Page 64 of 102 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

That picture of OJ and Casey... I could see them as a couple. Ugh.
    So when do we hear when Casey's being released?

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i don't buy that.
    i mean, yes, it was retarded of the prosecution to put the death penalty on the table when they had a weak case with only circumstantial evidence at best and couldn't even establish cause of death - they probably thought, 'a baby died! no one is gonna want evidence, they're just gonna vote to fry the evil bitch!', which usually works but i guess it backfired on them.
    but i don't buy it because if that were the case, they could have convicted her on the manslaughter and child abuse charges, which didn't carry the death penalty.
    I haven't looked into it, but some are saying that the way the jury instructions were given to the jury eliminated the lesser included charge option.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    This case reminds me SO MUCH of the concept of:

If a tree falls in a forest, and nobody hears it, does it make a sound?

If a woman murders he daughter/accidentally or intentionally causes her death and tries to cover it up/willfully & intentionally neglects to report the child missing for a month but nobody saw it/willfully omits to have her daughters' best interests for those 31 days, does that mean it never happened?

But THEY DID have those charges in their case and the jury STILL came back NOT GUILTY.

WHAT IN THE FUCKITY FUCK? I just ... there are no words. If she woulda gotten convicted of at LEAST child neglect/abuse she woulda been in jail and that woulda made some got damn sense.

At the end of the day, her daughter is dead and Casey KNOWS FULL WELL what happened.

It's sickening.
    Yes to all.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

'Team Casey' gives America the finger: How defence celebrated win with champagne, dances and hugs all round:

Casey Anthony trial: Jose Baez and defence team celebrate with 'champagne party' | Mail Online

Bull-fucking-shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarzy View Post
    That picture of OJ and Casey... I could see them as a couple. Ugh.
    So when do we hear when Casey's being released?
    It will be on Thursday and she may very walk on that day too.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I haven't looked into it, but some are saying that the way the jury instructions were given to the jury eliminated the lesser included charge option.
    in that case, the prosecution is to blame for being over-confident, especially with the little evidence they had.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Elite Member

But THEY DID have those charges (and the child neglect) in their case and the jury STILL came back NOT GUILTY.
    Yes, but tying it into a DP case as well caused the jurors to take the evidence much more seriously. If the DA wanted to base the case on so much emotion and so many tenuous connections then he should have tried to stick the lesser charge.

Even then, there would be a real chance of a successful appeal. But with no ambitious lawyer to helm the appeal, Casey might languish for decades.

WHAT IN THE FUCKITY FUCK? I just ... there are no words. If she woulda gotten convicted of at LEAST child neglect/abuse she woulda been in jail and that woulda made some got damn sense.
    What kind of neglect could they prove? Was Caylee ever actually neglected or abused? Maybe her dead body was, but while alive she had 2 grandparents who loved her wildly and stepped in to raise her. I don't remember any evidence that Casey abused the child while she was alive.

It's so fucking sad, I agree. Casey probably got away with killing her kid. But the state did not prove it's case. If you want a different system, there are others in the world which deny women a defense for accusations of murder, but that isn't what we have here in the USA (yet.)
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Many of you have probably already seen this (I stole it from FB) or it might have been posted already (sorry if it was), but I liked it.

Uploaded with [URL=http

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Caylee was given Xanax by her mother to knock her out at night so she could go party, thats abuse in my book.

Thanks to everyone who explained this / answered my questions. I tried to multiquote but there were too many of you. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    at least some of the jury members think she actually is innocent and it was an accident as described by the defense, based on the snippet i heard on the today show this morning. how stupid are these people?
    I'm really not sure that they are stupid. There's a saying in medicine: True + True = Unrelated. I think that's appropriate here too.

There are a WHOLE lot of shady suggestions/circumstances. But there isn't much EVIDENCE to prove that it was actually a murder. All of these same circumstances could also point to an accidental death plus a bad attempt at covering it up.

You can't just convict people on hunches and theories. You need proof. And in this case, from everyone's explanations, it doesn't sound like there was much to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    As to why they didn't search for the body at first, the area was flooding. That's why the defense came up with the "Caylee drowned" bullshit, because the body was underwater so long there was no way to disprove that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Scorp View Post
    In answer to the earlier question re: why wasn't the body recovered after Kronk's first call - IIRC, the responding officer was too afraid of snakes to "clear" the area.
    Snakes and flooding?! When there is a potential murder scene? What the hell kind of sense does that make? Those are supposed to be professional police officers. That right there sounds suspicious. Did George Anthony work for that same police department that was supposed to investigate this? Maybe they were doing him a professional courtesy and purposely not gathering evidence?

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    but i don't buy it because if that were the case, they could have convicted her on the manslaughter and child abuse charges, which didn't carry the death penalty.
    As far as the child abuse thing, someone on ONTD clarified this. I guess its a specific thing with Florida law:
    "1. First of all, she wasn't being charged with neglecting to report Caylee missing. That charge was dropped when they found Caylee's remains and charged her with first degree murder. The neglect charge was irrelevant if they were going to charge her with murder or manslaughter, because that means she always knew Caylee was dead and there was nothing to report.

2. When they charged her with first degree murder, they added a new charge of aggravated child abuse. Aggravated child abuse in FL:

(2) "Aggravated child abuse" occurs when a person:

(a) Commits aggravated battery on a child;

(b) Willfully tortures, maliciously punishes, or willfully and unlawfully cages a child; or

(c) Knowingly or willfully abuses a child and in so doing causes great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to the child.

This charge was simply tied to the charge of first degree murder. By acquitting her of the first degree murder and manslaughter charges, they really didn't have a reason to convict her of aggravated child abuse.

It would have been different had the prosecution tried to prove she abused or neglected Caylee while she was alive, but they didn't. And the defense made a point of proving Casey had no record of abuse or neglect while Caylee was alive."

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    Caylee was given Xanax by her mother to knock her out at night so she could go party, thats abuse in my book.
    Where? When? I'm not being a smart ass. Who witnessed this?

There are so many wild accusations flying around this case, I can't really keep up.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Where? When? I'm not being a smart ass. Who witnessed this?

There are so many wild accusations flying around this case, I can't really keep up.
    ^oh that was what her name Xanny for her "nanny" stood for

is it hearsay? I didn't watch the trial or keep up exactly.

Speculation. If someone witnessed that it would have been mentioned surely?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Yes, but tying it into a DP case as well caused the jurors to take the evidence much more seriously. If the DA wanted to base the case on so much emotion and so many tenuous connections then he should have tried to stick the lesser charge.

Even then, there would be a real chance of a successful appeal. But with no ambitious lawyer to helm the appeal, Casey might languish for decades.

What kind of neglect could they prove?
    Even if it was DP case, they could have convictd her of felon child abuse:

Under FL law:

827.01 Definitions.
    827.03 Abuse, aggravated abuse, and neglect of a child; penalties.

827.01 Definitions.--As used in this chapter:
    (1) "Caregiver" means a parent, adult household member, or other person responsible for a child's welfare.
    (2) "Child" means any person under the age of 18 years.
    (3) "Placement" means the giving or transferring of possession or custody of a child by any person to another person for adoption or with the intent or purpose of surrendering the control of the child.
    History.--s. 48, ch. 74-383; s. 1, ch. 77-174; s. 7, ch. 96-322

(3)(a) "Neglect of a child" means:
    1. A caregiver's failure or omission to provide a child with the care, supervision, and services necessary to maintain the child's physical and mental health, including, but not limited to, food, nutrition, clothing, shelter, supervision, medicine, and medical services that a prudent person would consider essential for the well-being of the child; or
    2. A caregiver's failure to make a reasonable effort to protect a child from abuse, neglect, or exploitation by another person.

Neglect of a child may be based on repeated conduct or on a single incident or omission that results in, or could reasonably be expected to result in, serious physical or mental injury, or a substantial risk of death, to a child.

(b) A person who willfully or by culpable negligence neglects a child and in so doing causes great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to the child commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
    (c) A person who willfully or by culpable negligence neglects a child without causing great bodily harm, permanent disability, or permanent disfigurement to the child commits a felony of the third degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.
    (4) For purposes of this section, "maliciously" means wrongfully, intentionally, and without legal justification or excuse. Maliciousness may be established by circumstances from which one could conclude that a reasonable parent would not have engaged in the damaging acts toward the child for any valid reason and that the primary purpose of the acts was to cause the victim unjustifiable pain or injury.

775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

Goshdarn, I hear what you guys are saying about the "evidence" but it's the same gotdamn thing as if, something hapepend and no one saw it, does it mean nothing happened? FUCK. This girl just got away with nearly the perfect crime. If only they woulda added child neglect in there, surely ommitting/failing to tell the cops/failing to watch her in the "pool" would have gotten her a conviction.

But wait. Nevermind. Not with that jury.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    at least some of the jury members think she actually is innocent and it was an accident as described by the defense, based on the snippet i heard on the today show this morning. how stupid are these people?
    Keep in mind, it was Star Jones who made the statement that some jurors thought she was innocent. She has not spoken to anyone who was a juror but for some stupid reason, NBC has decided to pay her as a legal expert.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I am hearing via local radio that "Juror #6" will consider giving interviews, as long as he's paid for them. Turning into even more of a circus than it already was.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Thread Information