Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree496Likes

Thread: Cop kills unarmed kid in my town

So they scuffled in the cop car but the kid was shot from 35 feet away. The cop's story stinks.
    "You're going to die tomorrow, Lord Bolton. Sleep well."

Theres a lovely picture of the 6'3" 300 lb. "kid" on facebook sitting at a table with a roll of cash in his mouth, pointing a gun with booze on the table. I don't necessarily believe the cops but I don't necessarily take the witness statements as gospel either. After all, they gotta live here. I'm not convinced this "kid" is so innocent. I don't automatically believe the cops either though. I know some cops are bad. I don't condemn an entire race for the actions of a few, I don't condemn every cop for the actions of a few either. I'm just tired of fearing nightfall. I'm old enough to remember Kent State. They've cancelled the first day of school because of this. This community was doing fine up until this incident. Lived here 20 years, and never felt fear.
    Gossiplover likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    they also arrested a couple of journalists covering the case. they were arrested while at a mcdonalds as customers. for "trespassing". hmmmm
    That's true, they were arrested but I'm not sure why. The McD's is across the street from where they burned down the QT and is the hotspot area every night since. They have to close off the main road there every night. There are apts there where the shooting happened.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by rockchick View Post
    Theres a lovely picture of the 6'3" 300 lb. "kid" on facebook sitting at a table with a roll of cash in his mouth, pointing a gun with booze on the table. I don't necessarily believe the cops but I don't necessarily take the witness statements as gospel either. After all, they gotta live here. I'm not convinced this "kid" is so innocent. I don't automatically believe the cops either though. I know some cops are bad. I don't condemn an entire race for the actions of a few, I don't condemn every cop for the actions of a few either. I'm just tired of fearing nightfall. I'm old enough to remember Kent State. They've cancelled the first day of school because of this. This community was doing fine up until this incident. Lived here 20 years, and never felt fear.
    Your kids have no dumb pictures out there? We all do.
    FTR my tiny preemie will one day grow up to be a over 6 foot tall 250 lb giant probably just like his dad, oh and he's half black, good to know he's going to be judged as a menace by those standards.
    I guess I see things differently, my husband grew up harrassed, shot guns in his face for driving in a nice neighborhood. This kid could have been my son, and that terrifies me.
    I think the police have a lot of holes in there story first he was a thief, then he assaulted the officer, oh they have no dash cams, they just bought body cams but they werent in use at the time. Oh and the officer never called in the shooting. Tear gassing people in their yards, attacking with wooden pellets. Shit is starting to look like the 1950s civil rights protests, dogs, tear gas...where are the hoses?

#Iftheygunnedmedown.......and of course, what possible interest is there in the PD from portraying this kid - with NO record- as a thug, whilst keeping the cop hidden and giving them time to scrub his image........
    chartreuse likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

don't know if the kid has a record or not. The cop will be named.

Quote Originally Posted by maryk View Post
    Your kids have no dumb pictures out there? We all do.
    FTR my tiny preemie will one day grow up to be a over 6 foot tall 250 lb giant probably just like his dad, oh and he's half black, good to know he's going to be judged as a menace by those standards.
    I guess I see things differently, my husband grew up harrassed, shot guns in his face for driving in a nice neighborhood. This kid could have been my son, and that terrifies me.
    I think the police have a lot of holes in there story first he was a thief, then he assaulted the officer, oh they have no dash cams, they just bought body cams but they werent in use at the time. Oh and the officer never called in the shooting. Tear gassing people in their yards, attacking with wooden pellets. Shit is starting to look like the 1950s civil rights protests, dogs, tear gas...where are the hoses?

ok I'm not here to fight, theres enough of that shit right outside my fucking door. don't put words in my mouth. Goddamn goodbye.

I can't even leave my house at night. I never said your kid was a thug. I'm out. FUCK! Sorry but if you don't think I'm stressed, they (not the cops) beat the shit out of a guy walking his dog last night. Peace!

And no, my kid doesn't have a gun. But I'm ready to buy one and use it.
    Gossiplover likes this.

who is they? I'm confused.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

don't know if the kid has a record or not. The cop will be named.
    it's been confirmed in the national media.......have they shut down the flow of info to the town? that's always helpful when trying to impose a police state.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

my last post in this thread. they are protesters.

I'm not here to fight either. And I don't live in Ferguson, so I can only go by social media reportage because the traditional media have been shut down there. Clearly somehow order needs to be imposed. If I lived there, I'd be terrified.

I did grow up in this general region. My dad grew up within a couple of hours' driving distance from St. Louis. I still go visit that area sometimes. The town I grew up in was about 40 percent black, the rest mainly white, and there was a race riot in my high school, and here is the truth from my own life, not saying it applies to everyone else:

I was raised to be racist. My parents were racist. The one who's still alive still is racist. My extended family, especially of an earlier generation, are racist. One of those family members was a state trooper.

By age two I had learned the word "nigger" and didn't know, in my innocence, that it was a bad word. So at age two, I pointed to a black man in public and called him "nigger" and he heard me, and it's one of my earliest memories because I saw the look on his face and knew something was very wrong. The look was one of anguish. I felt shame for the first time. I never said that word again because I knew I had hurt someone.

I'm ashamed of that event even today. I'm ashamed of my family for their ... I can only call it a form of evil.

