Page 6 of 102 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

I am biased when it comes to criminal trials since I work for the District Attorney. I have been called for jury duty twice and of course excused immediately. Hell, we have a $2 million dollar arson for hire case that a jury has been deliberating on for over four days.
    I swear sometimes the jurors are total idiots that watch too much CSI and Law and Order. Okay enough ranting about that subject.

This bitch deserves to be hung. Her whole excuse that the child drowned and then her dad helped her hide the body (or whatever the story was) is just ridiculous.

The defense doesn't give a shit really. The longer the trial goes on the more they can bill the family. Unless she has court appointed attorneys.

I'm on team prosecution which seems to be the case for most of the posts I have read.

And on a final note, Casey Anthony deserves the new nickname "cat's ass" because that is what her damn mouth looks like. The end.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

fgg

Casey Anthony Trial: Inside Her Shocking Defense

By Michelle Tauber and Steve Helling
    Wednesday June 01, 2011 08:00 AM EDT

As the first-degree murder case against 25-year-old Casey Anthony continues to unfold in an Orlando courtroom, both sides agree on one stunning point: after the disappearance of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee, the young mother buried herself – and those around her – under an avalanche of lies.

Throughout intensely emotional testimony from her parents Cindy and George Anthony, prosecutors exposed layers of untruths that began to pile up in the 30 days Caylee was missing before Casey told anyone she was gone.

Defense attorney Jose Baez opened the trial with a series of bombshell claims as to what happened to Caylee – and why Casey lied about it for 30 days. Among his allegations: Caylee drowned in the Anthony family pool, and Casey's father George, who had sexually abused Casey as a child, helped keep Caylee's death a secret. (George has vigorously denied both claims.)

"It felt like Jose Baez threw everything against the wall and is seeing what sticks," Orlando criminal defense attorney Richard Hornsby tells PEOPLE in this week's cover story.

The risk, says Hornsby, "is throwing everything together and saying there was some conspiracy. Everyone did something wrong – but not Casey. That's not realistic."

Still, Hornsby says the drowning claim may be persuasive to a jury, especially after testimony from several of Casey's friends that she was a caring mom.

"A jury is going to ask, how could you go from being a good mother to a sociopath who killed your daughter in one day?" says Hornsby. "Drowning is a plausible explanation and one that a jury can grasp."

go to a sociopath in one day? um, this bitch was born this way.

I know this has probably been said a million times, but no one puts duct tape on the mouth of a dead person. The dad would have tried CPR on the child. EMS may have been able to save her...the list is endless as to why the drowning story is so stupid. I don't understand why the defense even put it out there.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I know lots of people don't like her, but I saw Cindy's testimony yesterday, and it was truly tough to watch. The woman is broken.

But the biggest eye-opener was a recording of Casey's first call from jail. ALL she wanted was her boyfriend's phone number and bitterly said that "all they care about is Caylee." Loaded with f-bombs too. I was literally floored. The woman couldn't even FAKE any mild concern. This had to make a big impact on the jury.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I know lots of people don't like her, but I saw Cindy's testimony yesterday, and it was truly tough to watch. The woman is broken.

But the biggest eye-opener was a recording of Casey's first call from jail. ALL she wanted was her boyfriend's phone number and bitterly said that "all they care about is Caylee." Loaded with f-bombs too. I was literally floored. The woman couldn't even FAKE any mild concern. This had to make a big impact on the jury.
    I know, it was disturbing. I feel sorry for Cindy Anthony. She may not have come across as the most likeable person when this first happened, but she's in real pain.

I was listening to live testimony on the way in to work this morning. Apparently, the brother, Lee Anthony, is on the stand now and being questioned by the defense team - but not Baez.

They are getting into the minutiae of what Lee knew and how his timeline and recollection of Casey's demeanor coincides with what Cindy remembers. It appears that the defense was trying to impeach Lee by asking him questions about specific dates and actions and then by saying, "but in the deposition you said this". The judge sounded like he wasn't going to allow that. He told the defense to allow Lee to look at his deposition and refresh his memory.

I'm curious if they are going to ask him about their allegations that he tried to make advances on his own sister.

No, he is done for now and they did not ask him anything like that. It was frustrating with the thousands of objections and side bars they took while he was on the stand.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

This chick is so fucked up...I don't even know how the hell she kept all the lies straight. Bitch has talent!
    She apparently had fabricated an entire group of friends to her parents----which I guess isn't surprising since she lied about every single other thing in her life.

Will the brother be asked about sexual contact w/Casey? Wasn't that an issue at one point???

I probably said this already, but in order for the defense's story to make any sense, Casey Anthony is going to get up there and deliver the performance of a lifetime. She is going to throw her father and brother under the bus to "explain" why she grew up to tell so many fibs compulsively.

She is also going to have to say what happened after she and her father supposedly found Caylee's body in the pool. Did Casey hide it? Did George hide it? Did they hide it together? Were they so lazy about hiding the body that they couldn't be bothered to leave it outside the neighborhood?

And if the only way for Caylee to have climbed into an above-ground swimming pool was for Cindy to have accidentally left the ladder up, why would the drowning have been Casey's fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    What a coldblooded, heartless bitch. .
    She really is.

I imagine in the jury room the jurors are going to play that tape over and over again if the judge lets them listen to it.

How long is this trial expected to last?

fgg

Casey Anthony Trial: Brother Describes Casey's Confrontation with Their Mother

By Steve Helling and Tim Nudd
    Wednesday June 01, 2011 12:05 PM EDT

Lee Anthony took the stand Wednesday in his sister Casey's murder trial, and described a "combative" confrontation with her as well as details of his desperate search for Caylee and Casey during the month the 2-year-old was missing.

According to Lee, Casey Anthony kept insisting to her mother, Cindy, who testified Tuesday she didn't see her granddaughter for weeks, that Caylee was with her nanny, but was asleep and needn't be disturbed. Casey meanwhile was adept at avoiding him. "I went on myspace and Facebook to find where Casey might be. I texted her," Lee said. "[She wrote back] 'I'm busy. I'm out with my friends. I'm doing my own thing.' She hung up on me."

The next Lee saw Casey was at the family home on July 15, 2008, he testified. As he entered the house, he passed Casey's white Pontiac in the garage. He described the smell as "very potent, very strong."

Inside the house, Lee says he confronted a "combative" Casey. "I said I could go get Caylee," he testified to an attentive jury. "There was no excuse why anyone couldn't go get her. [But] she said she didn't want to disturb Caylee."
    Casey watched Lee intently, trying to catch his eye as he stepped off the stand for a break. When he glanced at her, she smiled weakly. He did not smile back as he left the courtroom.

Casey, 25, is charged with seven counts in her daughter's death, including first-degree murder. She could face the death penalty if convicted.

How long was the phantom nanny supposedly taking care of Casey for?

I just wonder how long that little girl's body was in that car for.

Have they don't any testing for mental problems on Casey? Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but surely she's crazy.

Good to see none of her family are eating her crap and corroborating her story.

I feel bad for her family. They say you can't choose your parents, but they should also say you can't choose your children's personality either, I believe you're born with your character.

I was reading something yesterday that hinted that Casey is a six time felon? And Baez almost revealed this to the jury? It's painful that this trial may last at least 6 more weeks. Will she eventually breakdown and admit guilt?

I know, I keep waiting for some dramatic outburst from her, but then again, I don't think she has emotions. At all.

Page 6 of 102 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread Information