Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Congresswoman Shot in Head in Arizona

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post
    another tweet from Palin

She didn't really post this? Are you joking?

She didn't post that today, but that's what she claims her father said to her after they lost 2008 election. It doesn't make any of what she says less inflammatory, obnoxious or stupid though.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Arizona shooting suspect Jared Lee Loughner - latimes.com

Jared Lee Loughner, the 22-year-old suspect in the Tucson shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.) and 17 others, left behind a series of rambling YouTube videos in which he speaks of mind control, dreaming and a "new currency."

He doesn't appear in any of the videos. Instead, the five clips he apparently posted since October under the screen name Classitup10, feature scrolling text on a black screen and diagrams attempting to explain his theories on obscure subjects.

His first video made reference to Giffords' 8th Congressional district, with stretches south and east across the desert from Tucson to the Mexican border.

"[My] hope — is for you to be literate!" the text in the video said. "If you're literate in English grammar, then you comprehend English grammar. The majority of people, who reside in District-8, are illiterate — hilarious. I don't control your English grammar structure, but you control your English grammar structure."

In his profile on YouTube, he said that he's an avid reader and included in a long list of favorite books "Animal Farm," "Brave New World," "The Communist Manifesto," and "Mein Kampf."

His profile said he has attended Pima Community College. One of the videos rambled for several paragraphs, suggesting that Loughner had once been removed from campus for "talking."

He wrote of creating a new system of currency and designing coins. "You're distributing your new currency lethally to people or you're distributing your new currency non-lethally to people," the video reads. In another video he wrote: "No! I won't pay debt with a currency that's not backed by gold and silver!"

Loughner expressed a deep interest in the dystopia that made up the plots of his favorite books.

"I know who's listening: Government Officials, and the People," read one video. "Nearly all the people, who don't know this accurate information of a new currency, aren't aware of mind control and brainwash methods. If I have my civil rights, then this message wouldn't have happen." [sic]

Final post from suspect in Giffords shooting: 'Don't be mad at me'

Posted: Jan 08, 2011 5:26 PM MST Saturday, January 8, 2011 7:26 PM EST Updated: Jan 08, 2011 5:47 PM MST Saturday, January 8, 2011 7:47 PM EST Click image to enlarge

By Brian White - email
    TUCSON, AZ (KOLD) - "Goodbye friends, don't be mad at me."
    That was the last post from 22-year-old Jared Loughner, the suspect in the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords. At least six people were killed and 13 others injured.
    Search warrants were served in the Tucson area, including the home of Loughner's parents in the 7700 bock of North Soledad Avenue, Pima County Sheriff's department spokesman Rick Kastigar said.
    Deputies recovered a pistol with an extended handle, Kastigar added.
    Further information on what was seized by deputies was not immediately available.
    Loughner's YouTube channel has three videos detailing his opinion on government failures.
    The latest video, posted dated Dec. 15, includes comments on "English literacy, dreaming and a new moral 'currency'."
    "In conclusion, it is my ambition - is for informing literate dreamers about a new currency. In a few days, you'll know I am conscience dreaming. Thank you!" says the final slide of a video called "Hello."
    Loughner had been studying at Pima Community College.
    He either withdrew from his classes last semester or was expelled. There is a code of conduct hold on his registration, the Tucson Sentinel reports.
    Here's a look at Loughner's MySpace page, which has been restricted from public view.
    The last post read "Goodbye friends, don't be mad at me."

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/new...e6-142042.html

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

This is a downright national tragedy of the utmost magnitude.

I am a Quaker. And, as such, I am actually a rather politically neutral person with a thing or two.

But, I really think that the Tea Party (type) of folks as well as Sarah Palin have a bit of blame for what has happened here.

The overall political climate in Arizona has a bit of blame as well.

The Tea Party (type) of folks, Sarah Palin, and the politics of Arizona all combined might have helped pushed the shooter over the edge a mite bit with a thing or two.

I have yet to understand why Obama becoming President has galvanized such a profound amount of hate amongst some folks. I really just do not understand it at all.

This shooter was obviously fucking bonkers. And, what might as well played a part in pushing him over the edge is as well.

Sarah Palin should go to Arizona. She should go there in peace. Meet with the Governor. And make a proper speech condemning the whole situation. If she did that, she could actually help end some of this nonsense with a fair amount of the downright hate which has been brewing in the US since Obama was elected President. If she does nothing more than a BS statement (which has been linked in this thread) then fuck her!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by philbert_wormly View Post
    This is a downright national tragedy of the utmost magnitude.

