Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
Like Tree733Likes

Thread: Connecticut school shooting: Reports say more than dozen dead

Today is NOT the day for the gun control bullshit from either side. I have no doubt that his emotions are real today. I saw total strangers in the grocery start to cry as the TV at the front of the store was updating the story. There was no HYPE in their reactions.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I truly hope there is a special place in hell for monsters like this. Just shoot yourself and be done with it.. Stop destroying the lives of innocent people just to make your "statement". Those poor babies and their families.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

i've been glued to the tv. I found myself crying when they talked about the children. When they showed pics of them being led out i cried. Damn this bastard.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    I will admit, I'm pretty immune to these shootings now. I shake my head in disbelief. But not this one. I can barely contain myself. I can't focus on anything else.
    Couldn't agree more....this is just different. I could barely contain myself today either. I haven't cried like this in YEARS. Who does this? And fucking WHY? My God... Those poor babies..they were probably so excited for the upcoming holidays and school break....and the fuck??? So innocent, completely defenseless. And adults there to educate our children, who probably tried to stop this monster and became a victim...fucking why???

My Lord the horror. To all the families. I just can't imagine...

I almost became one of 'those' parents today: almost didn't send my Kindergartener to school today (she goes 1/2 day in afternoon).......I did, but damn that was hard.

I have a kindergartner, I can't even begin to imagine the horror of all this, it's too sad. I just know the basics and have no plans to watch tv or read into the details too much. No way am I looking at the pictures of little babies crying and scared out of their minds, it just seems wrong to take pictures like that.

I will say that people on my FB are getting over the top saying they went to get their kids early from school (they live in CA) because they were afraid, they want to start homeschooling and others start ranting about gun laws. This shooter was obviously mentally ill as they all mostly are and it's an isolated incident. My children are more likely to die from being hit by a car or cancer before they would be killed at a school shooting, yet I don't worry about that. I guess for me I don't let the fear of an extremely rare possibility control my life or make me overbearing... Not that I made any comment at all on my FB today though....
    laynes likes this.

What is wrong with us? Our Lawmakers can't get together for a serious discussion on gun control. I am so tired of the bullshit answer of how guns don't kill, people do. I would much rather take my chances against someone with a knife than an assault rifle. When are we going to stop letting the NRA have so much power?
    MmeVertigina and MontanaMama like this.

As a mother I do have one objection to what is being said on and on by most people who are commenting on this tragedy, including by the President. Stuff like "As a parent.... everybody who has children" as if only parents can understand and empathize with the tremendous loss that's the outcome of this act of violence. For me, every human being who has a heart and a soul will understand and empathize, because if you can't and don't, you don't have a heart or soul. For goodness sake; parents are not extra or especially able to empathize. Do they have something in common with those who are left behind in this drama? Yes, okay, they have children, too. But the more common connection is being human and having feelings. Ugh. (Off my soapbox).
    effie2, DeadDwarf, Lalique and 3 others like this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

A*O

Now isnt the time for yet another futile gun control debate, but I hope (but doubt) this unspeakable tragedy will be a pivotal moment in forcing America to take a long, hard look at their beloved 2nd amendment to at least try to reduce the likelihood of it happening again. How do you ever get over something like this? Simple. You don't. But I hope the world's prayers will give those bereaved families a tiny shred of comfort in their grief and no doubt their anger too.

Oh and lay off the FUCKING Facebook. The media led lynch mob has already targeted the wrong guy. He's probably doomed too.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Oh, it's never the time.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

^ no shit, I hate how the media and "web detectives" start posting info about shooters before they know anything as a fact. Don't post people's profiles when they have not been confirmed by police as those involved. Jfc. Whoever posted that guy's profile needs to delete it, I know it was innocent, but he's probably receiving a lot of threats and judgment and he just happens to have a name that MAY be the shooter's name. Call me an asshole, but I think it's wrong to post that kind of info when it's all unconfirmed and as serious as this!

The internet mobs started posting that guy's facebook minutes after the name was released. People seriously need to stop with that crap.
    Fly_On_TheWall likes this.
    Gross, put it away. You could dress beautifully but you gotta be Miss Granny Panty Whore.
    ~Manx Mouse

Life is a hell of a thing to happen to a person.

This is just so,so sad. Kindergartners are some of the most adorable people on earth. These parents will be shattered and there is not much we can do to offer comfort. How they will live through this night, I do not know. God help them.
    Flygirl and sprynkles like this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Oh, it's never the time.
    Like a man said on CNN,when the time comes to talk about Gun control, this will be a memory for them.It's got to be done while this is fresh in our minds or this will happen again and it may be worse.
    I don't mean to ruffle feathers but maybe, just maybe, this day could have avoided by acting 5, 10 or even 2 yrs ago.
    HWBL likes this.

This so just too tragic for words. Those poor kids, so young...way too young to have to be expose to such horrific violence.

I'm really confused because right now CNN is reporting that the suspects mom was found dead at home. If that's the case, why was he at the school? I just can't understand why anyone feels that they need to go out and kill a bunch of people and then themselves. It's cowardly and cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    I will say that people on my FB are getting over the top saying they went to get their kids early from school (they live in CA) because they were afraid, they want to start homeschooling and others start ranting about gun laws. This shooter was obviously mentally ill as they all mostly are and it's an isolated incident. My children are more likely to die from being hit by a car or cancer before they would be killed at a school shooting, yet I don't worry about that. I guess for me I don't let the fear of an extremely rare possibility control my life or make me overbearing... Not that I made any comment at all on my FB today though....
    I agree, it's a random act of violence, no way could anyone have predicted this when they dropped their kids off at school this morning. When these things happen, it always stops people in their tracks, it's an unspeakable tragedy no doubt, but unless you are personally impacted, in the end it's just another news story and once the intense news coverage stops, people stop thinking about it and move on with their lives until it happens again. What else can we do?

I don't mean to minimize this at all, of course it is especially heinous because young innocent children were targeted, but we have all seen so many of these stories on the news, Columbine, Virginia Tech, movie theatre shooting, mall shootings, church shootings, Gabby Gifford shooting...it just goes on and on.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Page 7 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information