Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree733Likes

Thread: Connecticut school shooting: Reports say more than dozen dead

Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    We had some asshole prank calling saying that they were going to shoot up a specific school in the parish and that others were targeted as well. Fucking idiots
    I hope they get caught and kicked 3 parishes over.
    shedevilang likes this.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

at the high school my daughter went to, they had a shooting in 2001. Asshole killed 2 and wounded 13. Ever since then, they've had a sheriff there daily.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Just read that apparently on the day, the Columbine guard had called in sick.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I watched Bowling For Columbine last night. What a thing to watch on Christmas eve eh?
    I can't beleive I had never seen it. Excellent Michael Moore documentary and so totally eye opening about the United States and the gun/murder problem in is country. It actually scared me, the fucking NRA, gun toting dumb asses out there.
    HWBL and Kat Scorp like this.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Quote Originally Posted by angelais View Post
    I watched Bowling For Columbine last night. What a thing to watch on Christmas eve eh?
    I can't beleive I had never seen it. Excellent Michael Moore documentary and so totally eye opening about the United States and the gun/murder problem in is country. It actually scared me, the fucking NRA, gun toting dumb asses out there.
    Best part (well, one of the best) was the bank that gave out shotguns to every person that opened an account.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

I caught the end of an ESPN documentary where a promising young athlete had been killed (his brother too - a few years later). Their mother who is an international advocate for at-risk youth was quoted as saying she blamed Congress for the drug problem and easy access to handguns in our society - and this was back in the 80's. How awful that it's actually gotten worse.

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    Just read that apparently on the day, the Columbine guard had called in sick.
    The Columbine guard was there that day, and he even exchanged gunfire with Harris, but didn't hit him.
    Dear Buddha, please bring me a pony and a plastic rocket...

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Best part (well, one of the best) was the bank that gave out shotguns to every person that opened an account.
    That was just fucked up. I'm watching it right now for the first time and I think Chris Rock is onto something with the $5000 bullets.

I read a few days ago that after Columbine people wanted better gun control laws and look where we are now. Nothing has changed, just like I fear nothing will change now. Just sitting around and wait for the next big shooting.

Yet, there are still idiots who think guns are the perfect Christmas gift: source Daily Mail

Celebrating Christmas with a bang: Americans pose happily by the tree with guns they were given as gifts despite wake of deadly shootings

• Numerous Americans take to social networking sites to display the guns they received as Christmas presents

• The AR-15 was used in Newtown, Connecticut, and Aurora Colorado, shootings as well as the deadly Christmas Eve ambush on Webster, New York, firefighters

Santa Claus came to town - and he was packing heat - as numerous Americans were seen on social networks posing in front of their Christmas trees with the same assault rifle used by the gunmen in three recent bloody killings.

Grinning from ear-to-ear, those who received AR-15 assault rifles took to sites like Twitter and Instagram, posting photos of themselves with their brand new toys.

One Twitter user posted: 'I got just what I wanted. An Armalite semi-automatic AR-15 rifle. It's like the Christmas Story, but I'll shoot more than my eye out.'

Packing heat: Numerous Americans were seen on social networks posing in front of their Christmas trees with the same assault rifle used by the gunmen in three recent bloody killings

Just what I wanted: Grinning from ear-to-ear, those who received AR-15 assault rifles took to sites like Twitter and Instagram, posting photos of themselves with their new toys

The post was in reference to the cult classic holiday film, which follows the life of a young boy who wants nothing but a BB gun for Christmas.

'Furs & guns, yes, it was a redneck Christmas,' said one jubilant Instagram user.

'Don't break into this house.' said another.

The social networking trend, was first reported by TheVerge.com with pictures following in The Atlantic Wire, amid a heated debate over gun control - especially with assault weapons.

Jubilant: In the wake of several shooting incidents, Twitter and Instagram users posted shots of themselves with weapons they got for Christmas

Striking a pose: 'Furs & guns, yes, it was a redneck Christmas,' said this Instagram user

The AR-15 was the weapon of choice for Sandy Hook massacre gunman Adam Lanza, who killed 27 people - including 20 children and his own mother - in Newtown, Connecticut, on December 14.

The same weapon was used by William Spengler, who killed himself after murdering two firefighters and injuring two more as they responded to a blaze that he started in Webster, New York, on Christmas Eve.

The AR-15 was also used in James Holmes' shooting spree during a midnight premiere of The Dark Knight Rises at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, on July 20.

This week, the world's largest firearms dealer said it has sold 3.5 years of magazines for the AR-15 - in just three days, and were struggling to meet the demand.

Pete Brownell, president of Brownells ammunition supplier, made a public apology to gun owners for the delay in fulfilling orders of assault weapon magazines, explaining that the company had experienced 'unprecedented' demand for AR-15 ammunition magazines.

Weapon of choice: High-powered assault rifles like the one pictured here were seemingly a popular holiday gift

Arms: An assault rifle like the one pictured here was weapon of choice for Sandy Hook massacre gunman Adam Lanza, who killed 27 people - including 20 children and his own mother - in Newtown, Connecticut, on December 14

Brownell wrote that the company has sold about 3.5 years worth of magazines in 72 hours.

The statement, first reported by Huffington Post, was made on the web site AK15.com.

'I wanted to take a minute to shed some insight on the magazine situation if i can. First of all I wanted to offer an apology for the situation,' Brownell wrote in his post.

'However, we've been receiving orders at such a pace that these transactions have gotten slower. We absolutely apologize again, we definitely don't want that ever to be your experience,' he added.

'[Brownell's] working like crazy to get these orders to [customers] as quickly as possible.'

Rise: The demand for assault rifles and ammunition has been unprecedented in the wake of the killings in Newtown, Connecticut

Bad timing: A surge in sales of high-powered weapons and ammunition has been reported since the Sandy Hook massacre

***** celeb

I'm sitting here with my mouth open looking at all those people posing so happily with their assault riffles
    stef and chartreuse like this.

If you posed like that in front of a Christmas tree right after what happened in Newtown, you are an a-hole, and there is no hope for you.

Just disgusting, these people are a fucking disgrace to Americans. I'm so ashamed.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

I'm so glad we're not in the US anymore. We are seriously considering to make it permanent, for our family. It's like the nuts are running the nuthouse over there!

***** celeb

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

No adult that wears Zebra print footed pajamas should ever own a weapon.

Christmas, with all its songs about peace on earth. Naturally, tis also the season to give each other automatic assault weapons (to maintain said peace, no doubt).

***** celeb

Thread Information