Page 67 of 102 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1527
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

Casey Anthony Juror: Jury Sick to Stomach Over Not Guilty Verdict - ABC News

"I'm not saying I believe the defense," she said. "Obviously, it wasn't proven so I'm not taking that and speculating at all. But it's easier for me logically to get from point A to point B" via the defense argument."

WHAT?! The defense wanted them to believe Casey was molested and Caylee drowned in the pool and George was complicit in a cover-up— how the fuck is that more logical than no one knew where Caylee was for 31 days as her mother partied her ass off and lied to anyone who asked? The defense didn't bother with logic at all, they just kept throwing enough shit at the wall until something stuck.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

The defense also didn't even make that argument. What point A to point B is the juror talking about? Baez threw out the claim of sexual abuse in the opening argument, then offered nothing, not even Casey's allegations, to back it up. He implied that Casey's pathological lying was due to sexual abuse, but not only didn't offer up any evidence but also didn't put any psychologist on the stand (which he could have) to explain how that could make someone a pathological liar and party while their kid went missing. He mentioned the pool story in opening but then didn't even present it.

So basically, the juror is saying that it's easier to believe a toddler drowned in the pool under her mother's watch and the mother, instead of calling 911 or even any friends and family, decided to toss the kid in some trash bags, throw her in the trunk or her car and then go rent movies with her boyfriend right after, then procced to party it up for over a month while concocting elaborate lies to cover for their kid's disappearance. THAT is easier to believe in that dumbass juror's mind than Casey killing her kid.

I weep for the kids of any of those jurors. How can you be a parent yourself and hear that scenario and think, "Oh, yep, I can relate - if my died I think that's what I'd do. Can't mourn forever, you know!"
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    Does anybody have a credible source for this? Casey once told a friend that she could score some xanax but is the Caylee/nanny connection anything more than internet speculation?
    I haven't found one. Sounds like gossip to me. Probably, whoever Casey said this to doesn't want to implicate themselves. Anyway, I can see the supposed quote going either way - the Xanax could be called My Xanny by Casey with the nanny business attached later by a fanciful storyteller.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    . The sexual abuse thing was disallowed by the judge, so the jurors should not have even considered it. No evidence or testimony was offered as to the drowning theory (which the defense basically dropped in its closing anyway) so the jury should not have considered it
    The jury was never ordered not to consider the drowning a viable alternative theory of Caylee's death. The drowning theory was just as viable as anything the prosecution presented.

No one could say how Caylee was killed. No one. So wild theories were offered.

It sounds to me that the jurors did not take the case seriously and made several errors, which is NOT how the judicial system is supposed to work. A little girl died and an indifferent jury that couldn't be bothered to work is no justice.
    Don't blame the jury for a bad prosecution. That's so lazy. They couldn't help it if the DA couldn't make a case and decided to attach the DP to a manslaughter (at best) case.

I think the jury took the case very seriously. I'm impressed that they didn't fall victim to public sentiment and realized that you simply can't put a person to death over Google searches and Hot Bod contests.

Kudos to them!

That one juror should rot in hell - he has two little daughters, eh? They should probably watch their back since apparently Daddy doesn't think there's anything wrong with partying after one's daughter is killed and thrown away like trash. And now he wants to profit over a dead little girl, to boot.
    Where did he say he was "okay with that"? He didn't.

Please.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Trying to watch the sentencing at work but the computer keeps stopping!
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

^ It's just a lot of talk right now from Casey's lawyers. .. still waiting for sentencing. Her attorneys are asking that she be only sentenced to 1 count of 4.

Go on orlandosentinel.com

Thank's I'll try.

i.e. They're saying (IMO) that she should be sentenced for telling one big fat fucking lie instead of 4 separate ones.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

fgg

^isn't it too late for that since she's been found guilty on four separate charges?

^They're claiming double jeapardy and all that shit.

The defense is saying that because the four charges came from the same police interview that charging her four times for separate lies in the same interview constitutes double jeopardy.

- Mark Twain

Now that state is saying it should be viewed as 4 separate incidents since in sex. assault/battery cases, each act that happens in one continuous assault is viewed as a different charge (i.e. sodomy, rape, penetration, hitting/etc). Not to mention they had to investigate each lie (her "employment" at Universal, Zanny the Nanny's existence/home, the phone call she claimed Caylee made to her, etc).

Judge is siding with the state on this one - they are four separate lies (Zanny the Nanny, Universal Studios employment etc), not one big whopper. Yay, Judge. Now let's throw what book is available at her.

- Mark Twain

fgg

4 years, $4,000 with credit for time served? load of crap.

Yay. Judge sentenced her consecutively on each count to a year. I knew it!

Thread Information