Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree496Likes

Thread: Cop kills unarmed kid in my town

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    Well, I liked rockchick and I wish she would have maybe put herself in a self-imposed "timeout". Just turned off the computer for a while. I do think she's so close to a very horrible situation and was scared.
    She just needed to vent, came to us and felt attacked instead of empathy?
    This is so delicate. First of all the written word is open to many interpretations. She is scared and lots of shit is going down there.
    She said,' the kid wasn't so innocent after all', she could have meant that he wasn't exactly an exemplary citizen. Guilty enough to get shot? NO!! But the guy was a robber.

Also what is the local media/ neighbors ect feeding the people? We are not there and we hear a thousand different stories.

This story has me so perplexed.

Let me preface this by saying I am a minority. I saw my dad pulled over and thrown against a police car and handcuffed for nothing more than being a brown man in a white neighborhood.

One of my first memories is my daddy taking me to McDonald's at night for a soft-serve cone, and him getting pulled over and called a spic by the officer. They pulled my dad out of the car which upset me. I was hysterical in the backseat and the officer asked me if "this man" aka my dad was hurting me.

My heart still races when an officer is behind me, and I've never been arrested and have only been ticketed once in my life in 1999.

So when I heard this story and the witness accounts, I totally took it at face value.

And then I saw the video alleged to be Michael stealing. His aggression against the store owner and the fact that this happened mere minutes before his death made me wonder if he was under the influence of mind-altering drugs (pcp came to mind). It also made me wonder if the accounts of Michael charging at the officer might be true.

I don't know and have been soul-searching to make sure my leanings aren't due to institutionalized racism that I may not even realize I have.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by mjw View Post
    Michael Brown allegedly beat Ferguson, Missouri, police officer Darren Wilson so badly that the he suffered an orbital fracture and was nearly unconscious before firing his weapon, a source told Fox News Wednesday. The unarmed teenager was killed by gunfire Aug. 9.

“The Assistant [Police] Chief took him to the hospital, his face all swollen on one side,” the news outlet’s inside source said of Officer Wilson’s condition immediately following the altercation. “He was beaten very severely.”

The source, which Fox said is “close to the department’s top brass,” said that when confronted by the police officer and told to stop walking in the middle of the road, Michael Brown and his friend Dorian Johnson ignored the order.

“They ignored him and the officer started to get out of the car to tell them to move,” the source told Fox News. “They shoved him right back in, that’s when Michael Brown leans in and starts beating Officer Wilson in the head and the face,” the individual added.

Fox’s source also added that “solid proof” existed that a struggle for Ofc. Wilson’s gun took place.

On Wednesday, U.S. Attorney General Eric H. Holder Jr. arrived in Ferguson and met with Ron Johnson, a Missouri State Highway Patrol captain who was tasked by Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon to coordinate law enforcement efforts. Mr. Holder said that there would be a “fair and thorough” federal inquiry into the incident in a letter addressed to the citizens of Ferguson.

“We hope that the independence and thoroughness of our investigation will bring some measure of calm to the tensions in Ferguson,” he said. “In order to begin the healing process, however, we must first see an end to the acts of violence in the streets.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...#ixzz3AzabpE77
    Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter
    aww just like Zimmerman, huh? so he was barely conscious but was able to hit a supposedly charging target 6 times or did they change that story again?

Quote Originally Posted by kasippu View Post
    She just needed to vent, came to us and felt attacked instead of empathy?
    This is so delicate. First of all the written word is open to many interpretations. She is scared and lots of shit is going down there.
    She said,' the kid wasn't so innocent after all', she could have meant that he wasn't exactly an exemplary citizen. Guilty enough to get shot? NO!! But the guy was a robber.

Also what is the local media/ neighbors ect feeding the people? We are not there and we hear a thousand different stories.
    Oh, I understand. I agree this is very delicate. I just meant that rockchick is coming from a different place than all of us right now and her fear and emotions were raw. For her own peace of mind, when things started to get heated, I wish she would have just walked away for a bit instead of asking to be banned. When emotions are high, no one is ever going to understand what the other person is saying.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrypye View Post
    This story has me so perplexed.

Let me preface this by saying I am a minority. I saw my dad pulled over and thrown against a police car and handcuffed for nothing more than being a brown man in a white neighborhood.

One of my first memories is my daddy taking me to McDonald's at night for a soft-serve cone, and him getting pulled over and called a spic by the officer. They pulled my dad out of the car which upset me. I was hysterical in the backseat and the officer asked me if "this man" aka my dad was hurting me.

My heart still races when an officer is behind me,

This is really awful! We really need police but some of them...

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    . For her own peace of mind, when things started to get heated, I wish she would have just walked away for a bit instead of asking to be banned. When emotions are high, no one is ever going to understand what the other person is saying.
    I know. Wish she had done that.

