Page 69 of 102 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1527
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Has Nancy Grace had a coronary yet?

That's the only thing to look forward to in this fuckery.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I've signed the "Caylee's Law" petition. Linked thru Facebook (there's a FB page for it). This entire situation is literally sickening. Karma WILL catch up with them, but it can't happen soon enough for most of us.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    Has Nancy Grace had a coronary yet?
    *crosses fingers*

Everytme she glances down in court I wonder to myself, what is she thinking? "I just got away with the perfect crime."

Baez was interviewed by Barbara Walters last night. She asked him "How did Caylee drown? Did she fall in, etc?" He responded that "Well it has always been the prosecutions contention that she... " ...xyz and did not say jack sh*t about the drowning.

Then she asked him some other things and he basically did not answer any of her questions, citing client-attorney privilege, and failing to mention any of his theories/reasons for them. Not even post-trial.

I hope one day the massive guilt of what she has done hits her like a ton of bricks and overcomes her in such a fashion that it kills her inside and makes her feel so distraught/paralyzed and traumatizes her beyond words.

fgg

Court: Casey Anthony to be released July 13

Judge imposes four-year sentence for lying to investigators, but credit for time served and good behavior enables early release

ORLANDO ó Casey Anthony was sentenced to four years in jail Thursday for lying to investigators, but she will be released July 13 due to credit for time served and good behavior, the court said.

Anthony, 25, was found guilty of four counts of lying to investigators and sentenced to a year in prison for each count. She was also fined $1,000 on each count.

Judge Belvin Perry, while giving her the maximum sentence, said Anthony would be able to get out early because she has already served nearly three years in jail and has had good behavior.

While acquitted of the most serious charges, including the murder of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee, Anthony was found guilty of lying to detectives trying to find her daughter in July 2008.

She lied to them about working at the Universal Studios theme park, about leaving her daughter with a non-existent nanny named Zanny, about leaving the girl with friends and about receiving a phone call from her.

Her defense attorneys argued before sentencing that her convictions should be combined into one, but the judge disagreed.

Living with her parents

At the time of the girl's disappearance in June 2008, Anthony, a single mother, and Caylee were living with Anthony's parents, George and Cindy Anthony, in suburban Orlando. No one has come forward as the child's father.

Prosecutors contended Anthony, then 22, suffocated Caylee with duct tape because she was interfering with her desire to be with her boyfriend and party with her friends.

Defense attorneys countered that the toddler accidentally drowned in the family swimming pool. They said that when Anthony panicked, her father, a former police officer, decided to make the death look like a murder. They said he put duct tape on the girl's mouth and then dumped the body in woods about a quarter-mile away.

The defense said Anthony's apparent carefree life hid emotional distress caused by sexual abuse from her father. Her father firmly denied both the cover-up and abuse claims. The prosecution called those claims absurd, and said no one makes an accident look like a murder.

Anthony stopped staying at the family house after the girl disappeared. She told her mother by phone that she and Caylee were spending time with friends. When Cindy Anthony asked to see Caylee, she says her daughter told her a series of lies: that they were in Jacksonville with a rich boyfriend Anthony concocted; that Caylee was with Zanny; that Zanny had been in a car crash and they were spending time with her in the hospital.

In mid-July 2008, Cindy and George Anthony were contacted by a towing yard that their daughter's car had been impounded for being abandoned and would be junked if not claimed. When George Anthony picked it up, he and the tow yard manager said it had the overwhelming stench of human decomposition. The defense said the smell was caused by a bag of trash that was in the trunk.

In one of the biggest and most important fights of the six-week trial, a prosecution scientist said the trunk contained air molecules consistent with a human body having decomposed there ó but the defense questioned his methods and said they were unproven.

One juror weighs in

Jurors declined to talk with reporters immediately after Tuesday's verdict. But juror Jennifer Ford told ABC News in an interview that it was because "we were sick to our stomach to get that verdict."

"We were crying and not just the women," Ford said in an interview posted on the network's website Wednesday night. "It was emotional and we weren't ready."

Ford, a 32-year-old nursing student, said the case was a troubling one.

"I did not say she was innocent," Ford said. "I just said there was not enough evidence. If you cannot prove what the crime was, you cannot determine what the punishment should be."

The prosecution didn't paint a clear enough picture of what happened to Caylee, Ford argued in a portion of the interview broadcast Wednesday night.

As the sentencing was announced, Flora Reece, an Orlando real estate broker, stood outside the courthouse holding a sign that read "Arrest the Jury."

"At least she won't get to pop the champagne cork tonight," Reece said of the judge's decision to keep Anthony in jail for now.

The crowd of a few dozen emotionally charged protesters occasionally chanted "justice for Caylee." A handful of Case Anthony supporters also stood outside the courthouse, separate from her angry detractors.

