Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CBS’s Lara Logan suffered ‘brutal’ sexual assault attack in Egypt

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

JFC! That Daily Fail article pissed me off. Rape and sexual assault is NOT about sex or desirability but about power. The Fail also has another article written by a female war correspondant that contains the following comment:

Yet rape and sexual assault is not just a fear for female journalists. Once, on a conduct after capture course organised by the Ministry of Defence on a dank Welsh hillside called Sennybridge the cheery female RAF officer lecturer announced: ‘If you are captured, you will be raped. Both men and women. You must expect it.’
    So I guess judging by the other article if we ever hear of a male journalist being sexually assaulted in a war zone then we can blame it on the fact that his pants were too booty-hugging?
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

The Daily Fail is victim-blaming? Colour me shocked.
    "Remember to always be yourself. Unless you suck." - Joss Whedon

"The only thing more expensive than education is ignorance." -Benjamin Franklin

Thanks McJag and Aella, I feel ashamed for my post, I shouldn't have mentioned how hard it hit me, because it's not about ME. This is just such a tragedy.

But what I find the most tragic about this is that people have exploited what has happened to Lara Logan, they have used her pain and her tragedy to spout their own fucked up racist and misogynistic comments. Truthfully, I truly feel that some people took quiet satisfaction in her pain. People I know weren't interested at all in the goings on in Egypt were suddenly, "hey did you hear what happened to that white woman over there in Egypt?" It's not because its been sensationalized, but because it reconfirms their stereotypes. I truly think that there are a good deal of Americans who believe any Arab to be so violent and woman-hating that they couldn't believe some of the images on their TV, that when this happened, FINALLY they could say "oh, well THAT'S what I knew would happen over there, you know they hate women, right?" Like my mom, whose marriage to my Arab husband terrified her, because she thought I would be forced to be veiled and live under my husband's thumb. Hello? Does she even know me? But there is a huge percentage of Americans that are that ignorant, truly. This gave them exactly what they wanted.

This tragic event sadly doesn't surprise me, though. This kind of vile shit was bound to happen in any type of country whose police force was COMPLETELY DISBANDED, whose citizens are on their own for their safety and security besides a very small army trying to contain 82 million people. In a sea of 82 million people, there are going to be a handful or so of opportunistic criminal thugs that take advantage of the fact that shit like this can be done under the cover of night, and won't be prosecuted because there is no police force there to arrest them. That's the depravity of human nature right there. The Egyptian males I know would risk life and limb to help any woman in trouble, this is not an "Egyptian" thing. Unfortunately incidents like this occur all over the world. This isn't an "Egyptian way of thinking towards women" you dipshit Roger Ebert. This is how "some males think of women all over the world type of thing." It's vile and disgusting and I hope there is some kind of justice out there for Lara Logan.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

January, I was totally thinking of you and your husband when all this was unfolding. I was thinking of the millions of Egyptians as well, of course, but naturally we tend to think about the people we feel that we know. I agree that some people are using this as an excuse to let their racism and prejudices come out and play. Like a white, non-Muslim men have never raped anybody. Like all Egyptians were doing this, conveniently forgetting that it was also Egyptians who saved the reporter.

It's not just Americans who are ignorant, it's an attitude that's present all over. People are afraid of what they don't know and there are so many misconceptions about Muslims. I am guessing that your mother overcame her distrust once she actually met your husband. Anyway, try not to let the whole thing get to you too much. People who were ignorant and racist before will remain so and focus on things like this disgusting attack instead of the real message from this change.

Just read this update

CBS international reporter Lara Logan is a well known public figure. And CBS and other media have accepted that she was brutally assaulted. However, Youtube and some Arab Websites are offering some further claimed shocking details not reported by the U.S. media and even some video about the extreme brutality of the attack on CBS reporter Lara Logan . Reportedly, some videos did show a crowd of about 200 or more men surround and separate Lara Logan from her security, and the crowd shouted “Jew, Jew!”, and “American bitch!”. Lara Logan is not Jewish or American, she’s a South African native.

Reportedly some of physical and sexual assault activity was caught on camera phones as well. One video purportedly involved some boy fondling the breasts of the reporter. However, another purported video that was described by a controversial YouTube video claims that a bearded man ripped the top off the reporter and began slapping her face and breasts. He then pinned her to the ground, and by this time she stopped resisting, apparently accepting the fact that she was overpowered. The bearded man then removed her pants and masturbated in front of her before raping her. He also reportedly clawed at her breasts with his hands. The YouTube video claims that at least six men raped her vaginally, and a number of men also raped her anally as well. She was reportedly masturbated on and urinated on by some men as well according to the YouTube video claims which was supposed to be pieced together from information and videos posted on Arab Websites and other sources.

