Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CBSís Lara Logan suffered Ďbrutalí sexual assault attack in Egypt

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    January, I think Ebert was commenting more on stories like the one below, which came from Mary Rogers of CNN:

If you are a woman living in Cairo, chances are you have been sexually harassed. It happens on the streets, on crowded buses, in the workplace, in schools, and even in a doctor's office.

According to a 2008 survey of 1,010 women conducted by the Egyptian Center for Women's rights, 98 percent of foreign women and 83 percent of Egyptian women have been sexually harassed.
    Those are pretty shockingly high figures. I do know a couple of women who've been on holiday to Egypt and got harassed by men though. It's a shame.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by Working Girl View Post
    ================

I am sure that there are public figures like her that do not want the details of their marriages and divorces talked about..or how they raise their kids or who they want to pray to or have sex with but i it is all POSTED HERE and people read it and respond..just like you so please do not call me a bitch

Thank you
    I think there is a world of difference between divorce gossip, consensual sexual merry-go-rounds, kissing Xenu's arse etc and being brutally sexually assaulted by a number of strangers. Also a lot of public figures and celebs base their career on presenting a perfect image of fidelity while consensually fucking everything with a pulse and others use details of their consensual sexcapades to keep themselves in the media. Lara Logan did not consent to what happened to her. She did not deserve what happened to her. She does not deserve to have salaciously speculative details to be circulated by some shit stain (the writer of the article, not you) as shocking titillation disguised as factual reporting.

Whoever wrote that article and thinks they did a good job of it needs to DIAF.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

^^This. To even compare the two is disgusting.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Amen.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

================

I am sure that there are public figures like her that do not want the details of their marriages and divorces talked about..or how they raise their kids or who they want to pray to or have sex with but i it is all POSTED HERE and people read it and respond..just like you so please do not call me a bitch

Thank you
    ...are you new in the Internet?

Also, the details of marriages and divorces, while personal, are not the same as gang rape.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

================

Thank you
    It's just an expression but if the shoe fits...

================

Thank you
    That was just a figure of speech, not at all directed at you. Bitch, please! Means the same as Puh-Leeze, OMG! or Gimmee a break!. Just a bit more dramatic. Everyone knows she was not talking to you personally.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

January, I think Ebert was commenting more on stories like the one below, which came from Mary Rogers of CNN:
    If you are a woman living in Cairo, chances are you have been sexually harassed. It happens on the streets, on crowded buses, in the workplace, in schools, and even in a doctor's office.

According to a 2008 survey of 1,010 women conducted by the Egyptian Center for Women's rights, 98 percent of foreign women and 83 percent of Egyptian women have been sexually harassed.
    See, this is what I can't wrap my head around. I lived in Cairo for years, lived both in Maadi and downtown, I walked to work or took taxis (my work was downtown) and never once did I feel threatened physically. I think it helped that I learned the language pretty quick - if you don't know the language, Arabic sounds pretty intimidating, even when people say "hello." They tend to speak loud and fast, and at times when I first got there, I thought people were angry because they use their hands a lot - turns out they were just saying hello. Before I learned the language, it sounded very frightening to me at times. So, here's the deal. I figured out pretty quickly (like ANY big city) where to go and where to avoid when I was on my own. That's not a unique thing to Cairo, I do the same in New York. And I DID have men follow me a few times in groups, giving me marriage proposals and giving me compliments. I guess some women could find it off-putting, I just kept on going, and they drifted away. Those men weren't out to hurt me, just talk to me. So I guess technically I was sexually harassed on occasion. I wasn't as threatened because I understand Arabic - if I didn't, I guess I could be freaked out by some guys following me saying things I couldn't understand, so I understand why some women could feel weirded out. I guess my problem is that the phrase "sexual harassment" can be very subjective based on your experience, and I'm not sure what it entails - catcalls? Guys telling you how hot you are? Basically the same experience one gets when walking past a construction site? Yes, you will get that there on occasion, depending on the area. But polls like that (in my opinion) are misleading because it's not clearly defined, and its conclusion makes women feel unsafe, which is really untrue. Like any woman, you have to guard yourself and make sure you know the area you are in, it's a big city, not a freaking fairy land, there's always going to be creeps. Just be aware of your surroundings. It helped that I basically stayed in Maadi and Zamalek, I wasn't out in risky areas or wandering the countryside. And the things that happened in that article are terrible, I'm not denying it - but the poll is subjective. I feel defensive about Cairo because I had a worse time on one occasion visiting Las Vegas than I ever did working and living in Cairo.

The bad thing about Cairo when I was living there (and hopefully it will change now) is that the police force is completely USELESS and will not help you except if you offer them bribes (which always leads to more bribes). So everyone (including me) knew that you're on your own in terms of protection, unless you can make it to the Embassy. It was an extremely corrupt system. I have a feeling that will change now, which makes me extremely happy.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Hmm. I wonder what the percentage would be in Italy?
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

For what it's worth, the reports I'm seeing now seem to be stating that Lara Logan was not attacked in the way that someone here described earlier. She was stripped, pinched (resulting in red marks on her body), punched and whipped. But not raped. Logan said that Egyptian women threw themselves on top of her to prevent that from happening. And one of the guards protecting her suffered a broken hand.

For what it's worth, the reports I'm seeing now seem to be stating that Lara Logan was not attacked in the way that someone here described earlier. She was stripped, pinched (resulting in red marks on her body), punched and whipped. But not raped. Logan said that Egyptian women threw themselves on top of her to prevent that from happening. And one of the guards protecting her suffered a broken hand.
    I hope this is the truth.
    Those are some brave Egyptian women. I do not think they are to be trifled with. That was fearless in a mob scene.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I hope this is the truth.
    Those are some brave Egyptian women. I do not think they are to be trifled with. That was fearless in a mob scene.
    ITA. Those women are awesome and proof of the existance of bravery, determination and humanity in a country that some morons are trying to represent as being inhabited by sub-humans. Sadly too many people won't remember the reality of these outstanding women and will accept the blog comments, hateful ramblings and vile speculation as being true.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by Aella View Post
    ...are you new in the Internet?

Also, the details of marriages and divorces, while personal, are not the same as gang rape.

No i am not new to the internet. ..this is a thread on Lara Logan anyone who did not want to read about her could have skipped this thread..

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    It's just an expression but if the shoe fits...
    No it does not but i don't roll over either...
    Last edited by Tati; February 22nd, 2011 at 07:47 PM.

No i am not new to the internet. ..this is a thread on Lara Logan anyone who did not want to read about her could have skipped this thread..
    reading about her is one thing, reading untrue statements about a sexual assault IS different.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(ē_ē)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    reading about her is one thing, reading untrue statements about a sexual assault IS different.
    How do you know it is not true? I am only posting what i see on the news
    and other blogs just like others do on this gossip site and i posted it under the thread titled."Lara Logan suffered brutal sexual assault"..i did not start this thread nor did i force anyone to come to it and read it! People are free to skip over threads they do not like.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information