Page 78 of 102 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1527
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

^^I hadn't heard that. How did they get to nonguilty so quickly then?
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

fgg

the 2 swayed the 10 that quickly? i'd have rather had a hung jury and then go through it all again.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    How do you know that they didn't? Also people with similar names to jurors are being threatened.
    Yea, that ain't cool....

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    ^^I hadn't heard that. How did they get to nonguilty so quickly then?
    I guess the Nots were very convincing and the others were idiots or easily swayed? Idk. But it's still so crazy to me not one of them hung. Nuts.

How do people know the jurors named if they haven't been released? I only remember one chick doing an interview thus far on tv.

all it takes is rumour.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Yea, a neighbor disappears for 6 weeks and you'd certainly know at work.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

I saw on the news that county has a 95% conviction rate.

^ At trials, or overall with plea bargains? Nevermind- I googled

Lamar's trial record doesn't seem to be so hot:

State Attorney Lawson Lamar has one of the lowest conviction rates in Florida. The most recent state data for a 6-month period reveals an alarmingly poor performance: More than half of all criminal defendants were set free, either acquitted by juries or their cases thrown out for lack of evidence or because of some error or technicality.

Of 197 felony prosecutions during that period in Lamar’s two-county district, only 89 cases resulted in jury convictions.

Most urban areas across the U.S., including metro Chicago, report conviction rates in the 80 to 90 percent range. Some jurisdictions hit the mid- to upper 90 percent conviction rate. Around here, a prosecutor with dismal conviction statistics wouldn’t last long.

But Lamar, a former Orange County, Fla. sheriff, has been re-elected six times — most of them with no opposition at all.

“Our job isn’t to win; our job is to do justice,” Bill Vose, Lamar’s chief assistant state attorney, said a few years ago in a newspaper report that examined the low rate of convictions.
    Mr. Lamar has said that questions about his conviction rate are “cheap shots.” He contends any prosecutor could have a 95 percent conviction rate if they took on only winning cases.

“If you are not losing some cases, you are not going to trial for the right reasons” — that’s what Lamar says he tells assistant state attorneys in his office.

After losing the Casey Anthony case, he must be very proud of them.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; July 12th, 2011 at 03:39 PM.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Default Casey Anthony Prepares for Freedom: Name Change, Makeover?

Casey Anthony is scheduled to get out of jail tomorrow. What is she doing to get ready? An anonymously sourced report in the Chicago Sun-Times says she's working on aliases and disguises:
    The mother of the slain Caylee reportedly is considering various disguises she can easily employ—to realistically alter her appearance. "There even have been discussions about cosmetic surgery, but Casey has rejected that out of hand," said the Anthony insider, who says she believes "Casey really does not completely understand the depth of hatred out there.
    Once Anthony reaches the still-secret location where she will live (known to a handful of people—but not my source) she is expected to live under a pseudonym, "almost as if she was living in a witness protection-like program," to avoid being harassed.
    Since the mere mention of Casey's name has been known to incite violence and anger the gods, this is probably a good idea, from a public safety point of view.

It will also be helpful next time you need to destroy someone with a vicious rumor about her past. "Not only did my new roommate steal my rice pudding from the fridge, but I saw her old driver's license, and I'm pretty sure it said 'Casey Anthony.'"

Casey Anthony Prepares for Freedom: Name Change, Makeover?
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Casey Anthony is scheduled to get out of jail tomorrow. What is she doing to get ready? An anonymously sourced report in the Chicago Sun-Times says she's working on aliases and disguises:
    The mother of the slain Caylee reportedly is considering various disguises she can easily employ—to realistically alter her appearance. "There even have been discussions about cosmetic surgery, but Casey has rejected that out of hand," said the Anthony insider, who says she believes "Casey really does not completely understand the depth of hatred out there.
    Once Anthony reaches the still-secret location where she will live (known to a handful of people—but not my source) she is expected to live under a pseudonym, "almost as if she was living in a witness protection-like program," to avoid being harassed.
    Since the mere mention of Casey's name has been known to incite violence and anger the gods, this is probably a good idea, from a public safety point of view.

It will also be helpful next time you need to destroy someone with a vicious rumor about her past. "Not only did my new roommate steal my rice pudding from the fridge, but I saw her old driver's license, and I'm pretty sure it said 'Casey Anthony.'"

Casey Anthony Prepares for Freedom: Name Change, Makeover?

Brilliant. I am so doing that to the bitch that gobbled my chips at work
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    live (known to a handful of people—but not my source) she is expected to live under a pseudonym, "almost as if she was living in a witness protection-like program," to avoid being harassed.
    Why you hiding, bitch? If you didn't do anything wrong and had the balls to party your eyes off while your little girl was nowhere to be found, why are you going to hide now behind and in an undisclosed location?

I hope someone punches her in the face.

