Page 33 of 42 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree733Likes

Thread: Connecticut school shooting: Reports say more than dozen dead

We have an armed officer on our grounds everyday, have had for years. I thought this was pretty common actually, I know our entire parish is like this. I love the guy and he's great with the kids but honestly he's one guy and it's a big school(small by most standards) there is way too much ground to cover if someone decided to go nuts. They would have to walkie-talkie him and then he'd have to run over and from wherever he was. Then again it would help bring it to an end quicker and save a few people I guess. Our principal has tried to get more security going but the parent's are idiots and won't do it. He has a sign in place and your supposed to get a tag etc... half don't do it because they volunteer daily and don't see the need. Regardless the office/cop need to know who is on campus and why. He tried to put a fence around the perimeter and the parents had a fit because it meant they had to walk father to get in. It's a small town and people don't think this could happen here but it damn well can. I don't have the answers but I agree with everyone that there is no need for most of the guns on the market, if it takes you 60 rounds to kill a deer than maybe hunting isn't for you.
    Waterslide likes this.
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

This is a positive development: a Rupert-Murchoch owned newspaper reacting (very) negatively to Wayne LaPierre's speech:
    (there have also been rumors that FoxNews is at war with how to cover this - but I haven't been watching)

Kat Scorp likes this.

Well Murdoch has been pretty vocal about US gun violence, but Fox News actors were ordered not to talk about gun control on air, including guests. So, I guess that's fair and balanced?????
    sprynkles likes this.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Well Murdoch has been pretty vocal about US gun violence, but Fox News actors were ordered not to talk about gun control on air, including guests. So, I guess that's fair and balanced?????
    There is no fair like Fox fair! Oh-and the State Fair...
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

My friend is an elementary teacher. She was telling me that at a regional meeting one of the leaders had proposed that one taser gun be appointed to each school. Kept in the principals office. Under lock and key. And would need to be signed out. (insert helpful sarcastic comment here)

I honestly would never entertain the idea of teachers being armed with guns in any school, but I am mulling over the teachers having tasers. I am so against weapons in the classroom that even this lighter idea bothers me. While I type my stomache is actually going into knots. Teachers should not have to even think about this.

I suggest a giant magnet over every door that would snap any weapon straight up.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I suggest a giant magnet over every door that would snap any weapon straight up.

I am with you on this, and a big bucket of water based paint hung over the door ready to be dumped on whoever is touching the electrically charged metal door.

Didn't the Columbine school have an armed guard some kind?

Quote Originally Posted by C_is_for_Cookie View Post
    Didn't the Columbine school have an armed guard some kind?
    Two, I believe. Correct me if I am wrong, please

What's round on the ends and high in the middle?

Quote Originally Posted by MmeVertigina View Post
    Two, I believe. Correct me if I am wrong, please
    I've read that they only had one. But we all know how the media always gets information correct. Sigh..

I think the Guard was actually in a shootout with the Columbine Killers but wasn't able to bring them down. If anything he distracted them for a minute.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. The other day a guy went into a movie theater with a gun and was brought down immediately by an off duty cop. I guess it's 50/50?
    MmeVertigina likes this.

Utah Sixth-Grader Given Gun by Family After Newtown Massacre

By Christine Thomasos , Christian Post Reporter
    December 19, 2012|10:57 am

A Kearns, Utah sixth grade student was reportedly given a gun by a family member to take to school amid fears stemming from the recent Sandy Hook Elementary School shootings in Newtown, Conn.

The 11-year-old West Kearns Elementary School student was taken into police custody on Monday after reportedly pointing the .22-caliber handgun at a classmate during recess. Although police in the area have heard witness accounts about the unnamed student pointing his gun at one of his peers and making threats, Granite School District spokesman Ben Horsley told NBC News that details were still being confirmed since the witnesses are children with different reports.

Still, Horsley told the publication that the boy was charged with one count of possession of a dangerous weapon on school property and three charges of aggravated assault, which would be a third-degree felony if he waived the weapon at other students. While the gun was unloaded, NBC reports state that the boy did carry ammunition with him but that it was unclear whether he had the proper bullets needed to load the gun.

The 11-year-old boy was allegedly given the weapon by an extended family member who feared that he would encounter a shooting similar to the one that took place in Connecticut last week. According to Horsley, the boy's parents are cooperating in the investigation of the incident while the extended family member has since left their home.

However, Horsley said the boy will never be allowed to set foot in a traditional school setting despite the fact that nobody was injured.

"We have a variety of alternative placements for kids who violate school safety policies," Horsley told NBC News. "Obviously that's not the correct approach. We teach these kids on a regular basis that they have a responsibility to keep their school safe."

Still, some parents were not satisfied with the way West Kearns Elementary School handled the incident that could have potentially put their children in danger. John Klaus, a father of a student attending the school, told Fox News that he was unhappy with the fact that nothing was done.

"There was no lockdown. No one was called," Klaus told the network. "Nothing was done. And then we had to hear it from our kids."

Various people took to Twitter to also sound off on the incident that could have potentially turned into another killing at an elementary school.

"Parents, please be more responsible with your guns if you must have them," one person tweeted.
    While another person called the situation, "disturbing," others thought that the news of the sixth grade boy carrying a gun in school was not shocking.

"Not surprising in the USA -- 6th-grader in Utah brings gun to school to avoid Connecticut-style attack," the person tweeted.

Source Utah Sixth-Grader Given Gun by Family After Newtown Massacre

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

^^ An extended family member gave it to the student? Smooth move dumb fucker.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Elite Member

And today in upstate NY, some guy called 911 to say his house was on fire. When the firemen arrived, he shot 4 of them dead.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    And today in upstate NY, some guy called 911 to say his house was on fire. When the firemen arrived, he shot 4 of them dead.
    Which is why firefighters should be packing heat. Shit, the dalmatian, too--why not?
    Grammar: The difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

We had some asshole prank calling saying that they were going to shoot up a specific school in the parish and that others were targeted as well. Fucking idiots
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Thread Information