Page 57 of 102 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

The only explanation I can come up with to even begin to understand the jury's decision is that they didn't want to get stuck for another week or two for sentencing. Period.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Times like this I wish I still had TV so I could watch Nancy Grace froth at the mouth. Think she'll have a stroke?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I'm trying to understand why this verdict is so shocking. Didn't really follow this case- it was too convoluted. Could someone explain this /answer my questions??

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    Cindy Anthony, however, was a key defense witness, taking credit for computer searches for chloroform and other apparently incriminating terms and also providing an explanation for how Caylee could have gotten into the family pool and drowned as the defense theorized.
    1: why was she googling chloroform? What other incriminating stuff did she search for?
    2: Can someone explain the whole drowning thing? What did the defense claim happened?

Also:
    3: Why was Casey's car towed?
    4: Why would the grandfather be so quick to think that the 'smell' in the car was a decaying body?? That doesn't seem like it would be a smell anyone is familiar with, or something normal a person would immediately think of when opening a smelly trunk.
    5: why didn't they search for the body in August when that guy originally reported it??

Basically, what is the evidence that makes everyone so sure Casey killed Caylee? thanks guyssss!

I knew they wouldn't convict her of 1st degree murder... but I am a little confused because I would have thought NOT reporting your child missing for 31 days would be child abuse/neglect...?
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    1: why was she googling chloroform? What other incriminating stuff did she search for?
    I hope nobody ever uses my Google searches against me!

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

I just can't believe they didn't get her on the lesser charges. 1st degree...ok. I get that. But not even manslaughter? Or abuse\neglect? Isn't the burden of proof less on those charges? Fuck. I hope they retry her for something else based on the defense theory she put forth. Accessory or something. I don't know much about how that works, but I hope someone in that prosecutor's office gets this stuck in their craw and goes after her again.

Also, I'm sincerely hoping she spontaneously sterilizes. Like spontaneous combustion. Just POOF! Her ovaries are gone. If there were ever anyone who shouldn't ever have access to another kid, its this bitch and her damn enabling lying parents.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Like Savannah Guthrie said on NBC News tonight - the jury didn't find her innocent, they evidently concluded they did not have enough evidence to find her guilty. "Not Guilty" does not equal "innocent".

I hope the Anthonys know this - specifically Casey.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

Hit By Ban Bus!

Am I the only one still stunned by this verdict? How could the damn prosecution drop the ball like this so badly??

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    What I fear is coming out of cases like this is unless the prosecution has perfect "television" evidence, the reasonable doubt burden is becoming unattainable. Circumstantial cases are sometimes all the prosecution has - it seems that the worse a human being is and the better liar a person is, the easier it is for them to get away with a crime - that really can't be what our justice system is supposed to be.
    Well, with all the movers and shakers, captains of industry, making all their executive bonuses based on how well they lie, you really expect anything different from the general public? Politicians lie convincingly and get us into wars that put us all in debt. Seems to me, that is good ol' USA society right now. Maybe we need to consciously kill the culture of narcissism in this country, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

I'm not sure that I could celebrate a prosecution winning on such a bad evidence like this one. If the evidence wasn't there to make a DP case, then the DA shouldn't have presented the case yet or gone for a lesser charge. It's not like perfect CSI evidence was needed, only a cogent case that would support a reasonable charge. No one had any sympathy for Casey. Sentiment was against her. The DA simply over-reached given the scant evidence he had.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Quote Originally Posted by baked_tater View Post
    Am I the only one still stunned by this verdict? How could the damn prosecution drop the ball like this so badly??
    Again, I didn't watch but what else could the prosecution do?

The coroner couldn't even give a cause of death. So chloroform google searches or not, there is no evidence that that is what killed Caylee.

Then mommy-dearest lies on the stand and takes even the google evidence off the table.

All they really had was Casey not reporting the child missing and lying about where the girl was. yeah, that smacks of guilty to me but is that proof beyond a reasonable doubt that Casey killed her?

Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    I'm trying to understand why this verdict is so shocking. Didn't really follow this case- it was too convoluted. Could someone explain this /answer my questions??

1: why was she googling chloroform? What other incriminating stuff did she search for? She said she was googling chlorophyll because she was worried about her dogs eating bamboo, and google spell checked it into chlorophorm
    2: Can someone explain the whole drowning thing? What did the defense claim happened? Unclear, but they say she drowned and George made Casey go along with not reporting it. I never heard what they supposedly did with the body until they claim Kronk moved it.

Also:
    3: Why was Casey's car towed? Because Casey had abandoned it in front of a busines. Probably due to the smell, IMO
    4: Why would the grandfather be so quick to think that the 'smell' in the car was a decaying body?? That doesn't seem like it would be a smell anyone is familiar with, or something normal a person would immediately think of when opening a smelly trunk. Because it is a very distinctive smell. If you've smelled it once, you never forget it.
    5: why didn't they search for the body in August when that guy originally reported it?? Dunno. They had thousands of leads that didn't pan out.

Basically, what is the evidence that makes everyone so sure Casey killed Caylee? thanks guyssss!
    I can't even get started on that. Too much.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

• Didn't report her child missing for over 30 days
    • Looked up neck breaking, and how to make chloroform before the child went missing
    • The smell of a corpse in a car. George was a cop. Someone in the tow yard smelled it as wel.
    • The hair follicle from Caylee (that an expert said was likely from a deceased person).

Casey borrowed a shovel, and started to dig a hole...I am assuming to bury Caylee there, but then changed her mind and dumped her. There's a lot of other crap, but at the very least she is suspicious. Point is a decaying body doesn't smell like OLD cheese. There would have to be over 20 pounds of meat in her car to get even remotely close to the smell/evidence of a decaying body (fatty acids). There is just so much. I don't even know where to start. The Google searches could have just been someone looking up information..who knows. Just seems weird.

Some nuts from the search party are sending death threats to the family. Here we go......
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Quote Originally Posted by baked_tater View Post
    If the prosecution won, everyone would be saying they were geniuses and did a super job. imo, both sides screwed up their cases along the way, it's just that the defense (through some fucked twist of fate) won.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

fgg

Why So Subdued, Nancy?

When Casey Anthony was given the go ahead by the jury to make up for 3 years of hard partying, my first reaction was to cover my ears and take cover under a table, because I just knew pieces of Nancy Grace would come flying through my window at any second. Because if anybody was going to gnaw their fingers off and then spit the bits in the face of the jury out of disgust, it was going to be Nancy Grace. Because whatever is left of Nancy's sanity has been a speeding White Bronco throughout this entire trial.

So I was a little surprised, disappointed and looking for a refund when I watched Nancy's reaction to the verdict. Why didn't Nancy sprawl her legs out on the desk, give birth to a Lady Justice replica made of her internal organs and then repeatedly punch it in the face? Why didn't Nancy do this?! My only explanation is that Nancy was exhausted, because her head popped off her body, flew all the way to The Soup studios in L.A. and landed on Joel McHale's lap.

Oh, fucking well. We'll be able to witness a real Nancy Grace meltdown when Casey inevitably joins the cast of Dancing with the Stars, and when she gets paid six figures for a spread in Hustler Magazine, and when she releases a tell-all/cocktail recipe book, and when she becomes one of Charlie Sheen's goddesses, and when she shoots a Skinemax movie with Lindsay Lohan...

Posted by: Michael K

How did the prosecution screw up? Not trying to be rude or anything, I am just wondering what or how so I can understand. What did the prosecution do/not do?
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Thread Information