Page 85 of 102 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1527
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

Elite Member

I bet a lot of people will watch because they never had a chance to see Casey on the witness stand. There's no way I will watch--these interviews are always hyped up bullshit where people just say what their lawyers told them to say, anyway.

Because she has given him the best possible free publicity and just increased his payday by millions for years to come.
    The very least he could do.
    Except that the lawyer who supposedly gave her the money left her defense team early on and didn't get any publicity or glory from the verdict.

As for people watching any interview, IDK. Millions watched the O.J. trial, too, way more people than watched or cared about the Anthony trial. And even when about half of America thought he was innocent, O.J. was still almost treated like a leper by the media. Judith Regan got fired and her ass roasted just a few years ago for even scheduling an interview/book with him, and legally he was found not guilty, too.

Almost everyone who cared about the Anthony trial and followed it day to day thought she was guilty and were outraged at the verdict. Those people are not the audience that is going to swallow a soft focus "Casey's side of the story" interview, yet those are the viewers the media wants to bring in. And people obsessed with the case can raise a ruckus, ala Websleuths, and probably make it bad for any advertisers who won't want to be seen supporting the "baby killer."
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

I think I know why there's the stories of the lawyer giving her money.

ABC ready to end chequebook journalism

CBC News
    Posted: Jul 26, 2011 4:27 PM ET

U.S. network ABC says it will no longer pay licensing fees to sources involved in stories.
    The practice of paying sources fees for photos and video in exchange for interviews has come under increasing scrutiny in the past few weeks, as News Corp.'s methods of operation came up for criticism.
    It was revealed the network had paid Casey Anthony $200,000 in 2008 for a picture of her daughter and more recently it paid a woman who had relations with New York congressman Anthony Weiner.
    "It was starting to distract from important work," said ABC spokesman Jeffrey Schneider in a statement Monday.
    "We can book just about anyone based on the strength of our journalism, the excellence of our anchors, correspondents, and producers, and the size of our audience. These licensing deals had become a crutch, and an unnecessary one," he said.
    Ben Sherwood, the new president of ABC News, is said to have made the decision, worried the network's credibility was in jeopardy.
    The network had justified the practice in the past, saying its competitor NBC pays guests.

ABC ready to end chequebook journalism - Arts & Entertainment - CBC News

The money would have gone to her lawyers so the lawyer would just be turning what was left over to her and not shelling out of his own pocket.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Gotta admit, this chick has some big hairy brass ones...I don't think she's particularly news worthy anymore, except from a tabloid perspective.

Just 11 days ago, Casey Anthony walked out of a Florida jail and made a carefully orchestrated escape from the media mob that had followed her throughout her daughter's murder case.
    Now Anthony wants the attention back. According to several media reports, including one from Nancy Grace, Anthony and her team of lawyers are seeking at least $1.5 million from television networks interested in landing her first post-penitentiary interview.
    Networks deny that there's any bidding war afoot for an Anthony interview--though as The Cutline has noted, it's common for networks to sidestep charges of checkbook journalism by paying big licensing fees for permission to use photo or video footage from an interview subject, as ABC did in a six-figure deal for home movies from Jaycee Dugard, who had been held for 18 years as a sexual captive in California. This time out, however, ABC probably wouldn't be among Anthony's pursuers in the event of a media bidding war, since the network recently announced it was retiring the policy of padding licensing-rights deals for interviewees.
    "We can book just about anyone based on the strength of our journalism, the excellence of our anchors, correspondents, and producers, and the size of our audience," ABC spokesman Jeffrey Schneider told Howard Kurtz earlier this week. "These licensing deals had become a crutch, and an unnecessary one."
    Before the change of heart, ABC had long defended what critics call "checkbook journalism." In 2008, the network paid Anthony $200,000 for the rights to photos and videos of her daughter Caylee. And, as The Atlantic Wire noted, ABC initially denied it had paid for rights to the first interview with Dugard, only to have an executive admit to the New York Times that they actually paid "six figures."
    It's unclear if ABC's rivals at NBC or CBS will bite. Reps for those networks did not immediately respond to requests for comments from The Cutline.
    According to Kurtz, ABC executives left the door open to roll back the new no-pay-to-play policy, but only in "an extraordinary circumstance."
    Does the case of Casey Anthony qualify?
    Intense public interest would seem to indicate that it does. Judge Belvin Perry said that due to "the extraordinary circumstances" surrounding the trial, he had the right to delay the names of the jurors becoming public, even though Florida law requires their names to be released.
    On Tuesday, Perry ruled that the names of the jurors will not be released "until sufficient time has passed to allow those enraged by the verdict and who might instinctively react with violence to compose and restrain themselves."
    He also ripped the media for creating a circus-like atmosphere around the trial.
    "It was reported that television ratings for the trial were extraordinary," Perry wrote. "Clearly, the broadcast of an official and serious court proceeding such as this trial where a young girl was dead and her mother faced the death penalty devolved into cheap, soap-opera-like entertainment."

Casey Anthony seeking $1.5 million for interview, but will networks bite? | The Cutline - Yahoo! News
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Someone spent $999,999 on a Casey Anthony mask. Is this for real? It does look like her though.

CASEY ANTHONY LATEX RUBBER MASK EXT. RARE | eBay

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    Someone spent $999,999 on a Casey Anthony mask. Is this for real? It does look like her though.

