Page 56 of 102 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    I am never going to Florida, AGAIN!!!
    Well actually it's not a bad place to go Diva, if you want to party it up living up the Bella Vita getting fucked left & right while your daughter is lying in a ditch in plastic bags with duct tape over her mouth and FAIL TO REPORT IT TO THE COPS FOR 31 DAYS.

31 DAYS!!!

Serously I get violent just thinking about it. UGH.

^^^She only reported it at 31 days because she was forced to. It would have been longer than that.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

So true. I wonder how long she would have kept up w/ her hot body contests before it was getting too bad. Frick!

Quote Originally Posted by *DIVA! View Post
    This is fucking disturbing!! I am never going to Florida, AGAIN!!!
    Last time I went to Florida it rained the whole time so I dont like the place anyway.

Im confused. Did she kill the girl and cover it up or did the girl drown in a horrible accident and she covered it up?

Quote Originally Posted by JadeStar70 View Post
    I knew they had the trial set for this fall, but it was moved back to Feb next year. She can only sue her for money, right? And Casey doesn't have any of that right now,...so I thought Zanida could possibly take any profits that Casey might try to benefit from Caylee's death/trial.
    The good thing about the civil case (and the reason it was delayed) is because they can depose Casey and she can't claim a right against self-incrimination because she's already been found not guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    So true. I wonder how long she would have kept up w/ her hot body contests before it was getting too bad. Frick!
    According to the prosecution, she figured she had 55 days, until Caylee's birthday. Their theory made perfect sense about why certain lies were developed. Too bad theories aren't really proof.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

I am not too familiar with the US judicial system. Can the prosecution appeal the verdict and ask for a retrial?

And LOL at K. Kardashian's tweet reply. That was funny.

No, absent jury or witness tampering (and that would take a truckload of evidence) the prosecution cannot appeal. This sucker is over and Casey will probably go home very soon.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll

Maybe Caylee will go all Beloved on Casey's ass.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

Wow I'm so surprised that she got off. Scott Peterson had even less evidence against him and he was convicted. Maybe it's easier to find a man guilty. Lord knows her behavior was as bad as Scott's, if not worse. At least he pretended to look for Laci. What normal mother, without something to hide and some kind of involvement, would wait that long to report her daughter missing?

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by bellini View Post
    Wow I'm so surprised that she got off. Scott Peterson had even less evidence against him and he was convicted. Maybe it's easier to find a man guilty. Lord knows her behavior was as bad as Scott's, if not worse. At least he pretended to look for Laci. What normal mother, without something to hide and some kind of involvement, would wait that long to report her daughter missing?
    You can't convict a person of murder because they don't act normal. The state simply didn't have enough evidence of a murder occurring here, nor specifically committed by Casey. Google searches just ain't enough. There has to be a clear line of evidence proving that Caylee was murdered and then murdered by her mother. That didn't happen.

There was a lot more evidence against Peterson actually, mainly his actions on the night of Lacy's murder.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

They could also show that Laci was murdered. I believe the child in this case was too decomposed for any definite cause of death to be established.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    You can't convict a person of murder because they don't act normal. The state simply didn't have enough evidence of a murder occurring here, nor specifically committed by Casey. Google searches just ain't enough. There has to be a clear line of evidence proving that Caylee was murdered and then murdered by her mother. That didn't happen.

There was a lot more evidence against Peterson actually, mainly his actions on the night of Lacy's murder.
    While you are right, the law does allow a jury to draw reasonable inferences from the totality of the evidence to reach conclusions. The evidence presented by the prosecution painted a pretty cohesive picture. Since I wasn't a juror, I wasn't looking for what other reasonable conclusions could be drawn by each individual piece of evidence, I made up my mind with the whole story. What I fear is coming out of cases like this is unless the prosecution has perfect "television" evidence, the reasonable doubt burden is becoming unattainable. Circumstantial cases are sometimes all the prosecution has - it seems that the worse a human being is and the better liar a person is, the easier it is for them to get away with a crime - that really can't be what our justice system is supposed to be.

Jeff Ashton is retiring!! Damn. This case must have took it out of him.

They were interviewing an alternate juror and he said that the prosecution didn't prove their case/theory and that's reasonable doubt. Damn.

fgg

Casey Anthony's Parents Call Her Defense 'Baseless'

The question of what happened to 2-year-old Caylee Anthony remains unanswered after the jury acquitted her mother, Casey Anthony, on Tuesday.

And no one is more aware of that fact than Caylee's grandparents.

"The family may never know what happened to Caylee Marie Anthony," George and Cindy Anthony's lawyer Mark Lippman, said in a statement. "They now have closure for this chapter of their life. They will now begin the long process of rebuilding their lives."

