Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree496Likes

Thread: Cop kills unarmed kid in my town

this whole thing has made me re-evaluate several people I know.

I think for too long police have gotten by with murder and brutality. something has to be done in this country to put an end to the senseless killings by police.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    My fellow 1982 Scorpion! Never occurred to me that penises go into ears until your twitpics
    @NickoMoralesXXX
    @Sexy_Seth_1982 awe sexy! You're just too cute to be true- I can't take my eyes off of you-

Going back to rockchick, I was surprised she actually got banned, because this situation is exceptionally high-stakes for her. I can relate to some of the things she said. For example, my neighborhood has an increasing Muslim population. The tension is low-grade -- not like I experienced in France, where I saw a lot of outright racism, misunderstanding, and denial of problems. I would not be absolutely shocked if a racial incident happened in my neighborhood. BUT it's not like I sit around expecting it. I could say that "things were fine" here, meaning there were no obvious crises. And if someone, for instance, robbed one of the stores I frequent, I'd be upset about that, because the people working there are mom-and-pop friends, of several races.

Also, I have PTSD. I'd be in a terrible state if my reasonably safe neighborhood became a veritable war zone.

I don't know what was going through rockchick's mind. I can feel empathy, though. Maybe she wanted support in a scary situation. She didn't get that. Not a great moment for debates.

ETA: In case someone hasn't seen it, this interview with witness Piaget Crenshaw is interesting because it shows officer Darren Wilson not in a seriously injured enough state to prevent conversation etc.
    http://news.msn.com/us/video?videoid...87b3e3#tscptme
    Last edited by Shinola; August 21st, 2014 at 05:52 PM.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

This might sound mean but the things rockchick said didn't seem like someone scared and seeking empathy!!

ETA: if he is injured I'm an angel!!
    Seth82 and msdeb like this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

No problem . . . I'm just wondering . . . because she became defensive quickly, which some people do when emotions run high and there's a disagreement, so we can't really know.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

The grand jury has come to a decision. They are expected to announce tonight.

My God,...how long does it take? They have had the National Guard in position for over a week because they said they would announce a decision last Monday. Now they announce they have it but need time to prepare a news conference. Get on with it.

This is all pointing to a No vote.

They are saying the announcement will be around 8pm CST

I'm following this on Twitter and I can't believe the fiasco that's happening there. The ridiculous way they keep building the result up like it's the American Idol finale, the constant delaying of the announcement (which they are now going to make at night in front of an angry mob, no less) and the media fanning the flames gleefully; it's all just vile, and that's not even taking into the account the crime committed in the first place.

^^agree, and the aftermath is going to leave everyone a loser. Almost all property damage done to property owner's will not be covered by their insurance policies.

Police: Woman allegedly kills herself with gun bought to prepare for Ferguson unrest

By CNN Justice Reporter Evan Perez and Producer Shimon Prokupecz
    updated 8:57 AM EST, Mon November 24, 2014

St. Louis (CNN) -- A woman appears to have accidentally fatally shot herself in the head with a gun bought to prepare for possible Ferguson-related unrest, according to sources briefed on the police investigation.

The shooting occurred Friday night in downtown St. Louis, the city's Metropolitan Police Department said, in an area dominated by vacant lots beside a football stadium.

The female victim, identified in a police report as Becca Campbell, 26, was a passenger in a car involved in an auto accident. Her 33-year-old boyfriend was driving, the sources told CNN.

The boyfriend, who wasn't identified, told police that the couple had bought a gun because of fears of unrest related to the pending grand jury decision on the shooting of Michael Brown, the sources said.

He told investigators that as they drove late Friday night, the victim waved a gun, jokingly saying the couple were ready for Ferguson, the sources said.

He ducked to get out of the way of the gun and accidentally rear-ended another car. He said the accident caused the gun to go off and she was struck by a bullet in the head, the sources said.

The victim was rushed to a hospital but died.

The investigation is continuing because police want to be sure the story as told by the boyfriend is correct, the sources said. Police are awaiting gun trace results, as part of the ongoing investigation.

Police: Woman allegedly kills herself with gun bought to prepare for Ferguson unrest - CNN.com

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I had to turn it off. Do you know that they announced they had a verdict @ 5 EST? And now it's 8 PM?
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Yeah that doesn't make sense to announce it at night. I'd do it at 8am.
    BITTER likes this.

Elite Member

They want to incite riots, that's their goal it'sso clear. They'll say they were waitingon back up or some BS, but it's now dark, convenient.

The media, based on what I see on CNN, is itching for something bad to happen. I'd expect this from FOX News, but wow, really?
    BoogsBun and Froogy like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread Information