Page 63 of 102 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773 ... LastLast
Results 931 to 945 of 1527
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

  1. #931
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    202

    Default


  2. #932
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    50,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I think the prosecution did the best they could with the evidence they had.


    And for the ones saying that "this is how the justice system is supposed to work" - I disagree. I don't think someone getting away with murder is how its supposed to work. And she did - she got away with killing her daughter. Not a doubt in my mind.
    i agree the prosecution did the best with what evidence they had but it just wasn't enough to convince the jury, especially not with the theories casey's lawyer kept throwing at them. what i meant to say about the system working is that in the vast majority of cases, if a murderer is guilty he/she will be convicted. in very rare cases, yes, people will get a way with murder. because they were smart enough to hide the evidence or, like in this case, because the remains were so badly decomposed they could never even establish cause of death. and because there just wasn't that much evidence that the defence couldn't try to explain it away with other theories. like i said, i think she's guilty. i think everyone knows that. but you have to be able to prove it. and the system isn't working if you can convict someone based on a hunch, even if it's a strong one.
    i think of it as a match between prosecution and defence. in this case, the defence played the better game.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  3. #933
    Elite Member MontanaMama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Evading P6 & P7
    Posts
    13,259

    Default

    From what the talking heads seem to be saying it was the fact of the death penalty being on the table that didn't jibe with the evidence presented and if they hadn't pursued capital charges, that they might have found her guilty. I know they are mostly talking out of their asses and they probably don't know anything about why the jury reached their decision, but if this is remotely true, then the jury DID NOT do their jobs.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

  4. #934
    Elite Member MsChiff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    ♥In your heart ♥
    Posts
    5,752

    Default

    I'm so sick over this. Heard on tv some think the jury voted in her favor b/c they sat directly across from her the whole time & could look into her eyes.

    Then I heard on the tv again today that she's already talking about having another baby. I'm stunned.

  5. #935
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    53,577

    Default

    "One woman said, "[The verdict] is going to make millions of people think they can get away with killing their child."source

    what a fucking retard.

    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

    -- Stephen Hawking

  6. #936
    Elite Member CornFlakegrl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hanging with the raisin girls
    Posts
    11,966

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    "One woman said, "[The verdict] is going to make millions of people think they can get away with killing their child."source

    what a fucking retard.
    Yeah because this is what millions of parents were waiting for, "finally! I can kill them!"

  7. #937
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    50,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    From what the talking heads seem to be saying it was the fact of the death penalty being on the table that didn't jibe with the evidence presented and if they hadn't pursued capital charges, that they might have found her guilty. I know they are mostly talking out of their asses and they probably don't know anything about why the jury reached their decision, but if this is remotely true, then the jury DID NOT do their jobs.
    i don't buy that.
    i mean, yes, it was retarded of the prosecution to put the death penalty on the table when they had a weak case with only circumstantial evidence at best and couldn't even establish cause of death - they probably thought, 'a baby died! no one is gonna want evidence, they're just gonna vote to fry the evil bitch!', which usually works but i guess it backfired on them.
    but i don't buy it because if that were the case, they could have convicted her on the manslaughter and child abuse charges, which didn't carry the death penalty.

    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    "One woman said, "[The verdict] is going to make millions of people think they can get away with killing their child."source

    what a fucking retard.
    this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  8. #938
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    53,577

    Default

    and now there's eejits who want to eliminate the right to trial by jury
    Should We Abolish the Jury System? - Ben Shapiro - Townhall Conservative

    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

    -- Stephen Hawking

  9. #939
    Elite Member SHELLEE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    17,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pleiades View Post
    Nice.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

  10. #940
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    5,543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    From what the talking heads seem to be saying it was the fact of the death penalty being on the table that didn't jibe with the evidence presented and if they hadn't pursued capital charges, that they might have found her guilty. I know they are mostly talking out of their asses and they probably don't know anything about why the jury reached their decision, but if this is remotely true, then the jury DID NOT do their jobs.

    Actually, I completely agree that making this a DP case probably sunk the prosecution. A DA better be damn sure all his little ducks are in a row before going for the DP.

    On the other hand, if he had just gone for the aggravated manslaughter charge Casey would now be looking at prison for a long spell.

    The DA's theory of the case did not add up to a DP charge. There was too much wiggle room, not even a cause of death for little Caylee.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

  11. #941
    Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    you already know.
    Posts
    44,442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pleiades View Post
    damnit I laughed

  12. #942
    Elite Member celeb_2006's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    13,468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pleiades View Post
    lol, they were OJ'd!

  13. #943
    Elite Member sputnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    fellow traveller
    Posts
    50,856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by twitchy2.0 View Post
    and now there's eejits who want to eliminate the right to trial by jury
    Should We Abolish the Jury System? - Ben Shapiro - Townhall Conservative
    or maybe get rid of trials altogether? or at least the right to a defence? no more of this 'innocent until proven guilty' bullshit, and everyone gets the death penalty!
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

  14. #944
    Elite Member cmmdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Eva's Love Den
    Posts
    25,572

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    like i said, i think she's guilty. i think everyone knows that. but you have to be able to prove it. and the system isn't working if you can convict someone based on a hunch, even if it's a strong one.
    This case reminds me SO MUCH of the concept of:

    If a tree falls in a forest, and nobody hears it, does it make a sound?

    If a woman murders he daughter/accidentally or intentionally causes her death and tries to cover it up/willfully & intentionally fails/neglects to report the child missing for a month but nobody saw it/willfully omits to have her daughters' best interests for those 31 days, does that mean it never happened?

    Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    On the other hand, if he had just gone for the aggravated manslaughter charge Casey would now be looking at prison for a long spell.
    But THEY DID have those charges (and the child neglect) in their case and the jury STILL came back NOT GUILTY.

    WHAT IN THE FUCKITY FUCK? I just ... there are no words. If she woulda gotten convicted of at LEAST child neglect/abuse she woulda been in jail and that woulda made some got damn sense.

    At the end of the day, her daughter is dead and Casey KNOWS FULL WELL what happened.

    It's sickening.

    Common sense got thrown out the damn window.

  15. #945
    DAP
    DAP is offline
    Elite Member DAP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,069

    Default

    You know, now that I look at it, she's being punished regardless of whether by law. So many people loathe this woman that it will be extremely difficult for her to leave her house. She will have little to no friends. She should definitely hire a bodyguard if she plans on living a long life.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Josef Fritzl cellar trial begins
    By Honey in forum News
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: March 18th, 2009, 07:56 AM
  2. Civil trial of Keanu Reeves begins in LA
    By celeb_2006 in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: November 7th, 2008, 04:24 PM
  3. Dutch 'HIV attack' trial begins
    By Honey in forum News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: October 13th, 2008, 10:23 PM
  4. R Kelly's trial finally begins
    By ana-mish-ana in forum Latest Gossip
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 9th, 2008, 02:35 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 16th, 2007, 06:54 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •