Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Congresswoman Shot in Head in Arizona

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    I really wish she had been provided security for her appearances. Its a shame she didn't feel safe due to another persons stupidity and recklessness

I think the video is sad because we've gotten so used to the anger that's been happening in this country that the comments about "sitting down and talking it out" sounds especially sad.

People need to wake up and really take a stand when they see this vitriol coming out. Even if this has nothing to do with Palin, the reaction across the country is very telling about the American state of mind at the moment. It is as if we're almost waiting for blood baths to start happening. The Tea Party people make me so angry that I want to cry because to me they are just one step away from WBBC. I can just picture them putting on PC faces for the sake of social order but when they are alone with each other actually laughing about something like this or calling it a victory.

I agree cupcake. I think her career is over. She'll do fine at speaking engagements, where she can preach to her nutter fanatics, but she'll never lead the Country.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I really really hope that her career is over.

One more surveyor's symbol.

Scroll down to principal point, which her camp is saying is the image used.

Map Center World maps, USA maps, framed maps, pinboard maps

Once again you can see that the lines don't extend past the edge of the circle.

And even if she didn't intend it at first, don't tell me that not a single person on her team noticed the similarity. She's been pedaling evil in this country for a long time. I'm sick of it and I hope and pray that this pulls back some of those who have tipped over into her fantasy land, back into reality.

I don't believe so either. I think this is the nail in the coffin for her. I want to believe that. I gave the woman a more than fair chance in the beginning but ill never stand for someone who represents like she does. She has brought grave harm and division to our country. Her followers are cultlike and dangerous
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by cupcake View Post
    I don't believe so either. I think this is the nail in the coffin for her. I want to believe that. I gave the woman a more than fair chance in the beginning but ill never stand for someone who represents like she does. She has brought grave harm and division to our country. Her followers are cultlike and dangerous
    I want to believe that too but sometimes I think we live in an 'amnesiac' society where today's news soon gets old, people conveniently 'forget,' etc.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    I want to believe that too but sometimes I think we live in an 'amnesiac' society where today's news soon gets old, people conveniently 'forget,' etc.

Then it's our job to make sure that people don't forget. I agree that in this country there's a tendency to move on and forget. I think that's the only thing that George W. Bush ever said that I agreed with. But we should not respond with anger but with determined reminders of what happens when hate and bigotry are left unchecked out of not wanting to rock the boat. We've got a gay community getting crushed left right and center, we've got backlash going out against minorities in Arizona and Texas. We've got so much going so wrong. And any time someone speaks like one of these people even slightly, like Olivia was saying, rational intelligent people who've somehow gone over the edge, we need to remind them of Tuscon and what happened here. We need to make sure no one forgets.

/rant

So my brother in law texted me that the 9 year olds mom is on sheppard smith speaking about her daughter and how she found everything out. If this lady will continue to speak put on all stations then I think it will speak volumes and really pull at peoples hearts that this is not acceptable.
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

I really hope the thing that has propelled her will be the thing that takes her down. I honestly don't think the man had even seen Sarah Palin's map prior to this event. I could be wrong though, we're still waiting on the other guy he might have been with. But if this creates a huge backlash against her by people who aren't interested in facts and evidence, she's going to be taken down by the very same effect that got her up there. So justice will be served.
    Except that if people blame Palin and it turns out there is no link between Palin and this shooter, then there could be a backlash which results in her becoming even more popular. She already portrays the media as biased and against her, so it they inaccurately link her to a horrible tragedy by jumping the gun and blaming her for a congresswoman being shot, it will give her supporters even more of a boost. The people jumping on Palin right now already hate her, her supporters will support her even more, so nothing will change unless people truly do start blaming both parties equally for their rhetoric.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    Except that if people blame Palin and it turns out there is no link between Palin and this shooter, then there could be a backlash which results in her becoming even more popular. She already portrays the media as biased and against her, so it they inaccurately link her to a horrible tragedy by jumping the gun and blaming her for a congresswoman being shot, it will give her supporters even more of a boost. The people jumping on Palin right now already hate her, her supporters will support her even more, so nothing will change unless people truly do start blaming both parties equally for their rhetoric.

Well said. I've been worried about this as well. It's got to be a commitment on both sides.

Congresswoman Giffords Status update.

I really freaking hope for a miracle here. I hope she recovers really fast and is able to speak out about this and be a voice of reason. I'm seriously putting every bit of energy I have into hoping this will happen. It's as close to praying as this atheist gets. I'm really hoping we can turn this around.

How Congresswoman Giffords Survived A Bullet To Her Brain | WUSA9.com | Washington, DC |

I'm watching nbc right now and they are showing pics of her with rifles and says she is in support of the right to bear arms but they showed he interview where she was talking about palin putting the crosshairs on various states. I really like this lady. She in in the middle, not leaning too far left or right. I think she is very fair in her thinking and the changes she would like to see made.
    Rip Mom

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post

Not only this ^^ but how can we criticize someone for twisting the truth and fear mongering and then do the same as soon as it fits the narrative we want?

I don't like Palin or her message, but this guy looks like he was off his gourd. And there is no evidence, yet, that he was associated with the fringe right at all.

If the investigation shows he was a Palin follower or otherwise influenced by teabaggers, well, then I'm all for stringing Palin up right alongide the killer.

The 9 year old wanted to be the first lady major league baseball player. She was the only girl on the baseball team she played for. I love that!
    Rip Mom

*snort*

if she's in the middle then she's already right of center. There's no actual left representation in the US.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Ugh, this is all just so sad and wrong. I agree with those who are saying we shouldn't just automatically point fingers and blame people who aren't actually involved... but at the same time, I do think that all the violent, aggressive language on both sides has fueled a lot more fire than either side realizes.

Real names were on that Palin shooter list. Real people are being encouraged when Obama says "bring a gun to a knife fight!" It's all real, and it's all scary, on all sides. A little girl got murdered because of craziness and hate. A federal judge. So many others. Even if it had literally nothing to do with Palin or the Tea Party or anything political at all, the fact still remains that politics hangs a cloud of violence and hatred over our country nowadays and it's affecting people.
    "Not only do we embrace it, we take it out for drinks, get it absolutely steaming drunk, leg hump it and then leave it covered in shaving foam and a stolen Chuck E Cheese outfit in its own bath with no recollection of how it got there." -Kittylady on the sad and pathetic and strange.

Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information