Page 41 of 102 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

And now they are on an indefinite recess. WTF.

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    They interviewed this woman who was a court appointed bodyguard to Casey Anthony at one time on the Today show this morning:

msnbc.com Video Player

Very interesting observations, IMO...
    I don't think she was court-appointed, she worked for Leonard Padilla, the "bounty hunter" who bailed Casey out of jail.

Leonard, of course, has been a total media whore in this case, but I think it's the first time this woman has spoken out. And it WAS interesting, thanks.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by Trixie View Post
    I don't think she was court-appointed, she worked for Leonard Padilla, the "bounty hunter" who bailed Casey out of jail.

Leonard, of course, has been a total media whore in this case, but I think it's the first time this woman has spoken out. And it WAS interesting, thanks.

Thanks, they just said she lived with the Anthony's when Casey was released with the understanding she would be under observation at all times, so I figured she was hired by law enforcement to watch her.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    And now they are on an indefinite recess. WTF.
    Yeah what does that mean? Does it mean they will pick back up after Baez/Defense gives a few depositions? & that's why he ruled indefinite b/c he didn't put a time constraint on when they had to be done?

I am having a WTF moment. I used to work for the company Cindy Anthony did...I know the Compliance Officer testifying now.

Quote Originally Posted by MsChiff View Post
    Yeah what does that mean? Does it mean they will pick back up after Baez/Defense gives a few depositions? & that's why he ruled indefinite b/c he didn't put a time constraint on when they had to be done?
    I read an article (can't remember where, sorry) that you're exactly right. Because of all the chaos between the State and the Defense, the State now has to go back and try to impeach at least Cindy, if not more. The judge doesn't want to give a timeline on the Defense's ability to depo these new witnesses because that would be unfair to the defendant.

I saw the woman on The Today Show this morning too. She was interesting in stating that she felt Cindy did whatever she needed to keep the peace and that no one seemed to even care about looking for the baby except George.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Moongirl View Post
    They interviewed this woman who was a court appointed bodyguard to Casey Anthony at one time on the Today show this morning:

msnbc.com Video Player

Very interesting observations, IMO...
    Wow, thanks for sharing this.......very interesting indeed. This woman didn't testify at all did she?

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post
    I read an article (can't remember where, sorry) that you're exactly right. Because of all the chaos between the State and the Defense, the State now has to go back and try to impeach at least Cindy, if not more. The judge doesn't want to give a timeline on the Defense's ability to depo these new witnesses because that would be unfair to the defendant.
    Perfect! Thanks!!!

So right now they are doing the State's rebuttal? Did I miss the testimony of Cindy's co-worker or person from her job?

^ Yeah they had two coworkers saying she was logged into her computer during the times the Google searches were conducted. She's not able to log in from any other outside computer, so it was either her or someone stole her User ID and password...

Now they have a colleague of Dr. Garavaglia on the stand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

^^^^^^^^Thank you very much!!!!!

eta: Anyone think Cindy will be charged? I still kind of don't really understand why the Prosecution decided to impeach her (that's what they did right -lol) b/c she was a crucial witness & yesterday I read or heard, don't remember, that if someone is impeached, the jury should disregard the witness's complete testimony. Doesn't the Pros need a lot of her testimony? Thanks again guys.

eta: Omg Baez just mentioned Paris Hilton.. as if her head isn't big enough. God.

edit (last time): they're done. No court tomorrow & then Sunday they get started with closing arguments...I can not wait for those!!
    Last edited by MsChiff; July 1st, 2011 at 04:13 PM.

trial is now over until tomorrow!!
    Izzy

I have to say between Scott Peterson's trial and David Westerfield's trial (I was SO obsessed with that one) and this one .... I wasn't really impressed with the prosecution or defense here (especially the defense ... Baez is an absolute moron). There weren't any, "OMG, I know she did it!" moments here at all ... this could be because of the Sunshine Law in Florida, from which I saw pretty much all this evidence years before the trial. Of course, it was just evidence and not a prosecutor *explaining* the evidence like during a real trial. Still, even just seeing the evidence, it was pretty easy to see where they were going with their case. I am so sure she did this, but no OMG moments and that worries me.

I remember in Westerfield's trial (Danielle Van Dam was the victim), there were so many times that evidence was brought up that made me even more sure he killed Danielle ... like the palm/fingerprint in his otherwise immaculate RV, the dry cleaning of his jacket and RV comforter that still had Danielle's blood on it, and so on. Of course, that case had more actual evidence and Casey's is just purely circumstantial.

Nothing like that is going on here in Casey's trial, so I really hope the jury sees through all the lies.

I have to say that Ashton is presenting a pretty masterful, easy to follow, connecting all the lies and evidence closing argument. Watching Casey as he's giving his closing, it's dawning on her that lies are over. I am wonder why George and Cindy aren't sitting together though.

As someone who hasn't followed the day to day trial, there's a lot of information in the timeline that I never knew.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Gah, I missed it!! Rats...
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Thread Information