Page 39 of 42 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142 LastLast
Like Tree733Likes

Thread: Connecticut school shooting: Reports say more than dozen dead

Thanks for that link twitchy, I've speedily forwarded it to my housemate and anxiously await her paranoia to disappear
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

i googled some of these conspiracy theories and some of these people are truly. fucking. crazy.
    there was one site that compared pictures of emilie's father and tony hawk and said tony hawk was actually just a paid actor playing her father, that one of the parents interviewed was actually matthew broderick or the police officer interviewed was actually john goodman, i kid you not.
    it's disgusting.
    McJag and MmeVertigina like this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

I have no problem with the average citizen asking tough questions after a tragedy occurs, no matter how wacky they may be. That's his right, I guess. When he shows video and questions the way parents grieve, then he can just go fuck himself. He has no right to do that, and that's completely disrespectful to the victims and their families. I would have to be on so much Xanax if that happened to me, that I might not fit the mold of a "normal griever" either.

I think the real Zombie Apocalypse is already here. But it's not dead people running around eating people's brains. It's dopey conspiracy theories running around eating people's brains.
    KrisNine likes this.

Father of 6-Year-Old Newtown Victim Shouted Down by Pro-Gun Activists

From their "What Would Django Do?" campaign to their ill-fated (and shooting-filled) Gun Appreciation Day to idiotic NRA commercials, pro-gun activists have been on an impressive roll. But it's been a few days since their last PR disaster – surely they've done something stupid recently, right? Correct.

During a legislative hearing Monday in at the Connecticut State Capitol in Hartford, protesters heckled the father of a six-year-old killed at Sandy Hook elementary.

When Neil Heslin, who was holding a picture of his deceased son, Jesse Lewis, during his testimony, asked the state senate why Bushmaster-type assault rifles should be legal, several gun enthusiasts in the audience reportedly shouted him down, yelling "The Second Amendment!"

So just to repeat: the father of a six-year-old boy who died six weeks ago asked a question about the weapon that killed his son, and the the gun activists attending the testimony decided to heckle him.

Heslin, to his credit, was unfazed by the protesters. "There are a lot of things that should be changed to prevent what happened," he said.

"That wasn't just a killing, it was a massacre," said Heslin, who recalled dropping off his son at Sandy Hook Elementary School shortly before Adam Lanza killed 20 children and six adults. "I just hope some good can come out of this."

Father of 6-Year-Old Newtown Victim Heckled by Pro-Gun Activists
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Fuck those assholes. People suck.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

I can only conclude from that article that gun activist are assholes. Which further supports my reasoning that they shouldn't have assault weapons.
    HWBL likes this.

Heslin, to his credit, was unfazed by the protesters. "There are a lot of things that should be changed to prevent what happened," he said.
    "That wasn't just a killing, it was a massacre," said Heslin, who recalled dropping off his son at Sandy Hook Elementary School shortly before Adam Lanza killed 20 children and six adults. "I just hope some good can come out of this."
    Father of 6-Year-Old Newtown Victim Heckled by Pro-Gun Activists

The hecklers were identified after the meeting, wrapped in duct tape and then put on a space module directed toward the Sun.
    Just wanted to add my fantasy ending to the news article.

Just wow.

Read my signature.
    JazzyGirl likes this.
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

I heard this on the radio this morning. He wasn't being heckled. He asked a question and the gun activists shouted their answers. It was edited to make it look like he was being interrupted. IMO, that's not heckling. I'm trying to find an actual audio or video that hasn't been edited. Shocking that the media would make it look like that though. Not.

And before anyone calls me an asshole.. I'm not pro gun. I am pro- fact. The media in this country is an effing embarrassment.

Edit: Found it. It's around minute 1:43 when you click on link for video
    VIDEO: Newtown Parent, Gun Owners Disagree On Weapons Ban | WAMU 88.5 - American University Radio
    VIDEO: Newtown Parent, Gun Owners Disagree On Weapons Ban

By: Mark Memmott // January 29, 2013

Some websites are saying that Neil Heslin was "heckled by pro-gun activists" Monday during a public hearing in Hartford, Conn., when he made the case that assault-style weapons and high-capacity ammunition magazines need to be banned.And because Heslin is the father of a 6-year-old who was killed in the Dec. 14 mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newton, Conn., the word "heckled" is getting much attention.Watch this report from New England Cable News and decide for yourself about what happened. The setting was a meeting of the state task force that is studying the Sandy Hook shootings and the state's laws. Gun owners were among those in the audience. NECN reports that Heslin "asked the assembled gun owners why such weapons should not be banned."You can see and hear Heslin say that "not one person can answer that question" and then turn toward those behind him. Some in the audience respond with comments about the Second Amendment and its line that "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Quote Originally Posted by laynes View Post
    I heard this on the radio this morning. He wasn't being heckled. He asked a question and the gun activists shouted their answers. It was edited to make it look like he was being interrupted. IMO, that's not heckling. I'm trying to find an actual audio or video that hasn't been edited. Shocking that the media would make it look like that though. Not.

And before anyone calls me an asshole.. I'm not pro gun. I am pro- fact. The media in this country is an effing embarrassment.

Edit: Found it. It's around minute 1:43 when you click on link for video
    VIDEO: Newtown Parent, Gun Owners Disagree On Weapons Ban | WAMU 88.5 - American University Radio
    Sometimes you should just let a guy -- whose 6-year-old never even realized that there were people in the world who would do him harm before he was gunned down -- say his piece and keep their pieholes shut for once. But that is not the way of a culture of people who believe their precious Bushmasters are as real and vulnerable and worthy of constitutional protection as an actual human being.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Sometimes you should just let a guy -- whose 6-year-old never even realized that there were people in the world who would do him harm before he was gunned down -- say his piece and keep their pieholes shut for once.
    Absolutely. Show some class, and a little bit of empathy.
    MmeVertigina and Butterfly like this.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Sometimes you should just let a guy -- whose 6-year-old never even realized that there were people in the world who would do him harm before he was gunned down -- say his piece and keep their pieholes shut for once. But that is not the way of a culture of people who believe their precious Bushmasters are as real and vulnerable and worthy of constitutional protection as an actual human being.
    Fine.. fair enough. I respect your opinion. However, the "news" outlets shouldn't edit things to fit their very clear agenda. That's not reporting. This was not heckling. I personally don't like guns and I think the NRA and their lobbying is shady..but this propaganda shit is getting old.
    You and I don't have to agree with what the gun supporters say, but they do have a right to say it.

They have a right to say it in an appropriate manner, not to speak out of turn at a legislative hearing.

Debating if it was 'heckling' is just splitting hairs. Even if it isn't, it was in poor taste. Whether 'heckled' or 'interrupted', I would think this man should be allowed to say his piece, whether they agreed with him or not. It's common decency that should be afforded a father who has recently lost his child.

Most of us are more concerned with the actual issue than the semantics. And let's not pretend that the gun propaganda, that's 'getting old' is on the anti-gun side. Pro gun propaganda is much more prevalent in the US, it's a way of life, a culture.
    MsDark and MohandasKGanja like this.

So basically their staunch reasoning as to why they need to own assault weapons is... "because I can"? Fucking hell, how can they look those parents in the face and spew such shit??

Thread Information