Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree496Likes

Thread: Cop kills unarmed kid in my town

Yeah, my Holiday liquor supply has taken a hit with all this bullshit. I'm going to need to make another liquor run if this keeps up.
    Brookie and BITTER like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

The Garner case breaks my heart. i can't watch that video. It's horrible. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there was no indictment, but I am. I guess I had some hope.

^I can't watch the video either...

Eric Garner's last words.

How are the camera's going to help when they can justify killing of this man...
    Shinola likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Yeah, my Holiday liquor supply has taken a hit with all this bullshit. I'm going to need to make another liquor run if this keeps up.
    Can't you just run downstairs to the Viking vodka?
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    It takes WORK to not be prejudiced, to see past stereotypes. And most people are lazy.
    It takes good parenting and instilling in OUR kids the things that may not have been taught properly to us or our parents. One of my friends at work (black guy) was SHOCKED that my 11 or 12 year old (at the time) asked for a limited edition copy of Uncle Tom's Cabin for Christmas one year. He didn't say it to me, but to another friend - just asking how it's possible that a white kid would want that. Very nearly pissed me off - don't make the assumption that my white kid is some redneck fucking hillbilly because of where we live!
    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    The Garner case is unsurprising yet still infuriating. I'm going for a drink.
    yeah, it's completely unsurprising.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoma View Post
    ^I can't watch the video either...

Eric Garner's last words.

How are the camera's going to help when they can justify killing of this man...
    Those fucking cameras were never meant to help citizens. They are there to protect the cops and to justify the crimes those fucking cops commit against innocent people. No matter WHAT is on film/camera, the jury seems to never make these cops accountable for their actions. I've seen it - we've ALL seen it - time after time. And it won't change.
    BITTER and Shinola like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Brookie and BITTER like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Another sham of a grand jury proceeding where the "defendant" got to testify, which is highly unusual. Clearly, the prosecutor was not acting as a prosecutor and didn't want charges brought. Same thing in Ferguson, that isn't how a grand jury deal is meant to go, with a DA basically trying the whole case rather than just seeking a finding of probable cause that an offense was committed. People are right to be outraged. Cops should NOT be above the law. Many have forgotten that the mission is "to protect and serve." Not, "protect myself at any cost, and subdue at any cost." That's what it's become, even in my own comparatively liberal backyard.
    Shinola likes this.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Cops are going to continue to kill as long a grand juries keep finding no cause to prosecute.

yep. we had a case in Atascocita (JKM knows - maybe manx too) a couple years ago where a black man was killed at THE WALMART because he stole a pkg of diapers, I believe it was. Young black man... the cops killed him by forcing him onto the pavement (in Texas in fucking AUGUST) and sitting on his back while he was "prone". Same scenario with him telling him that they are literally "killing" him. Not a fucking thing happened to them if I recall that correctly either.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

They are protesting in Miami. Every channel has it on. No jeopardy tonight.
    Brookie likes this.

In Cleveland, where Tamir Rice was murdered, open carry is legal.

http://ohioccw.org/files/OFCC-14-117...-IN-PUBLIC.pdf

So, let me make sure I have this straight:

It is legal in Cleveland for an adult to openly carry an actual firearm, but
    It is also legal for a cop to murder a black child for openly carrying a toy.

K. Got it.

This country is a fucking joke.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

Pretty much.

After Ferguson And Eric Garner Decision, White Christians Are Taking A Stand

After Ferguson And Eric Garner Decision, White Christians Are Taking A Stand
    Religion News Service | By Adelle M. Banks
    Posted: 12/06/2014 8:25 am EST Updated: 1 hour ago
    RUSSELL MOORE

WASHINGTON (RNS) “African-American brothers and sisters, especially brothers, in this country are more likely to be arrested, more likely to be executed, more likely to be killed.”

It’s the kind of statement that’s often cited by black clergy and civil rights activists. But hours after a grand jury on Wednesday (Dec. 3) chose not to indict the New York City police officer who put Eric Garner into a fatal choke hold on Staten Island, those words came from none other than white evangelical leader Russell Moore.

With back-to-back grand jury decisions that white police officers will not face charges in the deaths of unarmed black men, white Christians, including evangelicals, have grown more vocal in urging predominantly white churches to no longer turn a blind eye to injustice and to bridge the country’s racial divides.

“It’s time for us in Christian churches to not just talk about the gospel but live out the gospel by tearing down these dividing walls not only by learning and listening to one another but also by standing up and speaking out for one another,” said Moore, president of the Southern Baptist Convention’s Ethics & Religious Liberty Commission.

