Page 42 of 102 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

defense closing arguments right now; its truly truly sickening. this is so sick

Bronze Member

Baez blathered on for hours. Total tool. For someone who chastised the Prosecution for attempting to use emotions to influence the jury, he sure did his fair share of it. This whole trial has been a complete clusterf^ck. Now, the apparent "second in command", as it were, is attempting to bore the jury even more. If there's nothing the defense needs to prove as Baez stated, then hey, how about shutting up already! Waiting for the prosecution's rebuttal. Hoping Ashton will provide a concise, blow your doors off type rebuttal.
    According to my day planner, I don't give a f^ck.

I left for about 4 hours (spa day!!!), and they're STILL talking? How in the world can the jury still be interested. Seems to me they would have done themselves a big service by getting up and saying..."there's no direct proof, thank you for your service."
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

A lengthy closing is a big mistake - you want to be quick in, quick out, give an overview that puts all the witness/evidence in context. Giving a mega-long closing argument can easily draw the ire of the jury.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

What is your gut feeling about the outcome? Do you have one?

I keep assuming she'll be convicted but every once in a while I catch this alarming feeling that maybe she won't be.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

My gut feeling is that she'll be convicted, because I think Jose Baez was just that incompetent, but we'll see.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

Hope you're right. Imagine the reaction if she goes free.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

News was saying juror #5 refused to look at the prosecutor. Things that make you go uh-oh.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Dead yet?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

That's the same juror that will not judge anyone? Honestly at this point I think she will be guilty, however I can completely see a mistrial. She wanted to off mommy and daddy also.
    Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won't either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable.

Elite Member

I think she will be convicted of one of the lesser charges. I was watching the news and they said even if convicted, she has a good chance of winning her appeal because of some statements made without her being mirandized and also some prejudicial animation-im not sure exactly of what. by that time she will be in jail for 7-8yrs and be sentenced to time served. also, wtf is the prosecutor making faces for yday? another way for her to win her appeal. but that's what they said-makes sense to me.

My gut feeling is she is guilty, but as far as conviction:

Aggravated child abuse - Guilty, solely based on not reporting the child missing which was proven that Casey not only didnt report, she hid & lied to cover up that Caylee was missing

4 counts of providing false information to law enforcement
    - Guilty. This information was basically the format & blueprint for the state's case.

** The defense gave excuses as to why the above happened, but, IMO, not were really proven on their part as a plausible reason for certain things to have occurred.

I think she MAY be found guilty of Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child & not guilty of First Degree Murder. Prosecution gave me motive & did an excellent job of connecting the dots - but I still had no smoking gun, nor solid evidence as far as the actually cause of death.

The Defense did a HORRIBLE job, IMO. I would have thought a way better defense would have been saying yes, Casey did do those searches & did try to drug her kid to go out & party - but she didn't mean to kill her and she panicked. THAT is logically plausible, it also makes sense as to all her lies...

For what it's worth, I believe that is what REALLY happened.
    Sugar... The real gateway drug

Who the hell agrees to a juror who refuses to judge someone.Isn't that the point of a juror? I'm betting a hung jury now.

Deliberations have officially begun.

Quote Originally Posted by Seapharris7 View Post
    My gut feeling is she is guilty, but as far as conviction:

Aggravated child abuse - Guilty, solely based on not reporting the child missing which was proven that Casey not only didnt report, she hid & lied to cover up that Caylee was missing

4 counts of providing false information to law enforcement
    - Guilty. This information was basically the format & blueprint for the state's case.

** The defense gave excuses as to why the above happened, but, IMO, not were really proven on their part as a plausible reason for certain things to have occurred.

I think she MAY be found guilty of Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child & not guilty of First Degree Murder. Prosecution gave me motive & did an excellent job of connecting the dots - but I still had no smoking gun, nor solid evidence as far as the actually cause of death.

The Defense did a HORRIBLE job, IMO. I would have thought a way better defense would have been saying yes, Casey did do those searches & did try to drug her kid to go out & party - but she didn't mean to kill her and she panicked. THAT is logically plausible, it also makes sense as to all her lies...

For what it's worth, I believe that is what REALLY happened.
    I think you're missing the felony murder charge (which is first degree murder)- her motive is irrelevant. A child dying as a result of aggravated child abuse is felony murder. I agree that she probably didn't intentionally plan for her daughter's death but she took really indefensible and abusive risks that resulted in her daughter's death. Her idea of panic is to make up unbelievable lies to delay taking responsibility for as long as possible until she's backed herself into such a corner that she can only go on the attack by claiming to be a victim. She's beneath contempt.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Thread Information