Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Congresswoman Shot in Head in Arizona

MontanaMama - I'm still a blubbering mess.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Obama was superb. He out did Bill Clinton and didn't ramble.
    He was great.
    Pass the kleenex,please.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

The speech was very moving and well done. Obama can deliver the right words at the right time. It was emotional to watch.

Bah, this is so fucking horrible.

ETA: not the speech, it was perfect. The reason he had to give it is horrible.

*Passes McJag a tissue*

You only get one for now. I'm still using the box.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Hit By Ban Bus!

Here's an article with part of the speech if anyone is interested.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/13/us/13obama.html

Also I don't have television and can't seem to find it online. So if anyone finds a clip could you please post it.

This part of the speech was really poignant to me. I hope people remember it.

“If this tragedy prompts reflection and debate, as it should, let’s make sure it’s worthy of those we have lost,” he said.

Christina Taylor Green, “a third grader with an avid interest in government”; Dorothy Morris, whose husband “was also critically injured as he tried to shield her from the shooting”; Judge John M. Roll, “a devoted husband to his wife, Maureen, father to his three sons and grandfather to his five grandchildren”; Phyllis Schneck, “a 79-year-old church volunteer and New York Giants fan”; Dorwin Stoddard, “a volunteer at the Mountain Avenue Church of Christ”; Gabriel Matthew Zimmerman, “who was 30 years old and engaged to be married.”

Is there a person left in the world who can see Palin's facebook post next to Obama's speech and think that she deserve one more second of publicity? Can't we be done with her yet? Please.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

I find his speech hypocritical when he's firing unmanned drone missiles at villages all over the world.

Pretty words, lying president.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Obama's Speech:

Live Coverage: Memorial in Tucson | The Rundown News Blog | PBS NewsHour | PBS

I just watched it online. Seems like he was trying not to cry when he spoke about Christina, the little girl. It must have made him think of his own little girls.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    Obama's Speech:

Live Coverage: Memorial in Tucson | The Rundown News Blog | PBS NewsHour | PBS

I just watched it online. Seems like he was trying not to cry when he spoke about Christina, the little girl. It must have made him think of his own little girls.

Thank you.

this is the shit that some of my 'friends' are posting on FB
    bunch of asses complaining about this?

(name deleted)I am absolutely apalled at this "memorial service." It sounds like a political rally...totally offensive and inappropriate if you ask me. Thirteen thousand cheering people...cheering for what?? Disgusting.

(name deleted)Is this a memorial service or a political rally? What's with all the cheering? Shame on all those idiots!!!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    President gave his best speech tonight. I want to hear it again. Really worth listening to and living.
    I agree. It was one of his best. He was speaking from his heart. When he talked about the little girl who died, he seemed to want to break down, but he held on. He never blamed anyone. It was a great speech. I'm sure FOX news will pick it apart though.

How about all the dead little girls around the world, killed by faceless airborne drone missiles.

I wonder if he gets choked up about that. Nah. They're just sandmonkeys, not real people like 'Murricans.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

It had a lot of college students there-at least no streakers.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I'm still curious, where do those people hooting and hollering people think they are? What a lovely tribute. I keep wondering how medicated Christina's parents must be, I had shuddering sobs every time she was mentioned and they held up wonderfully.

They're probably still in shock. After all the cameras, press and even friends go back to their normal lives, It will hit them. God bless them.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    There have many facts learned about the shooter, and not one points to him being involved in Party politics or even caring about national politics. He wasn't a member of either party. He didn't vote. He didn't contibute any money to anybody. The only political events anyone can prove he attended were ones that Giffords was at, because he was obsessed with her. He had a jumbled, non-sensical worldview which mixed extremist left-wing and extremist right-wing views, whose main point seems to be that grammar is mind control, and he was angry at Giffords for being involved or ignoring that "conspiracy" or something.
    Trust me - they have not yet learned all the facts that they are going to learn about this guy. It is presumptuous in the extreme to think that they have complete background on this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    You cannot link people to a crime and then say, "Well, prove they weren't involved." You can say that "it's too early" to say if President Obama is involved, there's just as much of a lack of evidence linking him as there is Palin. You accuse someone AFTER there is evidence - you prove a link to Palin, the Tea Party, prove the guy actually SAW those things before you argue that he was motivated by them. You don't go backwards and demand proof of a negative ("he was driven crazy by unicorns, prove me wrong!").
    Well, they have Loughner in custody, but three people in the Arizona Republican party still resigned from their posts because of threats - mostly from Tea Partiers. That means that the people who actually live, and work, and fill political positions in the state still feel threatened - and those are Republicans afraid of people in their own party. Within the last week, the first Jewish elected rep in Arizona history is in a hospital with a gun shot wound, and the only black Republican precinct leader has resigned. Not good.

Thread Information