Page 60 of 102 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

I haven't followed this case at all; however I read a few articles here and there about this woman and I can't help but think she did it.

At the end of the day however, we have a poor little girl who never lived life and a shitty mom who will always have a target on her back. Suffice to say, no one wins.

Obviously, Casey wins because she gets to live free. She might be excoriated but in her own cuckoo world, she's the permanent victim and we're all a bunch of losers who won't leave her alone.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Well I thought she was going to jail for lying to investigators. Sure it's not a DP or a life sentence, but I'm guessing someone like her won't make it out of prison alive.

She already served time in jail. She may walk out Thursday.
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

i thought she served time for the check fraud, not the lying. is time served okay for both?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

i think it depends on whether she's sentenced to serve her sentences consecutively or concurrently.

i'm not all that surprised. well, actually i am because florida usually loves putting people in jail and for once it's not a kid being tried as an adult but an actual guilty adult. at the same time, i didn't watch the trial but would read the stuff on this thread and i kept waiting for some more damning evidence from the prosecution but it just seemed like their entire case was pretty flimsy, from the dodgy air analysis of her car trunk to google searches and a history of lying... sure, it makes her look bad and casts suspicion but at the same time, you need more before potentially sending someone to prison for life or to death row.

i don't see it as the system failing though. on the contrary. the prosecution tried but didn't have enough evidence to build a solid case. and the defence got to make its case and introduce doubt in the jury. and that's what it's all about. sometimes even when in all likelihood the person is guilty, they'll walk because the state couldn't present a more solid case. it sucks, but that's the way it is. and i'd much rather that than people getting sentenced in the court of public opinion or based on people's hunches, even if they are right. if there's no way to prove that, that's all they are, hunches.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post

I wonder what kind of job someone like Casey can get after this? .
    Let's just hope it isn't at a daycare...

By the way dad, sorry about that whole molestation thing.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I don't actually want a jury of my peers. I want a jury of ethicists, people trained-- who know what an illogical fallacy actually is.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    By the way dad, sorry about that whole molestation thing.
    (Uncomfortable silence at the Anthony dinner table tonight.....) "Oh, and pass the chloroform, I mean the mustard."
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

If they allow her back in their home after this, I will rethink their involvement completely.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

How could you possibly resume any kind of a "normal" life after this? You falsely accused your father of things he didn't do, and your mother tried to cover your sorry ass by inventing a story about looking up chlorophyll on your computer when she was really at work. They know.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

She was found not guilty. That is a far cry from innocent.
    I served on a jury where we felt the guy did it with every fiber, but following the instructions we were given, we had no choice but find him not guilty. The proof was lacking and you cannot say he is guilty because he looks shifty and my gut feeling says he did it.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

Well, it didn't sound like she had a very normal life before her daughter died (aka she killed her daughter). And it sounds like at least one of her parents was already an enabler for her. The difference now is that more people know how fucked up they are. They (family members) probably need each other more now than ever. Hopefully they will be shunned.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post
    I agree.

I didnt watch the trial but read it here every day and read the news. I never heard a plausible motive. There was also no witnesses or forensic evidence (except one hair?). I know a case can be circumstantial but I think jurors have a hard time thinking a mother could do this for no damn reason whatsoever. Even if they THINK she did it, they want more proof to convict.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamaste View Post
    There simply was no evidence to prove Casey killed Caylee. That is reasonable doubt. Caylee is dead, but there is no proof of how or why.

I believe Casey did kill Caylee. Unfortunately, this is what happens when prosecutors are pressured into making a case before they are ready. There is no statute of limitations on murder. With no hard evidence, they should've waited and built a solid case.
    Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    She was found not guilty. That is a far cry from innocent.
    I served on a jury where we felt the guy did it with every fiber, but following the instructions we were given, we had no choice but find him not guilty. The proof was lacking and you cannot say he is guilty because he looks shifty and my gut feeling says he did it.
    agree with all 3 posts. mcjag, i think this is probably what happened on the casey anthony jury.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Thread Information