Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142
Like Tree733Likes

Thread: Connecticut school shooting: Reports say more than dozen dead

Oh yeah, I'm not saying that Lanza wasn't a big walking red flag. I'm just saying the media are jumping on one of many factors that Lanza displayed as a warning sign and turning it into something that on its own, for most people, doesn't mean anything. Sure, considering what he did it seems really macabre, but as you said, it only becomes something disturbing when the person has an obsession with guns and is severely disturbed, or a bunch of other things that teamed with an interest in death/crime became a worry.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Dickís Sporting Goods caves in to pressure and sells Newtown massacre rifles at spinoff store

You have to love the chutzpah. Last December, Dickís Sporting Goods, the countryís largest retailer of outdoor and sporting equipment, suspended sales of modern sporting rifles ďout of respectĒ for the victims of the Newtown, Connecticut, school massacre. Was this necessary? Maybe not.

Nothing could bring back the 20 children and six educators whom authorities say Adam Lanza shot and killed with a Bushmaster AR-15. But it was a nice gesture. One intended to show that even though Dickís is a company like any other, people are still more important than profits.

Or are they? After a dip in gun sales and a bevy of customer complaints, Dickís has apparently found a loophole to its promise. The company is keeping modern sporting rifles out of its namesake stores, but fully stocking them at itís new hunting and fishing spinoff, Field & Stream. We called Dickís on Aug. 8, and they declined to answer our questions about whether the spinoff would be selling AR-15 style rifles. So, we used our deep-web harvesting tools and learned that the first ever Field & Stream was opening on Friday in Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania, and decided to check out the big guns.

We werenít the only ones looking for an AR-15. The line to purchase these firearms was so long that customers were required to take numbers. And the selection was excellent! So excellent, in fact, that we decided to take pictures (see below). The guns for sale included the Remington AR-15s, S&W AR-15s as well as Stag and DPMS AR-15s. Oh, and donít forget the the Bushmaster used by Lanza.

A clerk confirmed that Dickís namesake locations still donít sell these guns, but that they do stock their ammo.

Selling these guns isnít against the law. But the law isnít the point. Itís pretty lame to act pious and concerned and say you arenít going to do something, and then turn around and do it under the auspices of a ďseparateĒ company.

In other words, the folks at Dickís are acting like, well, you know.

Dick
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I hope there are swarms of hungry, Lyme-infected ticks all over that parking lot.
    Kittylady and Witchywoman like this.

Another sad day. These men are so filled with fear they need to hide behind a gun and that goes for the big strong macho deer hunters. Bunch of ignorant assholes can rot in the gutter.
    Sarzy likes this.

The company stopped selling out of respect and probably an assumption that the public would agree with that decision. Instead, the public said, hey, where the f is my assault rifle, bastards? I don't blame the company for responding to public demand.

Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142

Thread Information