are worth less than them, and then hinges what little value they have on their bodies - whether as sex object or mother - and that means that we live in cultures that do tacitly/implicitly tell men that women's bodies belong to them. The difference between cultures/religions is one of degrees and has more to do with history than anything else.
    BITTER, Sarzy, effie2 and 3 others like this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Hmmm
    I wonder what would happen if the tables are turned?
    If a mob of women attacked each man, groping them. Robbing them?

Hmmm???

There is this dirt path going around Acropolis.It is the best part of my daily walk.All greenery and birds and old ruins.There are many stray tourists in summer time,along with local joggers and dog walkers.But it is very quiet during winter months.It is about 10 minutes walk to get to the other touristy part.
    Today i walked there and as i turned to inter ,there were two Middle Eastern men leaning on a tree and almost blocking the path.No one else in sight.
    I stopped cold for a few moments and then i decided i ll just wont give in to fear and i walked to the other side a bit faster than usual,i must say..
    Then at the end of the path ,i exchanged the usual pleasantries with the African boys busking there..
    Those bastards are poisoning our minds for gain..we are just pawns to their dirty games..
    BITTER likes this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    It's really not good enough for Angela Merkel to say the situation is out of control.
    She was warned this would happen. It was pretty bloody obvious.

A survey showed that while Germans were welcoming "refugees" with bottles of water and teddy bears the majority of people thought it was all kumbaya and wonderful. Only few weeks later the majority of Germans now want their border closed. Too late suckers, the genie is out of the bottle.

After the NYE mass assaults against women in several European cities, the German Federal Criminal Police Office, BKA, now say that the Arab "rape game" Taharrush has established itself in Europe, reports the German newspaper Die Welt.

In addition to the events in Cologne, police in Berlin, Hamburg, Bielefeld, Frankfurt, Düsseldorf and Stuttgart have reported of similar incidents. In addition, police in Vienna and Salzburg in Austria and Zurich in Switzerland have raised the alarm about similar mass assaults against women by newly arrived Arab migrants. Also Sweden and Finland experienced the same on New Year's Eve.

- The attacks range from sexual molestation to rape, says head of BKA, Holger Münch.

The "rape game" Taharrush is about a large group of Arab men surrounding their victim, usually a Western woman or a woman wearing Western-style clothing, and then the women are subjected to sexual abuse.

They surround the victim in circles. The men in the inner circle are the ones who physically abuse the woman, the next circle are the spectators, while the mission of the third circle is to distract and divert attention to what's going on.

If there is enough men, the woman is dragged along by the mob, while the men take turns ripping her clothes off, grope her, and inserting fingers in her various body orifices.

Taharrush is noted in Egypt as a kind of "lighter sexual abuse or gang rape" and occurred during the Egyptian Revolution (The Arab Spring) of 2011 in the unrest at the Tahrir Square, where Egyptian women and in some cases foreign journalists were surrounded by groups of men, often having been touched with sexual intent and partly undressed, stripped naked and gang raped.
    Speisa.com
    Last edited by A*O; January 13th, 2016 at 03:53 PM.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information