More to story here
    The Controversial And Shocking Details About The Lara Logan Attack | Wizbang Pop!

What. The. Fuck. God that is disgusting. Poor Lara. Those men should be shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Girl View Post
    Just read this update

CBS international reporter Lara Logan is a well known public figure. And CBS and other media have accepted that she was brutally assaulted. However, Youtube and some Arab Websites are offering some further claimed shocking details not reported by the U.S. media and even some video about the extreme brutality of the attack on CBS reporter Lara Logan . Reportedly, some videos did show a crowd of about 200 or more men surround and separate Lara Logan from her security, and the crowd shouted “Jew, Jew!”, and “American bitch!”. Lara Logan is not Jewish or American, she’s a South African native.

Reportedly some of physical and sexual assault activity was caught on camera phones as well. One video purportedly involved some boy fondling the breasts of the reporter. However, another purported video that was described by a controversial YouTube video claims that a bearded man ripped the top off the reporter and began slapping her face and breasts. He then pinned her to the ground, and by this time she stopped resisting, apparently accepting the fact that she was overpowered. The bearded man then removed her pants and masturbated in front of her before raping her. He also reportedly clawed at her breasts with his hands. The YouTube video claims that at least six men raped her vaginally, and a number of men also raped her anally as well. She was reportedly masturbated on and urinated on by some men as well according to the YouTube video claims which was supposed to be pieced together from information and videos posted on Arab Websites and other sources.

More to story here
    The Controversial And Shocking Details About The Lara Logan Attack | Wizbang Pop!

Let's see. A Youtube video that is not linked on the blog you link. Which is supposedly piecing together information and videos posted on vague Arab Websites and other sources. Because according to that video there are videos. You are telling me that videos of this have been posted in a website anywhere in the globe and 4chan hasn't featured them? Bitch please.

I don't want to know the details of what happened to the reporter. If at some point she wishes to share them or they become a matter of public record, so be it. Publishing these disgusting descriptions exploiting this incident is absolutely unacceptable.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Thanks McJag and Aella, I feel ashamed for my post, I shouldn't have mentioned how hard it hit me, because it's not about ME. This is just such a tragedy.

Truthfully, I truly feel that some people took quiet satisfaction in her pain. People I know weren't interested at all in the goings on in Egypt were suddenly, "hey did you hear what happened to that white woman over there in Egypt?"

This tragic event sadly doesn't surprise me, though. This kind of vile shit was bound to happen in any type of country...

This isn't an "Egyptian way of thinking towards women" you dipshit Roger Ebert. This is how "some males think of women all over the world type of thing." It's vile and disgusting ...

I agree 1000% with what you posted. Victim shaming/blaming is the way that these assholes assert their power after the fact. Look what she was wearing, she shouldn't have been in that area etc.

We had a serial rapist in Wrigleyville (Chicago, home of Roger Ebert!) a few years back attacking females late at night. Some were coming home from bars and some were coming home from work, the gym etc. Tons of guys were trying to shame them by saying they shouldn't have been out drinking, wearing certain clothing or even shouldn't have been out late a night. One victim had the attacker climb through her window, I guess she shouldn't have lived in a place with windows???

I guarantee if guys were getting attacked and raped late at night they never would be questioned about how much they had to drink or if the Ed Hardy tee they had on was showing too much and the rapist just couldn't help themselves.

Wonder if Ebert thinks that raping females is the norm in Wrigleyville too?

Holy shit. What hell she went through. God those men deserve to die in the most dragged out and agonising way possible.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

Quote Originally Posted by Working Girl View Post
    Just read this update

More to story here
    Definitely TMI. I'm definitely not comfortble reading the details since the victim has not only been revealed, but is a public figure.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    Let's see. A Youtube video that is not linked on the blog you link. Which is supposedly piecing together information and videos posted on vague Arab Websites and other sources. Because according to that video there are videos. You are telling me that videos of this have been posted in a website anywhere in the globe and 4chan hasn't featured them? Bitch please.