"Despite the baseless defense chosen by Casey Anthony, the family believes that the jury made a fair decision based on the evidence presented, the testimony presented, the scientific information presented, and the rules that they were given by the Honorable Judge Perry to guide them," the statement continued.

During the trial, George Anthony was a target of his daughter's defense, which accused him of both molesting Casey and having an affair with a woman who helped search for Caylee. (He denied the affair and the judge disallowed further mention of sexual abuse, saying it wasn't proven.)

Cindy Anthony, however, was a key defense witness, taking credit for computer searches for chloroform and other apparently incriminating terms and also providing an explanation for how Caylee could have gotten into the family pool and drowned as the defense theorized.

In their statement, Casey Anthony's parents concluded with their hopes for members of the public who want to honor Caylee.

Instead of leaving stuffed animals or toys near the Anthony home, the family "would prefer that those items be donated in Caylee's name to families in need, religious centers, or any other entity where the toys would be appreciated."

I didnt watch the trial but read it here every day and read the news. I never heard a plausible motive. There was also no witnesses or forensic evidence (except one hair?). I know a case can be circumstantial but I think jurors have a hard time thinking a mother could do this for no damn reason whatsoever. Even if they THINK she did it, they want more proof to convict.
    That doesn't explain why the jurors didn't convict on any of the lesser counts available to them; not manslaughter, not even child abuse.

The jurors should never have considered the drowning theory because the defense offered no testimony or evidence to support it. They didn't even put Casey on the stand to tell that story. They also did not put Casey on the stand to offer her claims of sexual abuse - without that, the jury should never even had those things in their mind, nevermind get to a "he said/she said" point. It would be fair to consider those things if Casey testified to those things and the jury had to weigh her testimony against George's, or Lee's, or whoever's. But she didn't and the jurors should not have considered an unsubstantiated story.

I feel like there's something else going on with this jury, because it unfathomable to me how any thinking person could think that a child died from undetermined causes and was thrown out like trash, and the mother did nothing wrong in partying constantly and actively covering it up, except lying to law enforcement. Putting aside whether you think it's a first degree murder case - what thinking person would not think that actively concealing your child's death and lying constantly to authorities and family to conceal the child's disappearance does not add up to a cover for manslaughter or aggravated child abuse? What in the hell do the jurors think was her motivation in lying? (Even if one believes the bullshit accidental death story, it happened while in Casey's care, which is enough for neglect/abuse.)

My other shocker is that, while the prosecution wasn't stellar, I thought they were more than passable. Certainly way better at examining witneses and during arguments. Baez was really supremely shitty and amatuer, and that doesn't change with the verdict IMO. That's why I find the jury really fascinating. I was worried they'd be influenced by the "CSI effect," i.e. jurors expect every case to have absolutely irrefutable evidence, like DNA, and any case that doesn't have that is "reasonable doubt," because a lot of juries now confuse reasonable doubt with "impossible doubt," i.e. expecting the prosecution to eradicate any possible doubts anyone could ever have, no matter how far-fetched, rather than the actual standard of eradicating reasonable doubts a reasonable person would have.

Luckily I believe in karma - it may take some time, but hopefully it will bite her in the ass eventually just like it did O.J. Like O.J., these sociopaths always think they're invincible so sooner or later, they fuck up again. Either she'll have another kid and get in trouble for child abuse or she'll get busted for drugs or prostitution, something like that. Or steal from the wrong person this time.

I wish there was a support fund for George and Lee Anthony. I'd donate if George would divorce Cindy's ass and they both get far, far away from Cindy and Casey and never speak to them again.

LOL at Kristen Schaal's tweets:

Juror: "Who wouldn't get angry if they called their family from jail and they wanted to know where your daughter is? Acck annoying!"
    1 hour ago

kristenschaaled Kristen Schaal
    Casey: "The only thing I'm guilty of is having a good time for 31 days!"
    1 hour ago

Juror: "Hey, there's no fingerprints on a skeleton that was in a swamp for 6 months. Our hands are tied!"
    1 hour ago

Juror: "We've all borrowed shovels from our neighbor after our kid has gone missing."
    1 hour ago

Juror: "Raise your hand if you want to get back to summer w/o feeling bad about putting someone to death? Great."
    1 hour ago

Juror: "It's like when you're kid's gone you just party for 31 days until someone finds you out. That's normal, right?"
    2 hours ago

Juror: "You know, it's like when your daughter goes missing and you go to a hot body contest and get a tattoo, we've all done that, right?"
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Thread Information