Other white evangelicals issued similar pleas.

“I weep & pray for his family,” tweeted Danny Akin, president of Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, the day before he led a prayer for justice at his school in Wake Forest, N.C. “I beg our God to bring good out of this tragedy.”

“’Love your neighbor as yourself’ means you picture yourself being choked and surrounded by five men while you say, ‘I can’t breathe,’” tweeted Scott Slayton, a white Southern Baptist pastor in Chelsea, Ala.

The Rev. Alan Cross, a white pastor in Montgomery, Ala., said the publicized video of Garner’s choke hold has moved some white Christians to speak when they might not have after Officer Darren Wilson was cleared in the death of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Mo. Cross is encouraging them to not just speak but listen to black people’s perspectives instead of only considering their own.

“What often happens when white evangelicals try to speak into this is that we continue to think first in terms of our own position,” said Cross, a Southern Baptist and author of “When Heaven and Earth Collide: Racism, Southern Evangelicals, and the Better Way of Jesus.”

“We should consider what people in the black community are saying, what are they going through, what is their experience.”

Cross and others went online in the hours after the Garner decision to share how blacks were reacting. Author Barnabas Piper chose to post what others were saying about Ferguson and Garner on his blog, saying as “a young white man” he wasn’t in the best position to explain it all.

“Put yourself in the shoes of the authors and immerse yourself in the experiences they describe,” he wrote. “You and I need to do so if we want to contribute anything to stopping injustice and closing the racial gap that exists.”

The Rev. Barbara Williams-Skinner, co-chair of the National African-American Clergy Network, sees a growing interest among white Christians and others to speak up about the “pile on” of events capped with the Garner decision.

“It just so offends the human spirit of people of every race that it compels them to act,” she said. “We don’t have to ask young white students and young white adults anymore to act. They understand … if the system will so violate the rights of people of color today, they will violate everybody’s rights tomorrow.”

She had already witnessed an interest across races in the Ferguson events when her network’s planned letter on justice from black church leaders took on a more interracial feel.

Even before the Garner decision, the progressive Christian group Sojourners had gathered 50 leaders, including black clergy and white evangelicals, for a retreat on Tuesday and Wednesday that included a “historic pilgrimage of racialized St. Louis” and a discussion of theological implications for “our nation’s broken justice system.”

“There were white evangelicals in the room in Ferguson who were weeping when the Garner decision came down,” said the Rev. Jim Wallis, founder of the Washington-based social justice group.

White Christians beyond evangelicalism added their voices to the outcry about the ruling.

“The degradation and demeaning of black life must stop,” said Serene Jones, president of New York’s Union Theological Seminary. “What the hell kind of country do we live in?”

Moore, noting some of the reaction after he called for racial reconciliation in the wake of the Ferguson strife, said some white Christians see no reason to speak up for better race relations.

“I have gotten responses, and seen responses, that are right out of the White Citizens’ Council material from 1964 in my home state of Mississippi, seeing people saying there is no gospel issue involved with racial reconciliation,” he said in a podcast.

He doesn’t agree with them.

“Are you kidding me? There is nothing that is clearer in the New Testament than the fact that the gospel breaks down the dividing walls that we have between one another.”
    Shinola and yoyoma like this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Even my 9 year old without getting any actual commentary or opinion from me knows this shit is wrong. We discussed Garner a bit and I explained what he was doing wrong and my son just cannot wrap his head around how that means death. He's seen the video and he understands that man is dead now and he just cannot understand how this is "okay" and I'm not going to let him think it ever is okay, black, white, detained immigrant, does not matter, this shit has got to stop. And the idiot talking heads in the TV, fuck all of them, they've turned this into some ratings circle jerk.

The police do whatever the fuck they want if you happen to be from the wrong part of town, or poor, or black. i was thrown against a car when I was 15 by a Harris County Constable, I filed a complaint, my complaint was "unfounded" but magically all of my resisting arrest charges just disappeared. I was lucky I had an adult at least half ass sticking up for me, this shit happens all the fucking time. The police can do do near whatever they want if they do it in the right neighborhood and do it to people that can't fight back.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Elite Member

The whole thing freaks me out so much -- every day I wake up and think WTF has happened to my country? Even putting morality, ethics, and civil rights aside, how can police force not view it as a total fuck-up when they kill unarmed people on a regular basis? How can they defend this?
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Thread Information