Page 43 of 102 FirstFirst ... 333940414243444546475393 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

Question

I am a little confused with the charges - are Aggravated Manslaughter & First Degree both felonies? Florida is a little different than where I am from...
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Quote Originally Posted by Dean James View Post
    Does it sound like Nancy Grace is always saying Jinkasaurus instead of Jean Casarez to you guys too?

"Jinkasaurus!"
    LOL My hubby hasn't been watching the trial or any of the analysis shows (i.e. Nancy Grace), but last night he was watching with me, and he actually thought that Nancy WAS saying JINKASAURUS. I had to laugh when he made the comment to me. Immediately thought of this post.....

I work in appeals, actually, and keep in mind that no one has a "good chance" on appeal, no matter what trial attorneys try to placate their clients with. I can't remember the exact overall appeal success rate in felony murder cases, but it's something like around 13-15% IIRC. You would scream if you some of the cases with absolutely clear error that get turned down on appeal.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

my gut feeling is that the bitch will get off on everything, and she knows it! god i hate her

I hope the bitch gets some serious time. She needs at least50 years to life in my opinion. But I am scared she might get off and only end up with the time she has already served. And that is just under 3 years.

I think she'll be found guilty. This case reminds me very much of Scott Peterson. There was no real physical evidence in the case, but he was such an unlikeable person, showed no emotion and was the only one with opportunity and motive... and he got the death penalty. I think there's actually more evidence in this case. So, guilty.

Bronze Member

I don't think it can be proved that she killed the child with intent. In my opinion, the child probably died from chloroform poisoning. Casey came up with this whole Zanny Nanny defense that Zanny "kidnapped" Caylee. In my mind, Casey needed to have the whole kidnapping scenario look "real" and we all know how it looks in the movies, the kidnap victim has the mouth taped, etc. That way, she could continue to blame Zanny Nanny for everything, she just had no way to pull it off. Just my opinion.
    According to my day planner, I don't give a f^ck.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Tot View Post
    I think she'll be found guilty. This case reminds me very much of Scott Peterson. There was no real physical evidence in the case, but he was such an unlikeable person, showed no emotion and was the only one with opportunity and motive... and he got the death penalty. I think there's actually more evidence in this case. So, guilty.
    Yes!! That is a REALLY good analysis/comparison. She's like the female Scott Peterson. It is her behavior that is some of the most damning evidence, just like Scott Peterson's.

Quote Originally Posted by Feebes View Post
    I don't think it can be proved that she killed the child with intent. In my opinion, the child probably died from chloroform poisoning. Casey came up with this whole Zanny Nanny defense that Zanny "kidnapped" Caylee. In my mind, Casey needed to have the whole kidnapping scenario look "real" and we all know how it looks in the movies, the kidnap victim has the mouth taped, etc. That way, she could continue to blame Zanny Nanny for everything, she just had no way to pull it off. Just my opinion.
    She'd been using the 'Zanny' story for months before Caylee's death. I'll say again...intent is irrelevant. They did not need to prove that she intended to kill her daughter. She abused her daughter by poisoning her and that resulted in the child's death, that's felony murder which carries 1st degree penalties, including the death penalty.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

she's guilty as sin. what an awful person

Bronze Member

I want her found guilty as well. She's definitely guilty, we all know it. Just saying, based upon what I saw of the trial, intent to kill may be hard to prove.

Jfc.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by Tater Tot View Post
    the media were comparing the Scott Peterson trial to this trial.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Bronze Member

Is that directed at me?

Quote Originally Posted by Feebes View Post
    Is that directed at me?
    uh i quoted you, so yeah
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Thread Information