Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Connecticut man condemned to die for fatal home invasion

What a horrible crime. Those poor people.

I always wonder in cases like this if they had a dog. I think even if you didn't own a dog, a "Beware of Dog" sign might be a deterrent.

I used to be so anti-death penalty...I don't know if it's my age or the fact that I see so much of this shit now, but I'm glad he got the death penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by Brookie View Post
    Not sure there is any punishment that fits crimes like this. Death is too easy, yet I don't need them taking up my oxygen either. I do not want to imagine what he put those women thru, nor what the husband/father is left to live the rest of his life with. I hope he finds another love - somewhere, somehow - and allows himself some happiness.
    Did you know that the home invasion that these two a-holes planned was delayed slightly because (irony alert) the guy had to put his own daughter to bed??? WTF?!?!?! That little gem was captured in their cell phone texts to each other.

By the way, one of the guys actually took cell phone photos of what he had done to some of the female family members. Supposedly, it was too horrible to be repeated in a mainstream news article.

[quote=bellini;2288105]What a horrible crime. Those poor people.

I always wonder in cases like this if they had a dog. I think even if you didn't own a dog, a "Beware of Dog" sign might be a deterrent.[/quote]

This happened very near where I live and my husband immediately started talking about getting a dog. Within months we had a rottweiler puppy (now an 85lb beast!).

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Did you know that the home invasion that these two a-holes planned was delayed slightly because (irony alert) the guy had to put his own daughter to bed??? WTF?!?!?! That little gem was captured in their cell phone texts to each other.

By the way, one of the guys actually took cell phone photos of what he had done to some of the female family members. Supposedly, it was too horrible to be repeated in a mainstream news article.
    Gawd. The whole thing is sickening. They were such a gorgeous family. When I read this thread, I'm reminded of the security video at the bank where the mom was taking money out at the teller window, knowing the two invaders were at her home with her family. Just horrifying. Like I said, no known punishment fits this; nothing is awful enough IMO.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

I agree there truly isn't a just punishment for a crime this horrific. I can't imagine the poor father/husband's grief. I have to wonder if there are times he wishes he would have died with his family. I know I would.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

someone should get a razorblade and carve the names of the family members into his skin, over and over again. Thats a start.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Evil men. I wish they could allow the father to shoot them in court. Savage.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    someone should get a razorblade and carve the names of the family members into his skin, over and over again. Thats a start.
    yes and they should get a scrub down using lemon juice and a fucking brillo pad in between each carving session - and the sessions should be every 15 minutes until they fucking died!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

The horror of this crime continues to shock me every time I hear about it. I'm usually anti-death penalty but these guys just have to get off our planet. There's no room for them here anymore. Gotta go.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Evil men. I wish they could allow the father to shoot them in court. Savage.
    I was talking to someone today about this and said if they wanted to get rid of these guys faster, just make a public announcement that they are releasing them.

Give us the date, the time, and the actual door these two are coming out of. Also mention no police will be there.

Savage but swift.

I think we could arrange a posse of GR faithful to carry out that deed.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Quazar View Post
    The horror of this crime continues to shock me every time I hear about it. I'm usually anti-death penalty but these guys just have to get off our planet.
    It helps also that this is a Barry Sheck-proof situation. No doubt as to their guilt. All kinds of evidence linking them to the crime, and it looks like Hayes isn't denying it, just his level of involvement, which is contradicted by the cell phone messages prior, and photo taken during.

And the poor husband/father is going to have to go through this one more time when the other miscreant is tried.

Suspect in deadly Conn. home invasion tries to avoid death penalty

By the CNN Wire Staff
    March 12, 2011 7:13 a.m. EST

Joshua Komisarjevsky, the second man charged in a brutal 2007 home invasion, says he will plead guilty in exchange for a life sentence.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
    • Attorneys: Komisarjevsky wants to avoid a trial that would cause anguish for families
    • Another man, Steven Hayes, has already been sentenced to death
    • The two men were charged in a home invasion that left a mother and her two daughters dead