Page 35 of 42 FirstFirst ... 25313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree733Likes

Thread: Connecticut school shooting: Reports say more than dozen dead

Dumb fucking, back woods, gun toting, brain cell missing douche wads.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Seems likes those guns must be expensive. They have wasted enough money to feed a family for months I am sure. Really awful, considering how many children go hungry. I hope they are really proud. Creeps everyone.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    If you posed like that in front of a Christmas tree right after what happened in Newtown, you are an a-hole, and there is no hope for you.
    Oh, gosh, just catching up this thread. I lost a close friend because of this type of situation, she did it to push her agenda and it was offensive. I had to drop her as a friend because she was coming across as confrontational (toward me) and unstable. I wish people would exercise some tact when dealing with social networks. Oh and the guns were real guns given to her young children, the timing was poor and the reasons for posting the pictures was soley to push her agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    I watched Bowling For Columbine last night. What a thing to watch on Christmas eve eh?
    I can't beleive I had never seen it. Excellent Michael Moore documentary and so totally eye opening about the United States and the gun/murder problem in is country. It actually scared me, the fucking NRA, gun toting dumb asses out there.
    I watched it on Christmas Eve too, so you're definitely not alone!
    And I stand corrected on the armed guard at Columbine (though he wasn't in the school), fat load of good that did anyone though.
    MmeVertigina likes this.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    I'm so glad we're not in the US anymore. We are seriously considering to make it permanent, for our family. It's like the nuts are running the nuthouse over there!
    My husband is getting the full court press, after the holidays, to apply for overseas jobs again. The money here just isn't worth it anymore, this society is so deeply screwed up.

My experience is limited to being the sister/daughter/grand-daughter of gun nuts, but most of those folks in those photos are practicing horrible gun safety. Isn't it the first rule of responsible gun ownership to assume every gun is loaded and handle them accordingly? Anyway, that's what I was taught.

Yep, this idiots are who the NRA is protecting from big, bad, government.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Conn. attorney asks to sue state after shooting - Yahoo! News

Conn. attorney asks to sue state after shooting

Associated Press – 13 hrs ago

NEW HAVEN, Conn. (AP) — A New Haven attorney is asking permission to sue the state for $100 million on behalf of a student who survived the mass shooting at a Newtown school.
    The Hartford Courant reports (Attorney Seeks Permission To Sue State In Sandy Hook Shootings - Courant.com) that attorney Irving Pinsky filed notice Thursday with Claims Commissioner J. Paul Vance Jr. The state has immunity against most lawsuits unless permission to sue is granted.
    Pinsky said the 6-year-old student, identified as "Jill Doe," was in her classroom at Sandy Hook Elementary School on Dec. 14 when "the horrific confrontation" with Adam Lanza came over the loudspeaker.
    Lanza killed 20 first grade students and six adult staffers at the school before killing himself.

Pinsky said the student has been traumatized by the killings, and accused the state of failing to protect students from "foreseeable harm."
    It was just a matter of time I guess.

I really do not see how it is the school's fault. There wasn't anything they could have done to stop this guy. There was no law saying that an armed guard should be in place, and even if there was, this Lanza guy could have killed the guard as well. Notice how it is the family of a surviving student that is suing the family. Someone just wants some $$$$.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

I can't tell you how angry that makes me ^^. The school actually did have precautions - they installed a system where the doors locked at 9:30 every day. Lanza broke the glass to get in - he didn't just walk in off the street. I know people are upset and looking for someone to blame but the person who did this is dead. And so is his mother. The State of Connecticut would be the one to pay this lawsuit - they'd be crazy to let it proceed. If they let this one through imagine all the others. The "State" means the taxpayers so guess who'd end up paying the bill. Sure the kid will need therapy as will hundreds of others who were affected - insurance or the State can pay for that. But $100 million is just insane. More humans behaving badly.
    The more people I encounter, the more I like my animals.

I hope that is just a number the lawyer threw out there. This ain't gonna happen. I think if my child survived I would bless every single day and not require money.

There is no way any school could have prevented this. Bulletproof glass would be hard to fit in any budget. This must make the parents of the dead children just sick to hear.
    stef likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

"This must make the parents of the dead children just sick to hear."

I keep thinking they must want to line up and bitchslap the family of the survivor.....and their lawyer.
    McJag and shedevilang like this.

Quote Originally Posted by whitetigeress View Post
    "This must make the parents of the dead children just sick to hear."

I keep thinking they must want to line up and bitchslap the family of the survivor.....and their lawyer.
    You know they would give up everything they own just to have that opportunity.

Their kid survived this massacre and it's still not enough for these assholes. They need to sit the fuck down somewhere.

Source: Daily Mail

Frenzied buyers swarm to U.S. gun stores fearing a sudden weapons ban after Sandy Hook elementary school massacre

• The prospect of a possible weapons ban has sent gun enthusiasts into a panic and sparked a frenzy of buying at stores and gun dealers nationwide
    • Assault rifles are sold out across the country
    • Rounds of .223 bullets, like those used in the AR-15 type Bushmaster rifle used in Newtown, are scarce
    • Stores are struggling to restock their shelves

The phones at Red's Trading Post wouldn't stop ringing.

Would-be customers from as far away as New York wanted to know if the Twin Falls, Idaho gun shop had firearms in stock.

Others clamored to find out if their orders had been shipped.