Yeah, so in other kick-to-the-crotch news:
    Report: Florida won't prosecute Anthony's mom
    Sheriff said she may have lied about computer search for chloroform

ORLANDO, Fla. — Casey Anthony's mother Cindy will not face criminal perjury charges, a spokeswoman for the Florida District Attorney's Office told NBC station WESH on Tuesday.

The word came hours after a Florida sheriff told reporters that perjury charges were possible for Cindy Anthony's testimony during her daughter's murder trial. He also said, however, it was up to the state to decide whether to press charges.

Orange County Sheriff Jerry Demings said that Cindy Anthony may have lied on the witness stand when she was testifying about who searched for chloroform on the family computer. Cindy Anthony initially told police she did not search for chloroform, but at the trial she said she did.
    The sheriff also revealed that authorities are investigating a witness tampering allegation. He would not elaborate.
    He spoke to reporters during a wide-ranging news conference a week after Casey Anthony was acquitted of murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee Anthony.

Police also said Casey Anthony's story that a nanny had taken her missing daughter sent investigators on a wild goose chase that sucked away vital police resources and inhibited the search for the girl's body.

Behind a huge blown-up picture of Caylee Anthony, police investigators said that early in the investigation they stayed focus on the whereabouts of the toddler. They said they followed up on more than 6,000 tips, including reports that the girl had been spotted alive.
    Police later learned that the nanny, whom Casey identified as Zenaida Gonzalez, was completely made up. Her defense lawyer conceded during the trial that the story was fictional.

A utility worker found the girl's body on Dec. 11, 2008, in woods near where she lived with her mother and grandparents.

At trial, Casey Anthony's defense lawyers said the girl had drowned in a backyard swimming pool and that her father had helped dispose of the body. The story didn't surprise investigators.

"We knew they had to come up with something," said Orange County detective Yuri Melich.
    Anthony was acquitted last week of first-degree murder and other major charges involving the death of her Caylee.
    She was convicted on four counts of lying to law enforcement and sentenced to four years in jail. She has been credited for time served and good behavior and is scheduled for release Sunday.

On Monday, one of Casey Anthony's defense lawyers said he's worried about her safety once she's released from jail.

Cheney Mason told the NBC's "Today" show that he doesn't know where Anthony will go when she's freed jail. He said she would need time and counseling to re-enter society after being jailed for nearly three years before and during her high-profile trial.

Mason said Anthony's relations with her parents were "pretty well burned" after the trial, where her defense team contended she was sexually abused by her father. Her father, George Anthony, denied the claims.

Jail records show Casey Anthony refused a visit Friday from her mother, Cindy Anthony.

Report: Fla. won't prosecute Anthony's mom - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com

That doesn't mean they didn't talk about it though. What if they all started off in agreement as to how they felt regarding guilt? How long should a jury normally hash out details?
    The jurors shouldn't "start off in agreement" as to guilt or innocence when entering the jury room. Starting from when they're chosen continuing through every day of the trial, the judge tells the jury each day that they are not supposed to talk even amongst each other about the case. Jurors are chosen based on their express statements that they can be open-minded and will not make any conclusions about the case until all the evidence and testimony is heard and the judge releases them for deliberations. An ideal jury is supposed to go into deliberations with an open mind and at THAT point review the evidence, debate, discuss, etc.

That's why it's so infuriating that apparently the jurors were discussing the case throughout the trial (the alternate jurors are not part of deliberations and yet the alternate spoke about discussion amongst the jury) because that is expressly against their instructions. The jury foreman was interviewed in disguise on one of the morning shows today and he basically made it sound like the jury tuned out everything after the defense's opening because they didn't like George Anthony, and thought he was "suspicious" and if anybody killed Caylee, the jury thought he did (though the foreman also claimed that the jury didn't feel that there was any proof Caylee was murdered, so basically he's talking out of his ass). That made me so angry because a) opening arguments aren't evidence and b) George Anthony wasn't on trial. They were there only to judge Casey and were supposed to listen to the evidence and testimony.

Some of the reporters who attended the trial said that the jurors seemed very disinterested, especially during the state's case. They barely took notes, yawned, stretched, stared off into space and didn't look at exhibits as they were entered, a couple even appeared to doze off, etc.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post

Some of the reporters who attended the trial said that the jurors seemed very disinterested, especially during the state's case. They barely took notes, yawned, stretched, stared off into space and didn't look at exhibits as they were entered, a couple even appeared to doze off, etc.
    I don't like the idea that the jury didn't review the evidence during deliberations and only took 11 hours, but do we really think that an entire jury -- all twelve plus aternates -- just didn't give a shit? Yeah maybe one or two milght have trouble staying awake or a few might want to bend the rules and discuss the case, but the entire jury??

If that's true something is very fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Why you hiding, bitch? If you didn't do anything wrong
    because people are threatening her

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Thread Information