Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Like Tree496Likes

Thread: Cop kills unarmed kid in my town

You must be hung, drawn and quartered.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

No lashing first? That's too light a sentence for a bad kid like me.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

Well, you're also going to burn in hell for all eternity.

Good thing that you didn't sell loose cigarettes. Here that crime gets you death by choke hold.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by rockchick View Post
    ban me I won't be back.
    Okay.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Elite Member

I think someone in this thread is defensive for a reason, but whatever. I'm passionate about this too, it could have been my kid. If we don't change things it can be my son, my nephews.
    Oh and I also want to state the picture with the gun it sounds like is another black kid... but I guess all black people look alike to some. What's interesting is the footage of the store could be my husband for all it shows.
    Death for walking down the street, I guess at least it was bullets and not a lynching, huh?
    faithanne likes this.

I asked this on Facebook.. Where were the cigars and why didn't or haven't arrested his friend who was allegedly with him?
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by rockchick View Post
    Raw Video: Surveillance video believed to show Michael Brown robbing convenience store | FOX2now.com

Raw Video: Surveillance video believed to show Michael Brown robbing convenience store
    POSTED 12:41 PM, AUGUST 15, 2014, BY VERA CULLEY, UPDATED AT 12:53PM, AUGUST 15, 2014
    FACEBOOK4K+TWITTER80GOOGLEPINTERESTLINKEDINEMAIL

(KTVI) – Ferguson police released video of a suspect wanted for robbing a convenience store just minutes before Michael Brown was shot and killed by a Ferguson Police officer.

Authorities believe it is Brown in the video. According to the police report, Brown allegedly stole a pack of cigars and strong-armed a clerk who was trying to stop him before leaving the convenience store.

Brown was later shot and killed after a short struggle with officer Darren Wilson.

See the police report
    Dont know how to embed the video. Guess he wasm't such an innocent.

Thats all.
    It's just disheartening to read this because (among other things) it shows that the police department's (or whoever it was) tactic of putting that information out there worked. It doesn't have to be proven, nor does it have to be directly connected to the situation at hand--once it's out, they can count on some people to connect the dots and come up with a reason it was OK to shoot an unarmed person for little or no reason.

Plus, why would it only be a tragedy if Brown was one of those "good" black people who has to be better than your average white teenager in order to be considered even half as good or worthwhile? Are all young black men either model citizens or thugs who have got it coming? Grrr.
    heart_leigh likes this.
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

notice how they (finally) released the name of the cop, the same day they came out with the convenience store robbery.
    makes you wonder why they held off on releasing the name of the officer for so long. they probably used that time to look for something "bad" on that kid, because the less sympathetic the victim, the easier it is to get away with murder.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    notice how they (finally) released the name of the cop, the same day they came out with the convenience store robbery.
    makes you wonder why they held off on releasing the name of the officer for so long. they probably used that time to look for something "bad" on that kid, because the less sympathetic the victim, the easier it is to get away with murder.
    It's like what someone on tumblr said, the stories of the witnesses stayed the same, the stories of the police keep changing.
    *DIVA! and garysgirl1999 like this.

If my eyes aren't mistaken, the video shows the date "2014-06-09" - so (forgive me, I'm not that known to the american way of writing dates), was it a video from June or from days before he died?

Ferguson cop Darren Wilson didn’t know Michael Brown was robbery suspect at time of shooting, chief admits as teen's backers cry character 'assassination'

Backers of a black teenager killed by a Missouri cop accused the officer’s boss Friday of trying to “assassinate” the youth’s character by linking him to a robbery.
    Officer Darren Wilson had no idea 18-year-old Michael Brown was a suspected robber when he stopped the teenager and his pal, the chief later admitted.
    “They were walking down the middle of the street, blocking traffic, that was it,” said Ferguson, Mo., police chief Thomas Jackson.
    The theft of a $48.99 box of Swisher Sweets cigars from a convenience store “had nothing to do with the stop,” the chief said.
    The embattled chief dropped that bomb after he identified Wilson by name almost a week after a fatal shooting that sparked several days of rage in the heartland.
    Scott Olson/Getty Images A tear rolls down the cheek of Lesley McSpadden, mother of slain teenager Michael Brown, during a community meeting Tuesday. Family of the boy, killed by a police officer, are again upset after police indicated Brown was a suspect in a robbery just before he was fatally shot.
    Wilson, 28, just happened to be in the area “because he was on a sick case,” he said.
    A four-year veteran of the force, Wilson is “a gentlemen, a quiet officer,” the chief said.
    Then Jackson released video surveillance footage and a police report that named Brown as a suspect in a “strong-arm” robbery that happened less than an hour before the deadly encounter.
    Brown’s supporters immediately cried foul.
    Ferguson Police St. Louis police released stills from a surveillance video of a 'strong-armed robbery' incident that took place in Ferguson, Mo., shortly before the fatal shooting of Michael Brown.
    “It’s bad enough they assassinated him, and now they’re trying to assassinate his character,” Brown family attorney Benjamin Crump said.
    The Rev. Al Sharpton, who has been advising the Brown family, said Jackson was waging a “smear campaign.”
    Jackson insisted there was nothing fishy about why he was releasing the evidence against Brown now.
    “I’ve been sitting on it,” he said. “I held it for as long as I could.”
    LUCAS JACKSON/REUTERS Capt. Ron Johnson of the Missouri Highway Patrol addresses the media following an announcement that officer Darren Wilson had been involved in the shooting of teen Michael Brown.
    Residents of Ferguson, a mostly black suburb of St. Louis that has long been at odds with the town’s mostly white police force, weren’t buying it.
    “He stopped the wrong one, bottom line,” Tatinisha Wheeler said at the QuikTrip store that was burned by looters earlier in the week.
    Outside, a dozen protesters began marching and chanting “Hands up, don’t shoot” and “What do we want? Justice! When do we want it? Now!”
    Capt. Ron Johnson of the state Highway Patrol, who was tapped by Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon on Thursday to restore law and order in Ferguson, said he intended to talk to Jackson about his decision to identify Brown as a robbery suspect on the same day he ID’d Wilson.
    James Keivom/New York Daily News Ferguson Police Chief Tom Jackson named Darren Wilson as the cop who shot and killed 18-year-old Michael Brown.
    “I want to get a clear understanding about why that occurred,” he said.
    The surveillance video Jackson released shows a man who bore a resemblance to Brown shoving the store’s clerk and stealing the cigars.
    The yellow socks on the suspect in the video appear to match those Brown was wearing when he was killed.
    Freeman Bosley, a former St. Louis mayor and the lawyer for Brown’s friend, 22-year-old Dorian Johnson, confirmed the slain teen took the cigars.

