Page 73 of 102 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1527
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    It's not a secret. You get a jury of your peers. Most people are stupid assholes, ergo jurors are mostly stupid assholes.

This case is more about the prosecution failing than the jurors being incorrect. The state couldn't make it's case, period. They had burden of proof, and Anthony had presumption of innocence.
    this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I think the fact that they couldn't prove cause of death is the real problem. Can't prove that Caylee was murdered, tho common sense tells us otherwise.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

fgg

Casey Anthony Verdict Spurs a New 'Caylee's Law'

Four states – New York, Florida, Oklahoma and West Virginia – have put the wheels in motion to enact what is being called "Caylee's Law." It's legislation that would force parents and guardians to report missing children within the first 24 hours of their disappearance.

Three more states are reported to be following suit.

The proposals follow the public outrage over the acquittal of Casey Anthony, who waited a month before informing authorities that her 2-year-old daughter was missing. The delay hampered the search and was said to have affected the condition of her remains.

After Tuesday's Anthony verdict – which cleared her of any culpability for Caylee's death but found her guilty of lying to investigators – an online petition for Caylee's Law went viral on the site Change.org.

Within days, nearly half a million signatures were collected.

Inspired by a flood of emails he received from constituents, Pennsylvania State Sen. Larry Farnese (D., Phila.), told the Philadelphia Inquirer he intends to introduce a bill that would deliver stiff penalties for those who conceal a child's death and create a new offense of "neglecting to report a missing child," said Farnese.

In Anthony's home state of Florida, a similar law is being drafted by Representative Bill Hager.

In Oklahoma, Rep. Paul Wesselhoft said of his state's proposed legislation, "It probably won't be a deterrent to crime, but at least it's something the prosecutors can charge someone with who's violated the law. If this law was in Florida, Casey would have some more jail time to stand."
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

DAP

Girlie is getting back in jail for 4 years for lying to the police.

i'm always wary of laws created in the aftermath of public outrage. nothing good comes of emotional legislating. and it won't change what happened with casey anthony.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by DAP View Post
    Girlie is getting back in jail for 4 years for lying to the police.
    i think you are a bit behind...she's getting out next thursday, july 14th.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i'm always wary of laws created in the aftermath of public outrage. nothing good comes of emotional legislating. and it won't change what happened with casey anthony.
    I think you're right. And this law, while well-intended, is a bit of an overreach only because how do you prove when a parent knows that a child is missing? In Casey's case, this law would have possibly violated her right against self-incrimination. 'Excuse me Mr./Ms. Police Person, I don't want to be in violation of Caylee's law, so I just wanted to let you know I offed my kid 23 hours ago. So we're good right?'
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Will they sneak her out next Wednesday or will she want all the attention and walk out the front door for all the world to see?
    I believe that she will be attacked within the next few months. Maybe even killed. Oh well.

They will prob provide her heavy security and take her to an "undisclosed" location. Her lawyers all said they fear for her safety.

I wonder if Caylee did, too.

She and Baez need to find a deserted island together and move there.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

In Oklahoma, Rep. Paul Wesselhoft said of his state's proposed legislation, "It probably won't be a deterrent to crime, but at least it's something the prosecutors can charge someone with who's violated the law. If this law was in Florida, Casey would have some more jail time to stand."
    And that's really the issue with this proposed law. People are unhappy with the result of this case, so they want a knee jerk quick fix. They wish there was a law to try her again, but they can't have that, so they'll settle for this and feel like they really made a difference.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

denisleary

If my mom knew she coulda duct-taped us to death and only done 4 years I wouldnt be tweeting this right now.
    about 1 hour ago via WhoSay
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    denisleary

If my mom knew she coulda duct-taped us to death and only done 4 years I wouldnt be tweeting this right now.
    about 1 hour ago via WhoSay
    Vouch!

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    And that's really the issue with this proposed law. People are unhappy with the result of this case, so they want a knee jerk quick fix. They wish there was a law to try her again, but they can't have that, so they'll settle for this and feel like they really made a difference.
    this. people are stoopid.

Casey Anthony Rejects Jailhouse Visit From Her Mother - ABC News

Gee Cindy, you lied for this bitch and she STILL won't talk to you!
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Thread Information