Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Connecticut man condemned to die for fatal home invasion

If I'm this guy, and I know I'm going to get convicted and there's no chance in hell I'm ever going to be free - why do I want to spend the rest of what could be a long life behind bars? Logic, please? I don't get it.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    If I'm this guy, and I know I'm going to get convicted and there's no chance in hell I'm ever going to be free - why do I want to spend the rest of what could be a long life behind bars? Logic, please? I don't get it.
    A lot of these guys are cowards and they are afraid of an antiseptic death at the hands of the state despite the wanton nature of the crimes that got them there in the first place.

I wonder if Dr. Petit has expressed an opinion yet about going through a full trial with this guy.

I'm from Connecticut, and it's great that Hayes was condemned to death. Now I'm only waiting for the other one to get the same fate. It's horrible what these two men did, it shook the whole state. Scared the shit out of me, I tell you. They didn't have any reason for killing that family, they just saw them, followed them to their house, then killed them. It's hilarious that that Hayes guy is asking for mercy after getting the death penalty, when they were texting each other pictures of the family as they tortured them in different rooms.

Elite Member

ITA Brah. I'm from near the Fairfield county border and I say zap the F-er.

Default Connecticut Home Invasion Killer: 'I've Murdered 17 More'

A death row inmate has written a series of letters bragging that he has killed 17 women, made a snuff film documenting one of his alleged murders and often kept their shoes as morbid trophies.

The letters were written by Steven Hayes, convicted last year of murdering Jennifer Hawke-Petit, 48, and her two daughters, Hayley, 17, and Michaela, 11, during a Connecticut home invasion that turned into a gruesome rape and triple murder. The only person to survive the 2007 attack was Dr. William Petit, who was beaten with a baseball bat and tied to a pole in the basement.

The letters came to light when lawyers for Hayes' accomplice Joshua Komisarjevsky argued that the existence of the letters were grounds for a mistrial. Komisarjevsky was convicted earlier this month of taking part in the Petit murders.

Judge Jon C. Blue, who denied the request for a mistrial, has presided over both Hayes' and Komisarjevsky's trials and expressed some skepticism about the veracity of the claims in Hayes letter. If true, they would make Hayes responsible for 17 unsolved murders in New England between the early 1980's and 2007.

The prosecutor's office did not immediately respond to calls from ABC News about the supposed 17 murders.

The letters, written to a woman named Lynn in Wilson, N.C., were intercepted by the Connecticut Department of Corrections in early October and handed over to prosecutors. A copy of one letter was leaked to the New Haven Register which published excerpts over the weekend.

The gruesome and shocking revelations contained in Hayes' letters included a detailed description of the death row inmate's alleged first kill.

"I was driving home from a bar when I noticed this girl hitchhiking at the entrance to the highway. She was short, hot and the perfect victim," wrote Hayes in one of the excerpts published in the New Haven Register. Hayes claimed to have abducted the woman, taken her to a hotel and sexually assaulted her before asphyxiating the woman. Her identity is unknown.

He described another victim as a "drunk chick" he also picked up hitchhiking. Hayes said he tied her up to his bed for an entire weekend before killing her. "I got most of it on tape, 16 hours, 2 CD's. By far the best snuff film ever created," he boasted.

In the letters, according to the New Haven Register, Hayes also claimed to have raped dozens of women after using a date-rape drug to knock them out.

Hayes claimed his victims were all between the ages of 14 and 25. In the letter, according to the Register, Hayes described the emotional pleasure he received from the "pain and emotional abuse" his victim went through.
    Hayes also claimed to have "trophies" from all of his 17 victims.

"The 17 kill trophies meant the most to me. Each trophy was one of a kind and completely specific to each victim," wrote Hayes. The trophies turned out to be sneakers. During Komisarjevsky's trial, it came to light that a police search of Hayes' home turned up a number of women's sneakers.

In his letters, Hayes criticized Komisarjevsky for his lack of ruthlessness. "I've searched my whole life for someone who could embrace and had the capacity for evil as I possess?I thought I finally found it in Josh. But events show Josh, while (he) had the proper evil intent, lacked in the most serious aspects, commitment and control."

It is possible the letters could be heard in court this week during the death penalty phase of Joshua Komisarjevsky's trial which begins Tuesday. The defense has argued that Komisarjevsky does not deserve the death penalty because it was Hayes who was responsible for the blood bath.

If sentenced to death, Komisarjevsky would join Hayes on Connecticut's death row.

Petit Home Invasion Killer Steven Hayes Confesses to 17 Murders - ABC News
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

What a sick fuck.

Fucking scumbags. I hope they are tortured daily in Prison.

The only thing that popped into my head about those letters was maybe he was making them up because he stated previously that he wanted the death penalty, and wanted to be seen in a horrible way so he could get the death penalty.
    But they actually did find women's sneakers in his house?

I wish the worst things on these 2 fucking losers.

That poor family I hope the father has a lot of support and love around him to get him through day to day.
    ~Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

Quote Originally Posted by gardenwitch View Post
    Fucking scumbags. I hope they are tortured daily in Prison.
    You could hand them over to the guys who Gadaffi spent his last (truly hellacious) minutes with....
    Last edited by MohandasKGanja; October 24th, 2011 at 04:23 PM. Reason: left out a word

fuck the New Haven register for publishing this assholes letters.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I'm not convinced his letter is truthful. You'd think if you had gotten away with that many murders, this last one wouldn't have been so sloppy. The police caught these guys quickly and the evidence was plentiful.

He sound like a sick fuck who is enjoying his "fame" and trying to become a legend or something.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I'm not convinced his letter is truthful. You'd think if you had gotten away with that many murders, this last one wouldn't have been so sloppy. The police caught these guys quickly and the evidence was plentiful.

He sound like a sick fuck who is enjoying his "fame" and trying to become a legend or something.
    Agree with you. Sounds like he's trying to impress one of those strange women who love killers in prison, too.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

The punishment should fit the crime, I say. Eye for an eye and all that.

This horrified me. These two need to be left in a house doused in gas and lit on fire.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information