CASEY ANTHONY LATEX RUBBER MASK EXT. RARE | eBay
    It must be in the wrong currency or something because that mask can't touch the Charlie Sheen mask:

[youtube]ruu9BD2JR44[/youtube]

That is a realistic mask!

That Charlie mask is crazy real! But does it come with his gold crack teefs?

Quote Originally Posted by BBDSP View Post
    I bet a lot of people will watch because they never had a chance to see Casey on the witness stand. There's no way I will watch--these interviews are always hyped up bullshit where people just say what their lawyers told them to say, anyway.
    I wouldn't watch because A). I don't want to feed the machine that's paying her; & B). all she does is lie, so it wouldn't be worth watching anyway, even if she wasn't getting paid.

Casey Anthony ordered back to Orlando in check fraud case

By the CNN Wire Staff
    August 1, 2011 1:08 p.m. EDT

Flynt makes nude pic offer to Casey

(CNN) -- A Florida judge on Monday signed amended court documents mandating that Casey Anthony return to Orlando to serve a year of probation stemming from her check fraud conviction.
    "From my reading of this, she should be reporting to probation in Orlando probably within 72 hours," Orange County Circuit Judge Stan Strickland said in signing the documents, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
    The action came after an apparent misunderstanding in the case.
    Anthony pleaded guilty in January 2010 to felony check fraud charges, admitting she stole a checkbook from her friend Amy Huizenga and wrote five checks totaling $644.25. At the time, defense attorney Jose Baez asked that Anthony be given credit for time served and be placed on probation.
    Strickland apparently intended for the supervised probation to begin after Anthony's release from custody, said Randy Means, spokesman for the Orange County State Attorney's Office. But the order signed by Strickland at the time seemed to indicate it was to run while she was in custody awaiting trial on murder charges in the 2008 death of her daughter Caylee.
    A jury acquitted Anthony of charges in Caylee's death. The 25-year-old Orlando woman was released from jail July 17. Her whereabouts since then have been unknown.
    Means said prosecutors were surprised to receive a letter from the probation office indicating Anthony's probation was completed.
    He said there was a miscommunication between what Strickland said at the sentencing and what the court clerk understood. The clerk thought the probation and Anthony's time in custody were to run concurrently.
    The documents were amended Monday to add the words "upon release" to Anthony's sentencing documents, the Sentinel said.
    Orange County prosecutors will not take a position on whether Anthony should serve probation, Means said, adding the issue is between Strickland, Orange County Chief Judge Belvin Perry Jr. -- who presided over Anthony's murder trial -- the probation department and the clerk's office.
    "We don't think we have jurisdiction. The court is the sentencer, and if they think it (sentencing) was not followed, they can do something," Means said. "Our position is to leave it up to the court."
    A Department of Corrections spokeswoman told CNN affiliate WESH that Anthony must report to Orange County within 72 hours. "We are moving forward to make sure she is following the judge's orders," Gretl Plessinger said.
    Anthony's defense attorneys may challenge the move and claim Anthony should not have to serve probation because she already did while in custody, according to the Orlando Sentinel.
    Means said the defense would have a strong argument to have the amended sentencing order declared invalid on grounds of double jeopardy. It would be unconstitutional to have Anthony serve another year of probation if technically she already served it while in jail, he said.
    Perry has indicated he wants to meet with officials from the Department of Corrections to go over what happened and "make corrections." Means said he does not know what that means, and knew of no pending hearings regarding the issue.
    Strickland recused himself from the Anthony case in April 2010 after the defense claimed he was biased against her. At Anthony's sentencing on the check fraud charges, she was ordered to have no contact with Huizenga, who testified against her during her murder trial.
    At her sentencing for the check fraud charges last year, Anthony said, "I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm sorry for what I did. I take complete and full responsibility for my actions, and I'd like to apologize to Amy. I wish I'd been a better friend."

Casey Anthony ordered back to Orlando in check fraud case - CNN.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Ooooo, damn. No way she will survive now.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I bet the lynch mobs are organizing as we speak, er,..post.

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I bet the lynch mobs are organizing as we speak, er,..post.

I hope so.

fgg

Casey Anthony Faces 'Great Peril' in Orlando, Says Lawyer

It's not safe at home in Florida for Casey Anthony, her attorney argued Tuesday.

Anthony, 25, went into hiding when she was released from jail July 17 after being acquitted of murder in the death of her daughter Caylee.

But a judge on Monday ordered her to report within three days to Orlando to serve out probation in another case.

Last year, she admitted to fraudulently using her best friend's checks to buy more than $400 worth of clothes and groceries in the month after the disappearance of 2-year-old Caylee.

"Any requirement that she return to Orange County (would) put her in great peril, as well as impose a significant cost to taxpayers in securing her safety," say papers filed by her lawyer Cheney Mason.

Mason also argued that Anthony had already served out her probation while in jail in the murder case and that the judge in the check-fraud case made a number of technical errors in his order.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Mason also argued that Anthony had already served out her probation while in jail in the murder case and that the judge in the check-fraud case made a number of technical errors in his order.
    How do you serve probation while you are in prison? Isn't the point of probation to show how you can behave yourself once re-integrated into society?

Thread Information