Page 65 of 102 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

I swear I will boycott anything and anyone in the media or anywhere else that gives this bitch the time of day or even a single penny when she gets out.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Ok reading over the FL definition for manslaughter, I am unsure of how she wasn't at least convicted on that, even moreso than the damn aggravated child abuse/neglect.

Manslaughter:

In Florida...

the killing of a human being by the act, procurement, or culpable negligence of another, without lawful justification..., is manslaughter, a felony of the second degree." This is the definition currently used in Florida based on a decision of the Florida Supreme Court.

There has been quite a bit of discussion of how to differentiate manslaughter from first and second degree murder, but what it comes down to is this: if something you do causes someone else to die, if something you get someone else to do causes someone to die, or if you do something stupid (or fail to do something smart) that common sense would tell you would create dangerous situation and could cause someone to die and someone does die, you have committed manslaughter
    The difficulty comes with the fact that juries are often confused as to the difference between first degree murder (premeditation), second degree murder (evil intent) and manslaughter (intent to cause death). The key is that manslaughter is death to another due to reckless disregard of human life. A person may not have intended anyone to die but they didn’t care if they caused a situation where someone might die, and someone did in fact die.

In order to convict someone of manslaughter by intentional act, it is not necessary for the State to prove that the defendant had a premeditated intent to cause death. A conviction for manslaughter by act does not require an intent to kill but only an intentional act that causes the death of the victim

First degree murder implies that someone thought about causing the death of another and went to where that person was and caused them to die by either their action or inaction. Second degree murder means that someone does something on purpose that could cause someone to die, knowing that it could cause someone to die, and someone does die. Manslaughter means that someone does something on purpose that could cause someone to die without thinking of that possibility and someone dies.

***Ok, so no matter how you slice it her INACTION under BOTH the state's theory (leaving baby with Zanny the nanny w/o supervising her leading her to be kidnapped & found dead later in the woods) and not reported it for 31 days) and the defense's theory (not being around with babygirl drowned and was found later by George--her NOT being by the pool when it happened, helping/knowing that the "drowning" was being covered up and NOT reporting it for 31 days)

BOTH fit the bill for manslaughter.

Omg. This is so sick.

Ahh! Maybe she'll be out at da club this weekend searching for new dick.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    I swear I will boycott anything and anyone in the media or anywhere else that gives this bitch the time of day or even a single penny when she gets out.
    Boy do I second that!!

I am unsure of how she wasn't at least convicted on that, even moreso than the damn aggravated child abuse/neglect.
    Wouldn't not reporting that she was missing for 31 days constitute neglect?

Ahh! Maybe she'll be out at da club this weekend searching for new dick.
    I so would not be surprised.

The talky alternate juror said that one of the reasons that the verdict was as such was because the prosecution failed to show motivation. I know we talked about that earlier, so just throwing that out there fwiw.

I've thought about the motivation. People have come forward and described Casey as a devoted mom at first. I haven't heard as much praise about her when Caylee was older. In my experience, certain women who like a lot of attention also like being pregnant & having infants. Casey's pregnancy was unwanted so that doesn't really count, but the mom of a cute infant does get attention,and often help. Not so much later.

Jesse Grund said that Casey broke off their 5 month engagement because she said that he loved Caylee more than her. Cindy wrote on her myspace that Casey took Caylee away due to jealousy, because Caylee was more loved and got more attention.

Jesse said that Casey was a homebody in the beginning. She probably didn't want to get back in the clubs until she had her pre-pregnancy body back.

My opinion re: motivation:

* Casey got tired of being at home and was ready to get back to socializing
    * Casey wanted male attention for herself, not Caylee. A guy who wanted Casey alone would be put off by a toddler
    * Caylee was becoming a person in her own right and was no longer a cute extension of Casey
    * Caylee was a financial & logistical burden
    * Casey perceived that she had been displaced by Caylee in the affections of her boyfriend & family
    * Caylee was on the verge of being able to tell people what was really going on in her life
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    Wouldn't not reporting that she was missing for 31 days constitute neglect?
    That's what I am saying!!! It's her INACTION and the fact she STILL cannot explain what happened to her daughter logically. Manslaughter--everything she DID and claims to have done and her defense claims happened fit the definition of manslaughter. Oh man it's sick.

Can Judge Perry throw all 4 years on her consecutively even w/ her time served?

What was the Anthony family's statement post-trial?

I have no idea what giant bowl of anti-fiber the jury had to eat for them not to see any 'motivation'... AAAAARRRGGGHHH!!! And to feel more akin to that swarmy dick, Baez' case. Maddening!

I know you're supposed to respect juries, but these'n seem like a bunch of idiots.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobelia View Post
    The talky alternate juror said that one of the reasons that the verdict was as such was because the prosecution failed to show motivation. I know we talked about that earlier, so just throwing that out there fwiw.