I don't want to know the details of what happened to the reporter. If at some point she wishes to share them or they become a matter of public record, so be it. Publishing these disgusting descriptions exploiting this incident is absolutely unacceptable.
    No shit. I've tried to trace a ton of these "alleged" sources down to no avail, except to be lead to blogs like that of Debbie Schlussel and her ilk, all of which have an extremely biased slant, and their own agenda. Like the one WG posted above that talks about Anti-Americanism run amok and "allegedly" knows the things the men shouted and the like, and talks within the article about:

It is also important to understand how anti-Americanism seemed to play a major role in the extreme level of brutality here. Reportedly, the reporter was left bloody, with semen and urine on her as the crowd shouted anti-American slogans...The assault on Lara Logan illustrates just how much order has recently broken down in the MidEast region which is now far more dangerous for Westerners. Further, some dangerous heads of Al Qaeda have been released from prison in places like Libya as rioting crowds demanded that political prisoners are released.

The article WV posted has NO VALID SOURCES whatsoever, just the word "reportedly" mentioned in every sentence. Well shit, I could write that blog then, based on what I heard down at the cafe. People have to be dumb just to take this stuff on face value and not question where these "alleged sources" really are, and what the agenda is for some of these blogs. I know that what happened to Lara Logan was tragic, but I also have no doubt that people are jumping in and throwing in their two cents about "what may have happened" and you're seeing it represented as "facts" on several blogs, which all have a political slant to them, one blog just linking to another conservative blog to another, without any valid news sources. Do we really need to read about how bad the assault was in detail, by someone who "allegedly" knows, I guess someone who was privy to these top-secret videos which no one has access to? It's all so sad, really.

Who knows what the hell went down. I don't think I want to know. But I do know that there are a ton of blogs out there who are quoting some sort of "alleged sources" without any kind of backup, and I find that reprehensible. I also find it reprehensible that someone would post that here, but that's just me. Wait until there is a valid news source report, geez. This isn't celebrity gossip, and it shouldn't be treated as such.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

What a tweet! NYU fellow quits after mocking Logan

Nir Rosen, a journalist fellow at NYU’s Center on Law and Security, resigned yesterday after he wrote several tweets mocking the attack on CBS news correspondent Lara Logan, who was beaten and sexually assaulted while covering the Egyptian protests in Tahrir Square.

“Lara Logan had to outdo Anderson [Cooper],” Rosen tweeted Tuesday when news of Logan’s attack broke. “I’m rolling my eyes at all the attention she’ll get.”

Rosen left NYU voluntarily, and told Mediabistro in an interview yesterday that he feels “like shrinking now, I am so embarrassed for what I have done and how many people I offended. On Twitter I often banter and argue with various acquaintances. ... We don’t regard it as a place to make serious statements.

“After all, at least I thought, it’s just silly social media, but that was idiotic of me and I showed terrible judgment,” he added.

http ://www.metro.us/newyork/local/article/775868--what-a-tweet-nyu-fellow-quits-after-mocking-logan

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Thank you! We do not know what Lara Logan endured. We do not know and we do not NEED to know. I don't care who the victim is, where they are from and how famous or everyday-Joe they are, there is NO NEED to spout this speculative shit. JFC, wasn't what Lara went through bad enough that the writer of that article felt the need to assault her all over again? And I'm sorry but their lurid and highly suspect description sounds almost as if they are trying to feed into some sick motherfucker's fantasies.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    The Egyptian males I know would risk life and limb to help any woman in trouble, this is not an "Egyptian" thing. Unfortunately incidents like this occur all over the world. This isn't an "Egyptian way of thinking towards women" you dipshit Roger Ebert. This is how "some males think of women all over the world type of thing." It's vile and disgusting and I hope there is some kind of justice out there for Lara Logan.
    January, I think Ebert was commenting more on stories like the one below, which came from Mary Rogers of CNN:

If you are a woman living in Cairo, chances are you have been sexually harassed. It happens on the streets, on crowded buses, in the workplace, in schools, and even in a doctor's office.

According to a 2008 survey of 1,010 women conducted by the Egyptian Center for Women's rights, 98 percent of foreign women and 83 percent of Egyptian women have been sexually harassed.

================

I am sure that there are public figures like her that do not want the details of their marriages and divorces talked about..or how they raise their kids or who they want to pray to or have sex with but i it is all POSTED HERE and people read it and respond..just like you so please do not call me a bitch

Thank you

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information