Login to remove the ads!
Page 98 of 102 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102 LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1527
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

Wow!!!! Is there a court order forbidding her to re-create?
    ...Stopped smoking on March 8, 2011. Was trying to put a fancy ticker in my signature but it didn't work...

"I'm extremely excited that I'll be able to Skype and obviously keep a video log, take some pictures, and then I have something that I can finally call mine," she says.
    Uh, you did have something that was yours, & you killed it & threw it away like trash, you evil bitch.

I did a search but couldn't find the latest developments. Please move if there is already a thread.

Casey Anthony Flushed Out of Hiding

By Steve Helling
    Update Tuesday May 22, 2012 06:30 AM EDT Originally posted Monday May 21, 2012 06:20 PM EDT

Casey Anthony
    Red Huber/Orlando Sentinel/Getty

Ten months after she went into hiding, Casey Anthony has been found and now may have to face tough questions under oath in a courtroom.

Investigators have been waiting outside Anthony's residence in Florida for several days to serve her with a subpoena in a defamation action filed by a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez.

"Our investigation team had her whereabouts pinned down," says Gonzalez's attorney, Matt Morgan. "Their backs were against the wall, so her attorneys said that they would accept service on her behalf."

RELATED: Casey Anthony Won't Profit from Her Lawyer's Book, Says Jose Baez

Gonzalez filed suit over Anthony's comments in 2008 that a babysitter named Zenaida Gonzalez had kidnapped Anthony's 2-year-old daughter Caylee, who turned up dead. There was no babysitter by that name, but Gonzalez – who had nothing to do with Anthony – claimed defamation because the two names are the same.

While Anthony has been hiding since her highly publicized acquittal on murder charges, the defamation case has proceeded. A judge finally ordered that Anthony's attorneys must disclose her whereabouts.

Although Anthony had planned to leave the country after her probation was finished in September, she now will must return to Orlando to face Gonzalez, who wants Anthony do something she never did at the criminal trial: face questions under oath in court about Caylee's death.

During a deposition, Anthony repeatedly invoked the Fifth Amendment in refusing to answer questions. Now, Anthony is required to appear at trial on Jan. 2.

"Ms. Gonzalez is happy to hear that Casey Anthony finally will be held accountable just like everybody else," says her attorney.

Casey Anthony Found in Hiding, Lawyers Served with a Subpoena : People.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Someone explain to me how you can refuse to answer questions and utilize 5th Amendment protections if you've been acquitted? The 5th Amendment (if I go into the far recesses of my brain way back to Crim Law class) protects you from incriminating yourself when you are in legal jeopardy. Since she was acquitted, that same 5th Amendment means she can't be tried again. You don't get 5th Amendment protections for civil cases (cuz it usually isn't the government suing you)...or is her "appeal" still pending?
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Someone explain to me how you can refuse to answer questions and utilize 5th Amendment protections if you've been acquitted? The 5th Amendment (if I go into the far recesses of my brain way back to Crim Law class) protects you from incriminating yourself when you are in legal jeopardy. Since she was acquitted, that same 5th Amendment means she can't be tried again. You don't get 5th Amendment protections for civil cases (cuz it usually isn't the government suing you)...or is her "appeal" still pending?
    Wow, that seems like a good question to me. Wasn't she appealing her conviction of lying to police? Could getting on the stand with Gonzalez, and saying, under oath, that she lied about Zenaida Gonzalez torpedo any appeal she might be making? But the other question I had was whether the appeal had been shot down already.

how is it defamation when no one thinks zenaida gonzalez had anything to do with this? just let this stupid case die already, it's not like they're going to get to try her for the kid's murder again anyway and it's not like she's got a huge fortune anyway so by the time this is done, even if she wins, it's zenaida's lawyer who's going to keep any money they manage to get out of casey anthony anyway.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

This is what Gonzalez said in 2008, way before she launched a lawsuit:

Zenaida has gotten hate mail for Zeni the Nanny, Zenaida says that her life has been turned upside down. She wishes her name was something else. Zenaida has never seen Casey or Caylee Anthony before this whole mess started. She has never lived at the Sawgrass Apartments. She did look at the apartment to rent it out, but nothing else.

Here is what she says about Casey Anthony: “She doesn’t know how much damage she has done. Not only to me, that she has done to them, my children. They came out of me. I raised them by myself and now she is hurting them more than me,”

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    how is it defamation when no one thinks zenaida gonzalez had anything to do with this? just let this stupid case die already, it's not like they're going to get to try her for the kid's murder again anyway and it's not like she's got a huge fortune anyway so by the time this is done, even if she wins, it's zenaida's lawyer who's going to keep any money they manage to get out of casey anthony anyway.
    Well now we know she wasn't involved, but at the time, there were massive manhunts and the name "Zenaida Gonzales" was all over the news. It's distinct enough of a name that she may have had very real problems.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll

it's been 4 years. zenaida needs to get the fuck over it. she's got nothing to gain. and people just have to let this story die already. i hope this doesn't become the next jonbenet ramsey case, where we're still hearing the same regurgitated bullshit or alleged 'new' theories 20 years later.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

But it's only been 4 years because you never take the civil case to trial before the criminal and Casey went into hiding and they had to search for her. Casey may have done real harm to Zenaida's life, having a civil judgment against Casey will keep her from profiting in the future - she'll never write a book or pose for some magazine, etc. without having to pay off the judgment.
    Just Kill Me likes this.

Gonzales's claim is that Anthony's use of her name, and the media's tying of Gonzales's name to the Sawgrass apartment caused her to be unemployable for a certain period of time, causing financial hardship to her and her children. If someone causes another person to lose income by recklessly defaming their name, then the other party is entitled to seek compensation in court.

^^^
    yeah, i get that, i'm just beyond sick of the casey anthony story at this point, and anything related to it.

^ Me too, but this heinous bitch got away with murder, so anything to harass, inconvenience, and keep her from profiting from it is a good thing in my book.
    holly likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

My neighbor said Rob Lowe is doing a movie about Casey Anthony. Has anyone else heard about this? WTF?

Well he has a manly enough jaw to play her but will need extensions.
    "Ronan is a Sinatra this comes from years of watching Maury!!!" *Diva!

Thread Information