This whole thing have made me see people that I have known for years in a very different light. People leave comments about this story on cnn, abc updates saying things like "all of those animals deserve to die they just want something for nothing or there's no racism they always pulling the race card!" Yes, I must ignore it and of course there only a few...HA! Sure
    BITTER and greysfang like this.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    For those that commented earlier about fox, do you realize that Fox Broadcasting Network is completely different from Fox News? Fox has local affiliates and air the Simpsons, football and they also have their own local news with reporters and everything. So the source came from the local fox affiliate and not the fox news channel on cable.
    Thank you for saying that. In my area Fox 26 is a local channel that I watch football on (and the Simpsons and shit like that). I don't think some people realized that it's a different channel and NOT Fox News. I wouldn't watch that shit under any circumstance.
    Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    This whole thing have made me see people that I have known for years in a very different light. People leave comments about this story on cnn, abc updates saying things like "all of those animals deserve to die they just want something for nothing or there's no racism they always pulling the race card!" Yes, I must ignore it and of course there only a few...HA! Sure
    That's disgusting! and why the hell would people choose to ignore people saying things like that? Those people should be exposed for the disgusting pieces of shit they are.

Now, as for cops - I have a lifetime of mistrust towards them. I'm white, my family is white - but I can't tell you how many times my brothers, uncles and men in my family in general have been beaten by the fucking police and THEN charged with assaulting a police officer. That thin blue line can be terrifying for people who have had run ins with the law before. There is MAJOR mistrust of policemen - and based on damn good reason - for a lot of people. I can tell you that one of my brothers has said "I've been charged with assaulting an officer twice... you better believe that if one of those motherfuckers pulls me over, I'm assaulting one for real this fucking time." My youngest brother was tazed 14 times, choked unconscious and mocked for being from Texas (as they tazed him, they made comments about Texas barbecue) in Florida.

Those of you on Facebook, check out Cop Block... there are literally THOUSANDS of incidents of cops abusing the power of those badges.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

My heart is broken in a thousand pieces for his momma. It always breaks my heart when a woman, especially a woman of color, raises a fine young man with loads of potential and the ability to escape his surroundings, only to see him taken out of this world, like he's a fucking statistic.

And this shit with the cops is still happening in this day and age. I know all cops aren't bad, I know all white cops aren't bad. But this shit is still happening. You should not have to raise black boys into thinking that they aren't allowed the same social autonomy as their white counterparts, not with a man of African descent in the White House. Maybe this kid was no saint, but he certainly did not deserve this. I'm angry at the cop who killed him, but he has a right to tell his story.
    Mel1973, *DIVA!, sprynkles and 7 others like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Look, stealing from a store does not warrant being shot to death in the streets. I don't care who you are or what color you are. That's just insane. Also, from what I've heard over the last week, assaulting a cop doesn't actually warrant being shot to death in the streets. I think the story that we all grow weary of is the "oh, he was trying to get my gun". I'm sure it happens, but just how often? I do want the facts of this story to come out. Why was Mike Brown stopped or confronted by the police? By their own admission, the officer involved didn't know about his possible involvement in the incident at the convenience store.

I have always thought that police need to be held to a higher standard of law, especially because of the power that they have and the ease in which they can commit crimes and hide behind their badge.

You have the right not to be killed, Murder is a crime!, Unless it was done by a Policeman............
    Seth82 likes this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Thank you for saying that. In my area Fox 26 is a local channel that I watch football on (and the Simpsons and shit like that). I don't think some people realized that it's a different channel and NOT Fox News. I wouldn't watch that shit under any circumstance.
    I used to work for the Fox affiliate here, and when I would tell old people I worked for Fox, they'd say, "Oh I watch your news all the time." At first, I thought they were talking about our local news broadcast. yeah...notsomuch.

I just don't really understand how there isn't a camera in the cop car. I thought all cars had cameras in them.

I am having a hard time knowing what to believe. I have family members and friends that are cops, and I know their greatest fear is the day they have to use their gun. Now I understand that not everyone is like this, but that's one thing I wrestle with.

In my town, right after the Ferguson shooting, there was a shooting of a 61 year old black man, wielding a knife. 2 officers on the scene. Together, they shot him 8 times. They arrived because there was a mom and her kids barricaded in a home, and this man was outside their door, threatening to kill them with the knife. The officers said the man didn't drop the knife, follow their instructions, and came at them with the knife. Social media blew up with, "This was a frail, elderly, mentally ill man, that shouldn't have been shot and could have been subdued some other way." "This is just like what's happening in Ferguson." etc... I wasn't there, so who knows what really went down.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

As far as the cameras .. it doesn't fucking matter. Those fucking cops who want to skirt that will drag their "suspect" behind the fucking car and beat the shit out of them. Trust me, I know - that also has happened to one of my brothers. If a cop don't want to be filmed, they aren't. Only the cops who aren't dirty motherfuckers handle their business in front of the cameras. In addition to that, I saw something on FB recently (I have not verified it) about Apple helping the cops by disabling cameras/smart phones when they are in the vicinity of police activity because of all the shit that cops have recently been caught doing.

