Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cops Pepper Spray Stick-Wielding Eight-Year-Old

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    As a parent in one of those red states, I can tell you that the parent has to sign a form allowing their child to receive corporal punishment. So, in the end, its still up to the parent.
    Thanks. I had no idea about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post

I don't know about this. I wouldn't even believe any statistics because the injuries to kids are underreported. I've known kids in psych hospitals who ended up with broken arms & legs. Just because everyone is trained doesn't mean they do it right, by a long shot. It's way different doing restraints in training than in real life, and when a kid comes flying at you with murder in his eyes, reflexes & instincts tend to kick in. Lots of kids end up with bruises. The adults do too, but I'm just saying that the kids get hurt a lot more than people want to admit. There's no perfect answer to this. Any method you use to restrain a kid in this situation has risks.
    I'm not saying the kids are never injured in any way. I did my student teaching there and saw literally, every single day some kid going apeshit. (They don't always resort to restraining, btw. It really is a last resport situation when that happens) During the year I spent there, 2 child care workers were fired for using excessive force but of them night staff.

As an aside, nearly all of the kids in the program were born addicted to drugs and have both emotional issues and vision impairments. And their parents/guardians are as fucking crazy as the kids.

You are soooooo wrong. I've known hundreds in the last 15 years. They either defend the snowflakes and blame the whole world or they flat out tell you that they don't care & they're sick of being called by the school & they're sick of the kid, period.
    In 4th grade this kid from our neighborhood was bullying my son, and after like the 3rd time of meeting at the school and neither of his parents showing, I went to their house. The mom just stared at me blankly and said "I can't control him. He won't do nuthin' I tell 'im to. His daddy can't control him neither." I was dumbstruck. That was seriously the first time I'd ever experienced someone so...disconnected from parenting their kid.

My initial reaction to this story was WTF? But then after learning more and seeing the reports, I'm thinking they didn't do enough. But I'm kinda shitty like that.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Quote Originally Posted by Charmed Hour View Post
    I'm not saying the kids are never injured in any way. I did my student teaching there and saw literally, every single day some kid going apeshit. (They don't always resort to restraining, btw. It really is a last resport situation when that happens) During the year I spent there, 2 child care workers were fired for using excessive force but of them night staff.

As an aside, nearly all of the kids in the program were born addicted to drugs and have both emotional issues and vision impairments. And their parents/guardians are as fucking crazy as the kids.
    Oh I know you weren't saying that. I was just saying that I'm not convinced that adults are more likely to get hurt. It may be true, I don't know.

A company I worked for long ago fired a guy one time because while he was restraining a kid, the kid (about 10 years old) said that he was going to go to the school where the staff guy's kid attended (also 10 years old, & he knew who he was) and rape & beat him. Staff guy lost his shit and all his training flew out the window. You gotta expect these kids to say that stuff because they do.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

That dumb mother blames everyone but herself.

Creepy little dude.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    That pretty much matches the map for childhood obesity. Clearly fat kids need a whoopin'
    fat little republicans in the making.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

or.....corporal punishment affects later political affiliation.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Oh I know you weren't saying that. I was just saying that I'm not convinced that adults are more likely to get hurt. It may be true, I don't know.

A company I worked for long ago fired a guy one time because while he was restraining a kid, the kid (about 10 years old) said that he was going to go to the school where the staff guy's kid attended (also 10 years old, & he knew who he was) and rape & beat him. Staff guy lost his shit and all his training flew out the window. You gotta expect these kids to say that stuff because they do.

I am so stunned I don't even know what to say. That a child could say something so horrifying. What kind of home life a child must have, how sick they must be and to think what they will do in a few short years... I can't wrap my head around this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information