I've thought about the motivation. People have come forward and described Casey as a devoted mom at first. I haven't heard as much praise about her when Caylee was older. In my experience, certain women who like a lot of attention also like being pregnant & having infants. Casey's pregnancy was unwanted so that doesn't really count, but the mom of a cute infant does get attention,and often help. Not so much later.

Jesse Grund said that Casey broke off their 5 month engagement because she said that he loved Caylee more than her. Cindy wrote on her myspace that Casey took Caylee away due to jealousy, because Caylee was more loved and got more attention.

Jesse said that Casey was a homebody in the beginning. She probably didn't want to get back in the clubs until she had her pre-pregnancy body back.

My opinion re: motivation:

* Casey wanted male attention for herself, not Caylee. A guy who wanted Casey alone would be put off by a toddler
    * Caylee was becoming a person in her own right and was no longer a cute extension of Casey
    * Casey perceived that she had been displaced by Caylee in the affections of her boyfriend & family
    * Caylee was on the verge of being able to tell people what was really going on in her life
    This all makes sense to me BUT was this presented to the jury? Not just the facts, but the theory of motivation?

It seems as people here were watching and commenting, lack of motive kept coming up, so I'm assuming the prosecution didn't make the above arguments, but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    'Team Casey' gives America the finger: How defence celebrated win with champagne, dances and hugs all round:

Casey Anthony trial: Jose Baez and defence team celebrate with 'champagne party' | Mail Online

Bull-fucking-shit.
    Shee-yit, even sounds like what the OJ jury did afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    Unfortunately you know how these things go. The teary eyed 'exclusive' interview on People Magazine as well as 60 minutes about how she was the victim in all of this. Book deals, interviews, you name it, never over estimate the integrity of the media.

Bling bling!

^ Thats good because I doubt anyone will hire her anywhere.

Yes I agree with all that. I also think she killed Caylee instead of handing her over to her mother to raise to spite her mother. I got the impression that mother and daughter had an acrimonious relationship, probably compounded by the fact that Cindy was on her back about Caylee. So I think she killed Caylee out of spite as well. She'd rather have her dead than let her mother have her, or in other words, win.

I'm finding it hard to believe that anyone could just listen to the bullshit excuses for why this child was not reported missing for 31 days and let her totally off the hook. I agree that 1st degree murder should have been off the table but no manslaughter or child abuse. I don't have to respect anyone till they've earned it and this jury was a bunch of idiots IMO waiting for the CSI team to come in and lock up all the evidence.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

^ That's what I think. Furrreals? Out of 12, not ONE of them at least voted manslaughter or child abuse? Fuckity fuck.

Oh and I had to watch Nancy Grace last night. I was surprised at how very calm she was. It was insane.

My bet is Cindy and George will get a divorce. Through their attorney they both said "We do not agree with Casey's baseless defense."

What is her relationship gonna be like with her brother Lee now? And her dad George? WTF???

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    I have no idea what giant bowl of anti-fiber the jury had to eat for them not to see any 'motivation'... AAAAARRRGGGHHH!!!
    Dean, is that a baseball bat in your avvie? Can we nominate you to come out full swinging at her when she walks out of jail?

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    Yes I agree with all that. I also think she killed Caylee instead of handing her over to her mother to raise to spite her mother.

So I think she killed Caylee out of spite as well. She'd rather have her dead than let her mother have her, or in other words, win.
    Funny you mention the word "spite." On the witness stand, Lee testified that the night Casey finally came homeo after mom and dad found the "smelling of dead body" car, he asked her WTF was going on, where the hell was Caylee and why didn't she want to talk to them/him and she told him "Maybe because I'm a spiteful bitch."

Her words. Verbatim.

Wonder if she will end up like OJ and Joran van Der Slut who both ended up doing dirt after all their BS.

C Mason turns my stomach.

Here's a gem: YouTube - ‪Cheney Mason....really?‬‏

I'm not sure if this link will get you there.. I had some trouble getting it to work. If it doesn't work, I got it from here (approx 11 posts down): Defense Team's Horrible Display Celebrating - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

What a hypocrite.
    --------------------------------
    eta: At the same website found this: Jeff Ashton was on The View this morning & said: he would have voted the same. He's on HLN now, believes GA helped cover it up.

Am I in another world? He seemed to be GA's biggest supporter at trial. I don't get any of this.
    -----------------------
    eta: I need to step away from this b/c the more I read today, the sicker I get. Summary or gist of comments made by Jeff Ashton: He didn't believe sexual abuse. Didn't believe a body in the car. If there was a smell then GA or tow guy should have called LE right away. Family dysfunction. Tape was from the bag they buried Caylee in, buried her like a family pet.

WOW
    Last edited by MsChiff; July 6th, 2011 at 04:06 PM.

Thread Information