Login to remove the ads!
Page 5 of 102 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

Because of the defense that her attorney offered in the opening, she almost has to take the stand. She's put herself into a position that she has absolutely no corroborating evidence for her defense (not that she's required to offer one), but if she doesn't testify and get her "story" into the record, she might has well have pled guilty.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

An opening statement isn't evidence, so really the defense can say whatever they want. Scott Peterson's attorney did the same thing, made all kinds of grandiose statements and then (iirc) rested his case after the prosecution was done.

Even if she never takes the stand, the defense's statements are still out there, and if it sways one juror, they've done their job.

Casey's attorney would be an idiot to put her on the stand because then the prosecution gets a chance to skewer her. But from what I've heard, he IS an idiot, and Casey thinks she such a good liar, so who knows.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Yeah Baez is crooked and everyone knows it, hopefully the judge and the jury make that one out themselves.

On CayleeDaily some people have noticed Baez is not wearing his wedding ring and Casey sometimes leaves her shirt top buttons open.

As I was listening to the opening arguments, it made me think of the term Occam's Razor (the simplest explanation is usually the correct one). The defense's theory is so far fetched that no sane person will believe it.

Quote Originally Posted by Janet296 View Post
    As I was listening to the opening arguments, it made me think of the term Occam's Razor (the simplest explanation is usually the correct one). The defense's theory is so far fetched that no sane person will believe it.
    I hope this is true, but it scares me that there's going to be some idiot that thinks it's so far fetched that it has to be true. That, the defense is going to throw so much shit that something will stick.

You should have to pass an IQ test to serve on a jury (I'm only half-kidding).

An IQ test would defeat the entire purpose of a jury. Why not just have a judge trial if you only want the intelligent?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    An IQ test would defeat the entire purpose of a jury. Why not just have a judge trial if you only want the intelligent?
    True, I guess it's just frustrating that people fall for this shit all the time. But, I guess that's the purpose of having a jury of your peers.

I am watching the trial right now on HLN. The mother is on the stand now. I can't tell if this is pre-recorded or live. Surely court is closed today.

She is such a useless shit stain on the panties of humanity~Bitter's awesome description of K.K

fgg

Court is closed today. They were running sections of the trial for about 5 hrs today.
    Posted from my iPhone

So have her parents been making much eye contact with her? I wonder how the dad is dealing with all this.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    So have her parents been making much eye contact with her? I wonder how the dad is dealing with all this.
    I can't imagine. We were listening to replays of the opening statements on HLN (Headline News) on the way back from the beach. Baez basically accused George Anthony of everything under the sun. Not just "touching" Casey.

fgg

Casey Anthony Trial: Cindy Anthony Sobs During Testimony

By Steve Helling
    Tuesday May 31, 2011 01:15 PM EDT

The Casey Anthony trial has been full of bombshells and dramatic moments, but the scene got even more intense on Tuesday morning when Cindy Anthony took the stand.

The 52-year-old grandmother, who is clearly still mourning the loss of 2-year-old Caylee Anthony, struggled to maintain her composure throughout the morning.

Her voice cracking, Cindy testified about the foul smell in Casey's white Pontiac Sunfire. "I said it smelled like something died in the car," she testified, before tearfully recounting how she took Caylee's doll out of the car and wiped it with a Clorox wipe.

"Casey's purse was on the front seat and Caylee's baby doll, her favorite doll was in the car seat like it was sitting where Caylee would have sat," Cindy said, according to ABC news. "Caylee's doll smelled like the car so I took it out ... I sat the doll down and I went and got a Clorox wipe and I wiped the face and hands. The body was soft and so it smelled pretty bad ... I sprayed Febreze all through the car thinking that might help the odor ... I used pretty much a whole can of Febreze."

Cindy also testified that she overheard daughter Casey telling her brother that Caylee had been missing for 31 days. "I lost it," she testified. "I just went into the room and yelled at Casey, 'What do you mean she's been gone? Why didn't you tell us?' "

Courtroom in Tears During 911 Tape

But the drama was just beginning. The prosecution played the infamous 911 tape from July 2008, in which Cindy is heard telling the dispatcher: "There's something wrong. I found my daughter's car today and it smells like there has been a dead body in the damn car."

As she listened to the recording, Cindy began shaking and sobbing, and doubled over. When it was done, she asked the judge for a five-minute break.

The recording also sent shock waves through the hushed courtroom. Several onlookers in the balcony wiped their eyes with tissues. Riveted jurors read the transcript of the call as it played, periodically looking up to watch the distraught grandmother weeping. Several of them looked over at Casey Anthony, who sat emotionless by her attorneys.

Riveted jurors read the transcript of the call as it played, periodically looking up to watch the distraught grandmother weeping. Several of them looked over at Casey Anthony, who sat emotionless by her attorneys.
    What a coldblooded, heartless bitch. I hope this means she's toast with those jurors.

That baby looked soooo much like her grandmother. Sheesh.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Gold Member

She's toast. Whenever they interview jurors they always mention how they like to look at the defendant to see how s/he reacts to emotional testimony. She could have at least faked some tears but I guess that's hard to do when you are a sociopath.

Just skip ahead to the guilty verdict please. Wait, maybe I shouldn't say that - there have always been stupid-ass jurors and backwards-ass jurors, so...

Thread Information