“My client did tell us — and told the FBI — that they went into the store,” Bosley said on MSNBC. “He told the FBI that he did take cigarillos. He told that to the DOJ and the St. Louis County Police.”
    The whereabouts of Wilson, who witnesses have described as white, was not known but it was believed he left the area long before his name was revealed.
    Jackson said Wilson suffered facial injuries in his struggle with Brown that required hospitalization.
    Wilson stopped Brown and Johnson a minute after noon Saturday, the police report says.
    After five nights of protests around Missouri, police identified the officer who shot and killed Michael Brown.
    Previous Next

Enlarge
    James Keivom/New York Daily News
    “After viewing Brown and reviewing this video, I was able to confirm that Brown is the primary suspect in this incident,” the report states.
    What happened when Wilson caught up to Brown is the subject of a criminal investigation headed by St. Louis County Prosecutor Bob McCulloch. The officer has not been charged with a crime.
    The FBI is also conducting a civil rights probe of the shooting. And the U.S. Department of Justice is monitoring the case.
    Jackson maintains Wilson fired after one of the two men shoved him into his police cruiser and went for the officer’s gun.
    Big'mike Jr Brown via Facebook Brown was killed Saturday, and it took police nearly a week to release the officer’s name.
    In the struggle, at least one shot was fired inside the car before the fighting spilled onto the street where Brown was shot multiple times, according to police.
    Johnson, who has not been charged with a crime, claims Brown was “shot like an animal” in the back after Wilson ordered them to get on the sidewalk. He said Brown had his hands up in the air and told the cop he was unarmed.
    Jackson’s refusal to release Wilson’s name fanned the fury in Ferguson. He said the department had been hit with death threats and that he wanted to protect the officer.
    Angry residents said Jackson was trying to protect a bad cop, and they took to the streets.
    Brown's friend claimed the teen was shot after the cop demanded the friends walk on the road, not the sidewalk.
    Previous Next

Enlarge
    James Keivom/New York Daily News
    Ferguson and county cops unleashed a barrage of tear gas and rubber bullets on the demonstrators. They also arrested a pair of reporters covering the mayhem
    Shocked by violence and the arrests of the journalists, President Obama and other officials condemned the clashes.
    Nixon ordered local cops to stand down and replaced them Thursday with Johnson and the state troopers — over the objections of McCulloch.
    Demonstrators returned to the streets, but there was no repeat of the violence, vandalism and looting that rocked Ferguson on previous nights.
    Capt. Ron Johnson meets with protesters in Ferguson

Protestors chant 'Hands Up, Don't Shoot' as a top cop with the Highway Patrol joins them in a nighttime rally on Aug. 14, 2014.

“All they did was look at us and shoot tear gas,” demonstrator Pedro Smith said. “This is totally different. Now we’re being treated with respect.”
    Meanwhile, state Sen. Jamilah Nasheed, a St. Louis Democrat, asked that McCulloch be replaced with a special prosecutor.
    “This racially charged climate demands an independent investigation, and to be perfectly blunt, the African-American community has no confidence that your office can carry out an impartial investigation and prosecution,” Nasheed wrote.
    The lawmaker cited McCullochs’ decision not the charge police officers accused of killing two unarmed African-American men in 2000.

Ferguson cop Darren Wilson didn’t know Michael Brown was robbery suspect at time of shooting, chief admits as teen's backers cry character 'assassination' - NY Daily News

He acted like a thug by attacking that guy in the store. But no that doesn't mean he deserves to be shot and I hope his murder gets a proper investigation and trial. It's pretty shocking to see what's been happening there.

^^^^
    exactly. the fact that he robbed a convenience store doesn't change what the police did at all, especially since the cop who shot him didn't even know about the robbery. using that as a an excuse for gunning him down for no good reason is the same as when people argue that prostitutes can't be raped just because they're prostitutes.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

There is also an arrest record making the rounds that everyone seems to take for fact without even bothering to check independently. If you search Michael Brown you end up with 80 pages of results, if you search 2013 you end up with a Michael Brown that was born in 1997, and they are not this Michael Brown. I feel like even acknowledging this shit gives credit to the character assassination facet. https://www.courts.mo.gov/casenet/base/welcome.do

In the end, I feel like this case should shine a big fucking spotlight on police reactions, militarization of police, racism, and classist bullshit that is going on all over the US.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

i don't think the same kid robbed the store. like how the fuck would they come up with that shit conveniently like that? oh btw the guy who got shot, we have some proof he was BAAAAAAAD.... you cant even see his face. how many guys have that body type? same as the police record. total character assasination.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information