I am a Quaker. And, as such, I am actually a rather politically neutral person with a thing or two.

But, I really think that the Tea Party (type) of folks as well as Sarah Palin have a bit of blame for what has happened here.

The overall political climate in Arizona has a bit of blame as well.

The Tea Party (type) of folks, Sarah Palin, and the politics of Arizona all combined might have helped pushed the shooter over the edge a mite bit with a thing or two.

I have yet to understand why Obama becoming President has galvanized such a profound amount of hate amongst some folks. I really just do not understand it at all.

This shooter was obviously fucking bonkers. And, what might as well played a part in pushing him over the edge is as well.

Sarah Palin should go to Arizona. She should go there in peace. Meet with the Governor. And make a proper speech condemning the whole situation. If she did that, she could actually help end some of this nonsense with a fair amount of the downright hate which has been brewing in the US since Obama was elected President. If she does nothing more than a BS statement (which has been linked in this thread) then fuck her!
    People hate deep inside because they are hateful people. They feel they are losing control of the country. I have a friendship I lost with someone who completely went off the deep end when Obama won the election. Picture me being friends for about 2 years with someone no problem. As soon as Obama won the ugly came out. Then all the things he really felt deep inside, (like being against gay marriage, and hating black people) came pouring out. And this guy was a very nice well spoken educated Mexican Christian.

Even though I was an atheist we were good friends. Until Obama won. He had conspiracy theories up the wazoo. He lived in Texas and resented the hell out of anything to do with NY. He felt Texas should succeed. We're really on the verge of a civil war in this country. People have no idea how insane people really are deep inside.

This is tragic.. How sad..

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by gristledonna View Post

Even though I was an atheist we were good friends. Until Obama won. He had conspiracy theories up the wazoo. He lived in Texas and resented the hell out of anything to do with NY. He felt Texas should succeed. We're really on the verge of a civil war in this country. People have no idea how insane people really are deep inside.
    My brother lectured me lately that if Palin were black she wouldn't be criticized.

This from a man with multiple graduate degrees, who TEACHES, who lives the good life through a fortunate marriage (not through working his own fingers to the bone.)

I tried to remind him of what a Straw Man argument is - that if he can't show me a black Sarah Palin, then his claim holds no water. But he got red in the face and started spouting BS about liberal media and education.

Honestly, it's all very scary.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Has this nutter been linked to the Tea Party? To Palin?

A white woman got shot in the face and it's because a black man is President? I don't see that (yet).

I can't stand Palin or her politics, but this could be a case of some crazy gone, well, crazy.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    My brother lectured me lately that if Palin were black she wouldn't be criticized.

This from a man with multiple graduate degrees, who TEACHES, who lives the good life through a fortunate marriage (not through working his own fingers to the bone.)

I tried to remind him of what a Straw Man argument is - that if he can't show me a black Sarah Palin, then his claim holds no water. But he got red in the face and started spouting BS about liberal media and education.

Honestly, it's all very scary.

There's no reason involved with these people. When Obama first won the guy had all these conspiracy theories about William Ayers and how Michelle Obama wrote her thesis against white people. I kept asking him what Obama himself had actually done himself, that caused such outrage. He had nothing but conspiracy theories.

I actually sort of like Sara Palin as a political motivator to some degree. Not that I agree with her politics but I think she was thrown into the arena and chewed up and spit out. She was in way over her head. But as a spokesperson I think she really represents how these people think. All the hypocrisy and cheesy crap. Its' easy to see how people are swept up by her.

But for a few years now I've felt people are very much underestimating the partisan attitudes in the south.

Giffords had been target of violent threats

Giffords had been target of violent threats - Yahoo! News

It is not yet known whether or not the shooting of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, an Arizona Democrat, and as many as a dozen other people at a public event in Tucson, was an act of political violence.

The AP has reported that the gunman has been identified as Jared Loughner. There's still uncertainty about Loughner's motives and politics. But a Youtube video posted under the name Jared Lee Loughner of Tucson proposes creating a "new currency," and rails against non-English speakers "in District 8" -- Giffords's congressional district.

But it's worth noting that Giffords -- who in 2006 became the youngest woman ever elected to Congress, at 36 -- has, for more than a year, been the target of violence-tinged rhetoric from political opponents and of threats that appear to have come from right-wing activists.

Asked by the New York Post whether his daughter had any enemies, Giffords's father replied: "The whole tea party."