ok, I googled:
    U.S. Patent No. 8,254,902, otherwise known as "Apparatus and methods for enforcement of policies upon a wireless device," was granted in late-August, and would allow phone policies to be set to "chang[e] one or more functional or operational aspects of a wireless device [...] upon the occurrence of a certain event."
    What that means in real-terms is "preventing wireless devices from communicating with other wireless devices (such as in academic settings)," and for, "forcing certain electronic devices to enter "sleep mode" when entering a sensitive area."
    But the patented technology may also be used to restrict protesters' right to free expression in oppressive regimes around the world -- if you haven't checked recently, there's plenty of them -- by preventing camera images and video being taken at political rallies and events.
    Apple makes a good point for the voice of good:
    As wireless devices such as cellular telephones, pagers, personal media devices and smartphones become ubiquitous, more and more people are carrying these devices in various social and professional settings. The result is that these wireless devices can often annoy, frustrate, and even threaten people in sensitive venues. For example, cell phones with loud ringers frequently disrupt meetings, the presentation of movies, religious ceremonies, weddings, funerals, academic lectures, and test-taking environments.
    But it notes later on:
    Covert police or government operations may require complete "blackout" conditions.
    What the fuck is going on out there?
    chartreuse and greysfang like this.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

this is what i mean about deliberate oblviousness. how can this many people think this isn't about race? are you fucking kidding me? regardless of whether or not mike brown attacked that cop and robbed that convenience store, this case didn't happen in a vacuum. it's part of a bigger problem of black men (and women) being systematically singled out and mistreated by the police. there is a bigger picture here! how can people actually say, with a straight face, that people are 'pulling the race card' and that this isn't about race?

Some White People Still Think Mike Brown's Death Isn't About Race

Hillary Crosley

Ferguson has shown America more than we want to see about ourselves, and that includes how many of us view race — or rather, don’t. New numbers show that some Americans think race is getting more attention than it deserves in the discussion surrounding Mike Brown’s death.
    In a new survey conducted this month, the Pew Research Center found that of 1,000 adults 44 percent felt "this case raises important issues around race" while 40 percent felt "race is getting more attention that it deserves." Only 15 percent didn’t know. Of the blacks polled 80 percent felt Brown’s shooting raises issues around race while 18 percent did not and two didn’t know. Of the whites polled, 37 percent felt the teen’s death raised issues about race while 47 percent did not and 16 percent didn’t know.
    This is America. Are you surprised?

65 percent of blacks polled felt the police response in Ferguson was too heavy-handed while only 33 percent of whites felt the same. 32 percent of whites felt that the police response, including tanks, tear gas and assault rifles aimed at weaponless protestors, is the right response and 35 percent just didn’t know.
    Did they catch when Chris Hayes threatened with mace on live television while reporting? Did they know that Scott Olson, the amazing Getty photographer, was arrested for capturing amazing photos like this:

Despite the way Brown died, how police have antagonized and abused protestors and media while distributing clear misinformation, whites polled were almost three times more likely to assume the investigation in the Ferguson shooting will bring justice.

About half of whites (52%) say they have a great deal or fair amount of confidence in the investigations, compared with just 18% of blacks. Roughly three-quarters of blacks (76%) have little or no confidence in the investigations, with 45% saying they have no confidence at all.
    Those without confidence include State Senator Jamilah Nasheed who publicly demandedthat St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert McCulloch recuse himself from Brown’s case. Nasheed says that McCulloch’s bias, drawn on his big family of cops and a father that was fatally shot in the line of duty, will not allow him to be impartial. McCulloch then challenged Governor Jay Nixon to take him off the case if he's so terrible, and Nixon did not.

As for last night's demonstrations in Ferguson, they were quieter thanks to a visit from Attorney General Eric Holder, who spoke to local law enforcement, including Capt. Ron Johnson. Officer Darren Wilson who shot and killed Brown is still in hiding. I would say we're on the road to healing but the way we as a country have taken two steps forward and then 1,000 steps back in Ferguson, I'll think I'll just end this post right here.
    Images via Getty, Time and Bloomberg Businessweek.

http://jezebel.com/some-white-people-still-think-mike-browns-death-isnt-ab-1624984621
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I believe that anyone who doesn't believe that this kid would be alive if he were white is just deliberately obtuse. NO circumstances that are alledged to have taken place earned this kid a death sentence. I think it's as simple as that.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(•_•)П

Elite Member

Wow I can't believe people think swat teams, snipers, random arrests, tear gassing people in their yard, shooting pellets into a crowd with toddlers is something they'd be okay with in their neighborhood.
    louiswinthorpe111 likes this.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information