When I was a teen, a black boy (half black) and I were good friends and had crushes on each other. His mom wouldn't allow him to date me, and he told me so. My parents would not have wanted it either. Our friendship dissolved, and I regret that sorely, and my life would have been better with him in it.

I've worked hard to be my own person. I've confronted my family over their racism, but they are incapable of changing. I have little to do with them, because the gaps in our world views are so huge.

I notice here in New York that sometimes when I encounter a black man, my heart rate slightly rises. Probably because racism was taught to me so young that it's woven deeply into my nervous system even though my conscious thoughts don't match that reaction. When I need directions or my cell has died and I don't know the time, I generally will ask a black man for help because it pisses me off that I sometimes have had these negative physical reactions. And when I do that?

They always look surprised that I approached them. And that's in the diversity of a cosmopolitan city in the northeast. So fuck this shit. I'm so fucking goddamn sick of it, and I'm fucking white and not even on the oppressed end of this horror.

This may seem like a story only indirectly related to what's happening in Ferguson. But I know that could have been my hometown, my parents' hometowns, and at least one of my family members directly involved.
    Brah, sputnik, faithanne and 15 others like this.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

SHOCK VIDEO: FERGUSON POLICE DELIBERATELY TEAR GAS JOURNALISTS
    Newsweek admits American police have "become an army"

by PAUL JOSEPH WATSON | AUGUST 14, 2014

Shocking footage out of Ferguson, Missouri shows that police are deliberately targeting journalists as part of a military-style crackdown that has caused outrage, with even Newsweek acknowledging that U.S. law enforcement is now akin to an occupying army.

The clip shows Al-Jazeera journalists preparing to do a live camera shot of the scene in Ferguson before they are hit with a round of tear gas. The reporters run in the opposite direction. Subsequent photographs show militarized police officers seizing and dismantling their camera equipment as another officer points a sniper rifle at the fleeing reporters.

It is important to emphasize that this is no longer about looting. The police were AWOL when the looting unfolded on Sunday night. Since that time the looting has all but stopped but the crackdown against peaceful protesters and journalists has intensified.

Two journalists working for the Huffington Post and the Washington Post were also arrested for not leaving a McDonalds quickly enough, as shown in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXI2ln_2Tac

Infowars reporter Joe Biggs was also struck by rubber bullets and tear gassed, in addition to having a sniper aim a gun at his head.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnXnWB0AZgg

St. Louis alderman Antonio French was also arrested and held overnight for the crime of exiting his car. Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon announced this morning that he would visit the town as concerns about wider civil unrest grow.

In arresting, assaulting and intimidating local officials and journalists, Ferguson police are clearly trying to create a chilling effect to discourage media coverage of their brutality and scare other reporters away from covering the story.

The situation in Ferguson is so ominous that even Newsweek is now reporting that America’s police have “become an army” and are “indistinguishable from soldiers,” a chilling acknowledgment given that we were labeled “conspiracy theorists” time and time again for warning about martial law in the past.

By instituting a military-style occupation of the town and aggressively targeting journalists and peaceful protesters, authorities are only increasing the likelihood of further disorder and civil unrest spreading to other areas.

In a related development, the Anonymous hacker group publicly released the name of the officer responsible for shooting 18-year-old Michael Brown and have vowed to release his photo and address if authorities do not respond today.

Source: » Shock Video: Ferguson Police Deliberately Tear Gas Journalists Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

^^^^
    THIS is what should scare you. not the protesters. i would be scared shitless to live in a town where the police kill an unarmed black man in the street and then react by arbitrarily arresting journalists and tear-gassing news crews. they've obviously got something to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by rockchick View Post
    no, it wasn't doing fine.
    i'm not talking about you, personally, but any community where the police can carry out an extrajudicial execution in broad daylight is not fine. and given the anger and protesting that came of this incident, i can guarantee that the tensions and racism were right there under the surface, waiting for an outlet.

but think about the way this kid is being portrayed - why do they pick those particular photos? the gun and money one. maybe, just maybe, do you think the media might be trying to find pictures of him where they can make him conform to the stereotype of the black thug? this despite being a recent HS graduate on his way to college, without a record. why did they pick that particular picture, and not the (i'm sure) hundreds of others they had to choose from where he didn't look 'thuggish'? and how is his size indicative of anything negative?
    look, i'm not saying this to personally attack you. i know you live there and it must be an incredibly stressful time. i'm just asking you to think and question what you're being told. question WHY the police is doing everything to shut down the media (why would they do that unless they had something to hide?). why aren't they releasing the name of the officer? yes, the possibility of threats is real, but it's not like the police don't have the means to protect him and his family.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

Anyone have a picture of Mike Brown with a gun and booze? I found a really nice conservative blog with a range of photos that show his "true" side. You guys, he throws up peace signs sometimes! He was obviously a thug.

Looking at pictures it looks like Egypt or something, not 2014 America.

The militarization of police forces — now outfitted with the armoured vehicles, battering rams and flash grenades once reserved for the military — is a rising concern in the U.S.
    "We think it's one of the most alarming trends going on in American policing today," said Tim Lynch, director of the Project on Criminal Justice at the Cato Institute, a Washington, D.C.-based think-tank.
    And the Cato Institute is a right wing think tank, so if they think it's bad, you know how bad it is.
    sputnik and chartreuse like this.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information