Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Congresswoman Shot in Head in Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I can't see the names part of the Democrat chart. Can someone post that?

There isn't one, but that's not the point. Bulleyes, gun sights, are all the same shit. It's disingenous to pretend it isn't.

Political rhetoric is out of hand, but it's not why this kid did this. Mental illness is.

The fact that we will completely ignore that to line up partisanly and throw rocks from one side to the other is exactly what the people at the top want. Divide and conquer. It's worked for thousands of years to keep them at the top and everyone else at the bottom.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    There isn't one, but that's not the point. Bulleyes, gun sights, are all the same shit. It's disingenous to pretend it isn't.

Political rhetoric is out of hand, but it's not why this kid did this. Mental illness is.

The fact that we will completely ignore that to line up partisanly and throw rocks from one side to the other is exactly what the people at the top want. Divide and conquer. It's worked for thousands of years to keep them at the top and everyone else at the bottom.
    I would differ with you in that putting a bullseye on an entire state is not going to result in the feeling of individual dread that being singularly targeted would. Which is why (I believe) that Giffords complained about the imagery back when Palin first used it.

You make a valid point. Both sides need to stop playing to the fringe and talk to and bring the conversation back to the middle.

And to the general thread conversation:

I don't think I ever said that Palin was directly to blame or that there was a direct connection. I would hazard a guess that a large percentage of my posts have something to do with my disbelief that people find her in any way credible, intelligent or exhibits any "Christian-like" qualities. If fall-out from her personal brand of hypocritical bullshit and lies, shuts her the fuck up and makes her go away, then I'm totally comfortable with that.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Kos also put a 'bullseye' on Gifford in 2008

If you go to Daily Kos: State of the Nation

there is no bullseye on the page, and no picture of Giffords, of course, but there is the text at the bottom using the word "bullseye".

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I don't think I ever said that Palin was directly to blame or that there was a direct connection. I would hazard a guess that a large percentage of my posts have something to do with my disbelief that people find her in any way credible, intelligent or exhibits any "Christian-like" qualities. If fall-out from her personal brand of hypocritical bullshit and lies, shuts her the fuck up and makes her go away, then I'm totally comfortable with that.

I can agreed with that.

I just don't take her seriously. She's a good stalking horse though.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I cracked up when the Salon writer said the only thing missing from the guy's reading list is "Catcher in the Rye."

Like just about every assassin and wannabe assassin, the biggest engine behind this shooter was severe mental illness. It doesn't sound like he was even motivated to join any fringe group, but instead just borrowed ideas from several extremist groups like anarchists, 9/11 "truthers," and white supremacists to make one jumbled, incoherent mess in his brain.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Hit By Ban Bus!

And now the back pedaling begins. LOL

We are all responsible for this. Every American that has pointed a finger or lobbed a controversial bullet at the other side in a vicious manner.

To pretend otherwise is disingenuous

This country is by the people for the people of the people. And this is what our country had become in the last few years. Even when Bush was in office it was happening.

And what happened? The guy who did it belongs to no ones neat little box of the "other guys"

Anyone who proclaims otherwise is running away like Macbeth. Pogo said it best.

^^ Bullshit.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Hit By Ban Bus!

If that makes you feel better. By all means. As for me. The next time I decide to be partisan I'm going to be thinking of the way it has impacted my country. I will take responsibility as do many of my friends.

Not trying to push an agenda. Just an idea of responsibility and the implications.

^^Seriously, you're NightDragon aren't you?
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll

We'll be sure to nominate you for sainthood. Be careful climbing down from the cross.

Being partisan has not harmed our country. Some people being assholes harmed our country. Getting people like you, and your friends, to stop the conversation puts the assholes in control. Congratulations.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    We'll be sure to nominate you for sainthood. Be careful climbing down from the cross.

Being partisan has not harmed our country. Some people being assholes harmed our country. Getting people like you, and your friends, to stop the conversation puts the assholes in control. Congratulations.

Extreme partisan behavior has harmed our country. That's my opinion. I don't expect you to agree. And atheists don't believe in "getting down off the cross." Damn I haven't heard that since Catholic schools. You bring back memories. Oooooold memories.
    Last edited by gristledonna; January 10th, 2011 at 07:52 PM. Reason: sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by gristledonna View Post

And shocker, Montanamomma has yet another thing to say. Looks around for the eyeroll smiley.
    shut up......shut up......just stfu. You managed to make this entire thread about you. knock it off. Start a blog, but in the meantime, shut up
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Hahahaha, guess I was right.

Thread Information