Earlier, police told NBC News that Anthony's family has received death threats.

Police were at the Anthony family's home on Wednesday, one day after the verdict, NBC reported. Authorities would not release details about the threats, but George and Cindy Anthonyís attorney, Mark Lippman, addressed them on TODAY.

"Some of them are potentially valid; most of them are from people emailing their feelings and just saying, you know, 'I hope youíre all dead,'" he said. "If itís coming from Nebraska, I donít consider it a major-level threat, but if itís from somebody whoís in Orlando, obviously we have to have more concern."

Put her in general population until next Wednesday. I bet the fucking hooker can't wait to get back into da' clubs.

Casey Anthony to be released July 13

Justice for Caylee indeed

fgg

Casey Anthony's Lawyer FLIPS OUT
    30 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Casey Anthony's defense lawyer had one hell of a message for reporters and spectators Tuesday ... in the form of an extended middle finger.

Attorney Cheney Mason -- who worked alongside Jose Baez -- shot the bird to a crowd outside an Orlando restaurant Tuesday while celebrating the not guilty verdict with the rest of his team.

Now, an official COMPLAINT has been filed against Mason with the Florida Bar Association because of the finger ... in which Cheney is accused of violating a code of conduct which requires lawyers to maintain "integrity of the profession."

So far, Mason has refused to comment on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Everytme she glances down in court I wonder to myself, what is she thinking? "I just got away with the perfect crime."

Baez was interviewed by Barbara Walters last night. She asked him "How did Caylee drown? Did she fall in, etc?" He responded that "Well it has always been the prosecutions contention that she... " ...xyz and did not say jack sh*t about the drowning.

Then she asked him some other things and he basically did not answer any of her questions, citing client-attorney privilege, and failing to mention any of his theories/reasons for them. Not even post-trial.

I hope one day the massive guilt of what she has done hits her like a ton of bricks and overcomes her in such a fashion that it kills her inside and makes her feel so distraught/paralyzed and traumatizes her beyond words.

It will never happen. This bitch is a sociopath,has no conscience and only cares about herself. She is free in every sense of the word now since the state of Florida found 12 of the biggest dumbasses on the planet to complete her jury,and she no longer has Caylee to worry about. It's hot body contests,partying at the da club,and fucking her way through Orlando on the horizon for this skeezer.

Oh no. Casey will never feel guilty. She'll probably always feel superior for being able to get away with murder. I'm hoping that Cindy Anthony feels guilty. I would love to be a fly on the wall on that house for the aftermath. Where do you go when you've gotten away with murder and everyone knows it? OJ had his supporters but even then he was considered a pariah.

OT/ Marcia Clark is weighing in on the Today show. I didn't even recognize her. Her face is so pulled and plumped.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    Casey Anthony's Lawyer FLIPS OUT
    30 minutes ago by TMZ Staff

Casey Anthony's defense lawyer had one hell of a message for reporters and spectators Tuesday ... in the form of an extended middle finger.

Attorney Cheney Mason -- who worked alongside Jose Baez -- shot the bird to a crowd outside an Orlando restaurant Tuesday while celebrating the not guilty verdict with the rest of his team.

Now, an official COMPLAINT has been filed against Mason with the Florida Bar Association because of the finger ... in which Cheney is accused of violating a code of conduct which requires lawyers to maintain "integrity of the profession."

So far, Mason has refused to comment on the situation.
    Here is a picture of it.

^ what a scumbag.

July 13th - she walks & I disagree w/giving her security as she goes free. Don't waste another dollar on this bitch. Let her fend for herself.

God that sucks.

eta:
    Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Look at the smug on Cindy's face.

from CDAN

I don't get it, did she jsut decide to save her child because she lost her grandchild? I DON"T FUCKING GET IT.
    The Anthony's won't last long. My guess is Cindy will let her lovely daughter move in & GA will move out b/c what father could be around a daughter that said such awful ugly things about him to free herself.

I hate that they know Cindy lied, they proved it, and nothing will be done. Last night on Dr Drew he read a statement from the jail & it said something like they are looking forward to being Anthony free. lol

Yeah Cindy definitely lied on the stand.

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    OT/ Marcia Clark is weighing in on the Today show. I didn't even recognize her. Her face is so pulled and plumped.
    Really? I think she looks better now than she did back in OJ trial days.

I hadn't heard that she will be getting any protection after being released. Who is paying for that and how long are they protecting her?

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post

Really? I think she looks better now than she did back in OJ trial days.
    She looked wrecked during the OJ trial. Now she looks fresher but very plastic imo. She reminded me of Joan Rivers with the plumped out cheeks. She's way less wrinkled though.

I would want to move out of Florida if I were an Anthony. Anywhere Casey goes, she's going to be known. She'll be living in her own kind of jail on the outside. I doubt things are going to be the same for her as before this all happened.

Thread Information