In August 2009, an attendee at a Giffords town-hall meeting dropped a handgun, leading Giffords's staff to call the police. "We have never felt the need before to notify law enforcement when we hold these events," her spokesman said at the time.

After Giffords voted in favor of the health-care overhaul in March, she said that vandals had broken the glass door of her Tucson office. "The rhetoric is incredibly heated, not just the calls but the emails, the slurs," she told MSNBC at the time. "Things have really gotten spun up."

She added: "We do have these polarized parts of our parties that really get excited, and that's where ... all of us have to come together and say, 'OK, there's a fine line here.' "

She told MSNBC's Chuck Todd that she was not afraid, however.

That same month, Sarah Palin's political action committee posted a map of the US, showing the locations of the 20 Democratic members of Congress, including Giffords, it was targeting for defeat. Each location was marked by an image of a gun crosshairs.

Palin's camp dismissed charges that she was encouraging acts of violence, saying she had spoken out against violence. But Giffords herself was one of many who spoke out against the image, telling MSNBC: "When people do that, they've gotta realize there's consequences to that action."

Since Giffords' shooting, SarahPAC appears to have removed Giffords' name from the list. And Palin herself today posted the following on Facebook: "My sincere condolences are offered to the family of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and the other victims of today's tragic shooting in Arizona. On behalf of Todd and my family, we all pray for the victims and their families, and for peace and justice."

In June, the campaign of Giffords' Republican opponent in this year's midterms, Jesse Kelly, placed an ad that read: "Get on target for victory in November/ Help remove Gabrielle Giffords from office/ Shoot a fully automatic M16 with Jesse Kelly."

The website for Kelly, a former US Marine, depicted him with holding an automatic weapon.

Today, Kelly said in a tweet: "We are all deeply saddened by this morning's shooting. Gabrielle Giffords, the other victims, and their families are in our prayers."

Rep. Raul Grijalva, another Arizona Democrat whose district borders Giffords's, has also been the target of threats. He received death threats in the wake of his own vote for the health-care bill in March. In July, a bullet and a shattered window were found inside his Yuma office. That was soon after Grijalva, the chair of Congress's Progressive Caucus, called for a boycott of Arizona after the state passed a tough anti-immigration law. And in October, his office received white powder and a swastika symbol in the mail.

There's no reason involved with these people. When Obama first won the guy had all these conspiracy theories about William Ayers and how Michelle Obama wrote her thesis against white people. I kept asking him what Obama himself had actually done himself, that caused such outrage. He had nothing but conspiracy theories.

I actually sort of like Sara Palin as a political motivator to some degree. Not that I agree with her politics but I think she was thrown into the arena and chewed up and spit out. She was in way over her head. But as a spokesperson I think she really represents how these people think. All the hypocrisy and cheesy crap. Its' easy to see how people are swept up by her.

But for a few years now I've felt people are very much underestimating the partisan attitudes in the south.

WTF????? A motivator of what, exactly? Lying? Hypocrisy? Using her children? False victimhood? Stepping on people? Did I mention lying? Abuse of the public trust? Personally, I don't appreciate the most uninformed and unintelligent (and happily, even proudly so) of our society being given a voice at the table. Idiots are marginalized for a reason, they're idiots.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    WTF????? A motivator of what, exactly? Lying? Hypocrisy? Using her children? False victimhood? Stepping on people? Did I mention lying? Abuse of the public trust? Personally, I don't appreciate the most uninformed and unintelligent (and happily, even proudly so) of our society being given a voice at the table. Idiots are marginalized for a reason, they're idiots.

Oh I agree. But she still manages to motivate people. Even Alec Baldwin was mesmerized by her. He didn't agree with her but he still liked her. He called her a lovely woman. So she's got something to work with there. Too bad she's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    Has this nutter been linked to the Tea Party? To Palin?

A white woman got shot in the face and it's because a black man is President? I don't see that (yet).

I can't stand Palin or her politics, but this could be a case of some crazy gone, well, crazy.
    So, did you read the whole thread?

Oh I agree. But she still manages to motivate people. Even Alec Baldwin was mesmerized by her. He didn't agree with her but he still liked her. He called her a lovely woman. So she's got something to work with there. Too bad she's insane.
    No, hon.. He like many others were mesmerized by the stupid! We couldn't believe that all that dumb was sitting in one brain and someone wanted it to be second in line to run the country!

Hit By Ban Bus!

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information