Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Congresswoman Shot in Head in Arizona

Default Photos add bizarre twist to Tucson suspect's frantic last night

Photos add bizarre twist to Tucson suspect's frantic last night - Yahoo! News

TUCSON, Arizona (Reuters) In a frantic final night before the Tucson shooting rampage, police said suspect Jared Lee Loughner checked into a motel, bought bullets for his semi-automatic and picked up photographs reported to show him posing in a G-string with his Glock pistol.

Loughner is accused of spraying a crowd with a semi-automatic pistol outside a Safeway grocery store last Saturday, killing six people and wounding 13, including Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, who remains in critical condition at a Tucson hospital.

The Pima County Sheriff's Department, which arrested Loughner, released a timeline of his final hours Friday, detailing how he checked into a Motel 6, bought ammo, and a diaper style-backpack at a local Walmart store, after dropping off a roll of 35 mm film at a Walgreens drugstore to be developed.

He collected the film several hours later, shortly before 2:30 a.m. The New York Times reported it contained "multiple photos" of the 22-year-old college dropout posing with a Glock 9 mm pistol next to his naked buttocks and dressed in a bright red G-string.

FBI sources told Reuters they could neither confirm nor deny the report.

The sheriff's department confirmed Friday that video from businesses near the shooting scene and the photographs are in FBI custody.

During the frantic last night, Loughner also shopped at two Circle K convenience stores and a Chevron gas station, all within a few miles of the scene of the shooting. He also posted a message on Myspace saying "Farewell friends."

He later was verbally warned for running a stoplight at 7:30 a.m., before returning home where he took a black bag out of his car and argued with his father, before fleeing on foot.

At 9:41 a.m., he took a cab up to the Safeway store, entering with the driver to get change shortly before 10 a.m. Ten minutes later, he pumped bullet after bullet into the crowd at a congressional meeting with Giffords.

He was wrestled to the ground by bystanders. A sheriff's deputy who detained him five minutes later found 30 rounds of ammunition, a knife and a plastic bag containing money in his pockets.

Pima County Sheriff's spokesman Jason Ogan said that police who detained him at the scene searched his pockets and found two 15-round magazines of ammunition, a 4-inch buck knife, a plastic bag containing money, a Visa card and Loughner's Arizona driver's license.

Ogan said Deputy Georgina Patino found Loughner's weapon on the ground and secured it before he was taken to a sheriff's station for booking.

Loughner is charged with five federal counts, including the murder of a federal judge and the attempted assassination of Giffords, who was shot through the head.

It puts the bullet in the head and also wears a thong that's red...

Too soon?
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

Hit By Ban Bus!

My sister told me that he didn't spray the crowd, but pointed and deliberately shot each person he shot. She said the make of the gun was not the kind that sprayed, you had to point and shoot. I'd be curious to know if this was true.

Then do some research Becky, and your curiosity will be satisfied. You're familiar with Becky, right - you know all your time lurking here.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by gristledonna View Post
    My sister told me that he didn't spray the crowd, but pointed and deliberately shot each person he shot. She said the make of the gun was not the kind that sprayed, you had to point and shoot. I'd be curious to know if this was true.
    Of course you would.

You could ask your sister as to whether or not she is lying, I guess?! Ideally she is speaking with the FBI about all this, right?

I haven't read as to what king of glock it was but generally they don't spray bullets. A glock 19 however can spray up to 50. But most glocks are manuel and you have to fire repeatedly. I think that's what he did and then wasn't he tackled when he tried to reload his clip?
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

I just read that the parents of the little girl donated her organs and they have saved the life of a girl in Boston. Wonderful!
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    I haven't read as to what king of glock it was but generally they don't spray bullets. A glock 19 however can spray up to 50. But most glocks are manuel and you have to fire repeatedly. I think that's what he did and then wasn't he tackled when he tried to reload his clip?

That's what I heard as well. The idea that he aimed at and shot a nine year old child needs to be remembered.

Quote Originally Posted by philbert_wormly View Post
    Of course you would.

You could ask your sister as to whether or not she is lying, I guess?! Ideally she is speaking with the FBI about all this, right?
    VOUCH

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I just read that the parents of the little girl donated her organs and they have saved the life of a girl in Boston. Wonderful!
    That is so awesome
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

Hit By Ban Bus!

Wow his hair grows fast.

Update:

Doctors replace Giffords' breathing tube

By ALICIA CHANG, AP Science Writer Alicia Chang, Ap Science Writer Sat Jan 15, 4:51 pm ET
    TUCSON, Ariz. Doctors on Saturday removed Rep. Gabrielle Giffords' breathing and could soon know if she can speak.
    Giffords had an operation Saturday to replace the breathing tube with a tracheotomy tube in her windpipe. That allows her to breathe better and frees her from the ventilator.
    Though Giffords had been breathing on her own since she was shot in the head Jan. 8, doctors had left the breathing tube in as a precaution. A feeding tube was also put in to provide nutrition. Those procedures are not out of the ordinary for brain-injured patients.
    Giffords' doctors have said they should be able to evaluate her ability to speak once the breathing tube is out.
    Giffords, who was wounded in last weekend's attack that killed six people, remains in critical condition at University. "Her recovery continues as planned," the hospital said in a statement.
    Her husband, astronaut Mark Kelly, has remained by her bedside.
    One patient was discharged Saturday while two others remain in good condition.

Doctors replace Giffords' breathing tube - Yahoo! News-
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Hit By Ban Bus!

^Great news!

More great news.
    Giffords reportedly stands, could leave hospital on Friday
    Husband: 'I am extremely hopeful at the signs of recovery that my wife has made'

TUCSON, Ariz. — Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was reportedly able to stand with some help and look out her hospital window Wednesday, marking another milestone in her recovery as the congresswoman's family made plans to move her from the hospital and into a Texas rehabilitation center.

KVOA in Tucson first reported the news about Giffords standing up. Earlier, in a statement released by Giffords' congressional office, Giffords' husband, astronaut Mark Kelly, said his wife will be moved — likely Friday barring medical issues — to TIRR Memorial Hermann Rehabilitation Hospital in Houston. Doctors say the exact timing of the move will depend on Giffords' health.

Kelly, who has been married to Giffords for three years, lives in Houston.

Giffords was gravely wounded by a gunshot to the forehead on Jan. 8 as she was meeting with constituents outside a grocery store in Tucson. The gunman shot 18 other people, killing six and wounding 12 more.

"I am extremely hopeful at the signs of recovery that my wife has made since the shooting. The team of doctors and nurses at UMC has stabilized her to the point of being ready to move to the rehabilitation phase," Kelly said.

"Their goal — and our goal — has been to provide Gabby with the best care possible. It is for that reason that we have chosen to have her undergo rehabilitation at TIRR Memorial Hermann, which has a national reputation for treating serious penetrating brain injuries and is also in a community where I have family and a strong support network."
    Giffords reportedly stands, may start rehab Friday - U.S. news - Life - msnbc.com

Beautiful love story. He's right by her side
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Thread Information