Page 87 of 102 FirstFirst ... 377783848586878889909197 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 1527
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    WFTV Channel 9 out of Orlando is streaming the court hearing live this morning. I was happy to see Belvin again. lol

Link to live stream:

Casey Anthony - Released From Jail | Video, photos, timeline - OrlandoSentinel.com

Very interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    WFTV Channel 9 out of Orlando is streaming the court hearing live this morning. I was happy to see Belvin again. lol
    He's awesome

Balloons, plan for memorial mark Caylee Anthony's birthday

Girl who disappeared in 2008 would have been 6 years old, sparked outpouring of grief
    1. Below:
    5Share

Phelan M. Ebenhack / AP Hailey Murray, 2, and her grandmother Kimberly Rikard, of Cocoa Beach, Fla., visit a makeshift memorial Tuesday for Caylee Anthony on what would have been her sixth birthday, in Orlando, Fla.

updated 16 minutes ago
    • Font:
    ORLANDO, Fla A balloon and butterfly release and the unveiling Tuesday of a proposed memorial mark what would have been the 6th birthday of Caylee Marie Anthony, the Florida toddler whose 2008 disappearance and death triggered a national outpouring of grief.
    Bring Kids Home, a charity for missing and abused children, wants to erect a memorial for Caylee in the swampy, wooded area just outside Orlando where her remains were found.
    Caylee's mother, Casey Anthony, was acquitted in July of killing her 2-year-old daughter after a nationally televised trial. Casey Anthony, 25, disappeared from public view after her release from jail and reportedly is living out of state.
    Eddie DelValle, Florida director of Bring Kids Home, said the memorial plans include a raised path that will take visitors into the woods and around a light-projected halo marking the spot where Caylee's skeleton was recovered.
    DelValle said hundreds of tourists from around the world still make pilgrimages to the site.
    DelValle, a Christian counselor, said he sets up a tent there for two hours every Sunday and counsels an average of 50 grieving people each time.
    "Mostly tourist families come here. I've met people from Germany, Canada and Orlando. Some you see, they break down at the site," DelValle told Reuters.

Anonymous / AP Caylee Marie Anthony

As part of the memorial, individuals would be able to buy and inscribe messages on bricks for $80 for a roadside wall marker. Corporate bricks will start at $150.
    The organization said the brick sales will help pay for the expected $200,000 cost of the project and allow people to participate in a project remembering Caylee and other missing children, whose names will be inscribed on the wall.
    DelValle said the national Bring Kids Home organization is negotiating the purchase of the land. The memorial also will require zoning clearance and permits.
    Caylee lived with her mother at her grandparents' house around the corner from the site. DelValle said Caylee's grandparents, Cindy and George Anthony, were not contacted about the memorial.

Happy Birthday baby girl.
    ><((((>. . `.><((((>><((((>`..`...><((((>.`.. ><((((> `..`...><((((>

Eddie DelValle, Florida director of Bring Kids Home, said the memorial plans include a raised path that will take visitors into the woods and around a light-projected halo marking the spot where Caylee's skeleton was recovered.
    DelValle said hundreds of tourists from around the world still make pilgrimages to the site.

As part of the memorial, individuals would be able to buy and inscribe messages on bricks for $80 for a roadside wall marker. Corporate bricks will start at $150.
    you've got to be fucking kidding! i don't know whether to or
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I'm all for a little memorial, but making people pay for this little girl's death is tacky and just wrong.

People are such ghouls.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Its fucking sick, it what it is. You celebrate a loved one's life, not their death.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Hit By Ban Bus!

So does she serve probation? That story seemed to abruptly end.

I see no need for a memorial. Her burial site is her memorial. She didn't die in the woods. This is crazy. I would rather see a foundation set up to assist young parents who are overwhelmed so they can get support instead of harming their kids.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

ah, but Nancy Grace never once made that a factor, so people's emotions are browbeaten into paying for bricks in the woods instead of programs to help and support drowning single mothers.

Although as devil's advocate, some would argue why should they raise money for that when Casey was a sociopath who never fit that role. She had support, she had grandparents ready to care for Caylee if she wanted to take off for the weekend, she just chose not to for whatever reason and didn't seem to care that Caylee ended up dead.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Most hated person in America? Surprise! Casey Anthony!

August 11, 2011 | 4:27 pm

Who's the most hated person in America? Alas, this a nation with some mommy issues, as a new poll shows mothers Casey Anthony and "Octomom" Nadya Suleman flanking Spencer Pratt, the mother of all reality TV jerks, in a big, juicy "overall dislike" statistical sandwich.
    Anthony topped the list, which make sense given that it was only June when she was found not guilty of the abuse and murder of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee, and America, being America, perhaps needs a few more minutes to heal. Or at least enough time to figure out where Ms. Anthony has club-hopped off to since her release from jail.
    More than half the people surveyed knew of Anthony, and 94% of those who knew of her disliked her. Heck, even the ubiquitous Kim Kardashian felt free to bag on Casey when the not-guilty verdict came down at least until some folks on Twitter brought up some little trial Kimmie's dad was involved with back in the 1990s.
    Ditto in the no-surprises category for No. 3, Octomom, whose ill-behaved and nearly impossible-to-count children reminded America only recently on the "Today" show of the many reasons she should be banned, generally, from the public arena. In case we forgot about the video she did where she was flogging an adult radio personality who was dressed in a baby diaper.
    Less predictable though not surprising: Pratt and O.J., two dudes with staying power, only one of whom has been involved in a double-murder trial. If nothing else, they are clearly woven into the fabric of the uber-loathed, with Simpson popping back on the radar at the end of Anthony's trial, with the help of you got it Kim Kardashian.
    Coming in fifth was heiress Paris Hilton, which was a tad surprising, because the convicted drug offender, boyfriend-slapper and repeat stalker-bait hasn't reproduced or been accused of causing the death of another human being. Heck, she even ended her feud with Kim Kardashian, which has to count for something.
    Though Paris and Spencer do have that irritating reality-TV thing in common. OK, 'nuff said.
    E-Poll Market Research asked the questions in a survey that tracks, among other metrics, public awareness and the appeal of 6,000 celebrities. The goal apparently is to help clients "make informed decisions for endorsements, casting and product development."
    As if all those people considering hiring Casey Anthony, the Octomom, O.J., the "One Night in Paris" star or the hairier half of Speidi as a spokesmodel Why is Larry Flynt the only name that comes to mind? don't already know to think twice?
    Only in America.

Most hated person in America? Surprise! Casey Anthony! - latimes.com

It's getting all Emmanuel Goldstein.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

We should do a most hated poll here, just to see how the results match up.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Judge: Casey Anthony must return for probation - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

Casey Anthony must return to Florida for probation. On again-off again, here we go.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    Judge: Casey Anthony must return for probation - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

Casey Anthony must return to Florida for probation. On again-off again, here we go.
    I thought this was pretty surprising. I was listening to Headline News a week ago, and they were speculating on how Perry would rule on this. One of the guests was a defense attorney, who loudly and very sarcastically stated that the original judge (the one who had to recuse himself, and the one who had originally put in the probation order) had screwed up and that Perry's ruling could only be that Casey Anthony had already served probation. I'd like to see that attorney's smug face now.

I don't see how anybody could be allowed to serve probation while in prison. I thought the whole idea of probation is that you are being slowly integrated back into society and you have to be monitored to ensure that you are making progress. However, it appears that Florida does let people serve probation in prison.

Thread Information