Overwhelmed, gun store manager Ryan Horsley had to do what no employee would ever think of doing just days before Christmas: He disconnected the phone lines for three whole days.

‘We had to shut everything off,’ says Horsley, whose family has owned Red's Trading Post, the state's oldest gun shop, since 1936. ‘We were swamped in the store and online.’

Eager to buy: Gun collector and target shooter Roy Shanks paid $2,400 for a Smith and Wesson-made variation of the AR-15 rifle that would have cost about $1,300 a month ago in case Washington passes a weapons ban

The phones at gun shops across the country are ringing off the hook. Demand for firearms, ammunition and bulletproof gear has surged since the December 14 massacre in Newtown, Connecticut, that took the lives of 20 schoolchildren and six teachers and administrators.

The shooting sparked calls for tighter gun control measures, especially for military-style assault weapons like the ones used in Newtown and in the Aurora, Colorado, movie theater shooting earlier this year.

The prospect of a possible weapons ban has sent gun enthusiasts into a panic and sparked a frenzy of buying at stores and gun dealers nationwide.

Assault rifles are sold out across the country. Rounds of .223 bullets, like those used in the AR-15 type Bushmaster rifle used in Newtown, are scarce. Stores are struggling to restock their shelves.

Gun and ammunition makers are telling retailers they will have to wait months to get more.
    Store owners who have been in the business for years say they have never seen demand like this before.

When asked how much sales have increased in the past few weeks, Horsley just laughed.

Gun frenzy: People crowd the RK Gun Show in the Smokies in Knoxville, Tennessee on Friday, December 28, 2012

‘We haven't even had a chance to look at it,’ he says. Horsley spends his days calling manufacturers around the country trying to buy more items for the store. Mainly, they tell him he has to wait.

Franklin Armory, a firearm maker in Morgan Hill, California, is telling dealers that it will take six months to fulfill their orders.

The company plans to hire more workers and buy more machines to catch up, says Franklin Armory's President Jay Jacobson.

The shortage is leaving many would-be gun owners empty handed.

William Kotis went to a gun show in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, last weekend hoping to buy a rifle for target shooting. Almost everything was sold out.

‘Assault rifles were selling like crazy,’ says Kotis, who is president and CEO of Kotis Holdings, a real estate development company based in Greensboro. ‘People are stockpiling.’

He left without buying anything.

Luke Orlando's parents were able to get him the 12-gauge shotgun he wanted for Christmas to bird hunt, but his uncle wasn't as lucky.

‘At Christmas dinner, my uncle expressed outrage that after waiting six months to use his Christmas bonus to purchase an AR-15, they are sold out and back ordered over a year,’ says Orlando, 18, a student at the University of Texas.

No organization publicly releases gun sales data. The only way to measure demand is by the number of background checks that are conducted when someone wants to buy a firearm.

Those numbers are released by the Federal Reserve Bureau every month. Data for December is not out yet. But the Federal Bureau of Investigation says that it did 16.8 million firearm background checks as of the end of November, up more than 2 per cent from a year ago.

Eager shoppers: People line up to enter the RK Gun Show, many eager to buy in case a weapons ban goes into effect

The Colorado Bureau of Investigation, which handles background checks for the state, can't keep up with the number of requests it is getting. The bureau has pulled staff from other units and increased its hours, says spokesperson Susan Medina.

Many firearm dealers and manufacturers say that Obama's comments since the Newtown school shooting are driving demand.

James Zimmerman of SelwayArmory.com, a website that sells guns, ammunition and knives, says that sales really took off on December 19 after President Barack Obama held a White House press conference announcing that Vice President Joe Biden would lead a team tasked with coming up with ‘concrete proposals’ to curb gun violence.

That day, one customer ordered 32,000 rounds of ammunition from SelwayArmory.com, worth close to $18,000. The order had to be shipped from the company's Lolo, Montana, office to Kentucky on a freight truck.

‘I've done more sales in the week after the 19th than I have the whole year,’ says Zimmerman, who launched SelwayArmory.com in 2009.

At Lady Liberty Gunsmithing LLC in Atlantic City, New Jersey, a customer called last week asking if a pistol he wanted was available.

When he was told there was only one left, he drove more than two hours from Newark, New Jersey, to buy it that same day.

‘People want guns now even more than ever,’ says Guy Petinga II, whose father opened the store above his home in 1996.

Others saw demand immediately after the shooting.

Bullet Blocker, which makes bulletproof vests, briefcases and insert panels, saw sales of its children's backpacks suddenly jump.

‘That's how I found out about the tragedy. I saw the sales rise and then turned on CNN,’ says Elmar Uy, vice president of business operations at the Billerica, Massachusetts, company.

Bullet Blocker has sold about 50 to 100 bulletproof backpacks a day since the shooting, up from about 10 to 15 in a regular week.

The children's backpacks, which are designed to be used as shields, cost over $200 each.

‘I've never seen numbers like this before,’ says Uy.

Guns for sale: A dealer displays firearms for sale at a gun show in Kansas City, Missouri on December 22, 2012

Hot item: A man carrying a rifle for sale looks at military fatigues at the gun show in Kansas City

Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Yeah, we all saw that coming. Not a surprise.
    shedevilang likes this.

If you want to stop the lines and frenzied buying: Make the ban retroactive. No grandfathering for people with existing assault rifles. And have it be a felony to have one and not turn it in by a particular date.

Thread Information