Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Congresswoman Shot in Head in Arizona

Westboro Baptist Church backed out as predicted.
    Church agrees to not protest slain child's funeral | Deseret News

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

In retail news, sales of Glocks and extended ammo magazines are going thru the roof JUST IN CASE someone wants to have them banned. Scary shit.

And Sarah? SHUT THE EVER LOVING FUCK UP!!!

Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

*passes Brookie a Valium*

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

YEAH STFU SARAH *eyes Twitchy lol
    Silly bitches, twitchy links are NOT for kids!-Mel

My cousin's husband bought a new glock yesterday. They live in Texas. I weep for this country. Hell, I weep for everything, really.
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

I "signed" a card on Facebook today for Giffords, then shared it on my page. It felt like the right thing to do, and it felt good. I can't imagine what it must be like to be giving a speech among supporters one minute, then take a bullet to the brain in the next. My heart breaks for her family and for her staff - and for the families of the people who were hurt or murdered. It's just so unfair, and I hate how the subject of guns so violently polarizes the country.

- Mark Twain

Yes, it's too early to say. The shooting happened less than a week ago. They have barely begun to dig through all of the stuff this guy said, or posted, or did.
    There have many facts learned about the shooter, and not one points to him being involved in Party politics or even caring about national politics. He wasn't a member of either party. He didn't vote. He didn't contibute any money to anybody. The only political events anyone can prove he attended were ones that Giffords was at, because he was obsessed with her. He had a jumbled, non-sensical worldview which mixed extremist left-wing and extremist right-wing views, whose main point seems to be that grammar is mind control, and he was angry at Giffords for being involved or ignoring that "conspiracy" or something.

You cannot link people to a crime and then say, "Well, prove they weren't involved." You can say that "it's too early" to say if President Obama is involved, there's just as much of a lack of evidence linking him as there is Palin. You accuse someone AFTER there is evidence - you prove a link to Palin, the Tea Party, prove the guy actually SAW those things before you argue that he was motivated by them. You don't go backwards and demand proof of a negative ("he was driven crazy by unicorns, prove me wrong!").

I understand you're worked up about this, but revisionist history makes your points fail. The DNC map was not cross-hairs or scoping sites, it was a non-customary bullseye.
    Sorry, my mistake. Bullseye, not crosshairs.

2) the rest of those signs are made by fucking anarchists, not liberals.
    Did you take a poll? I remember one of those signs, and the loon carrying it, because one of my friends chewed him out. The sign-carrier was not an anarchist (and claimed to be have been a Democrat "since before you were born, so fuck off, kiddies" among other things). Never met any of the others so I can't say whether they were liberal, anarchists, or members of the Lollipop Guild, but it's nice that you can tell political affiliation just by looking at someone.

Again, a random bullet is not an assassination attempt. Your credibility is circling the drain.
    A random bullet isn't an assassination attempt, but that is unrelated to the loon who was arrested for threatening to kill Cantor and his family. If you want an "equivalent incident," then did you forget that the last president to be shot, and almost killed, was a Republican? As for credibility, there are people in this very thread who excuse any death threats (and probably any actual attempts) against a former president as "justified." What credibility do they have, for using the same rhetoric that would-be assassins have used? If you attack the violent rhetoric coming from one side but then join in by picking and choosing which politicians you feel deserve to die, then you are part of the problem. I'm not interested in having "credibility" from anyone that would justify threats against ANY official's life.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

President is coming on tv to speak right now.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I hate that the mourners are acting like it's a partisan State of the Union address, but I am an unapologetic swooner when he speaks. I've already bawled twice, and have had tears for most of his speech. And I adore Michelle, she is one damn ass classy broad.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

I've already gone thru a couple of kleenexes. Just looking at Gabby's husband and wondering what it's like to have your world turned upside down in a nanosecond really is upsetting.

- Mark Twain

Gabrielle Gifford's husband holding her hand.

-- Stephen Hawking

It was reported on TV tonight that she also adjusted her hospital gown - no doubt a wedgie the way those damn things fit. That's really a victory at this stage.

- Mark Twain

President gave his best speech tonight. I want to hear it again. Really worth listening to and living.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Elite Member

It touched even my hard little heart.

I'm still curious, where do those people hooting and hollering people think they are? What a lovely tribute. I keep wondering how medicated Christina's parents must be, I had shuddering sobs every time she was mentioned and they held up wonderfully.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Thread Information