Page 38 of 102 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

I have heard that one of the jurors has a planned vacation for around the 7th of July. I think they want to have this all done before then, so the juror doesn't lose out on their plane fares, hotels, fees ect.

I think I would be pretty pissed if I were on trial for my life and felt things were being rushed so a juror could go on vacation.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Hope that juror got traveler's insurance.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNoRehab View Post
    Like I wrote before, my big question as a juror would be "Why the fuck did this woman, if her daughter drowned accidentally, not report it and act like that for a month? And how would the body get in the woods like that if the kid drowned?"
    THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31 days says you're guilty, sugar.

Oh and I believe the alleged mistress said George told her it was an "accident" which makes me think he may have thought Casey fibbed something and said ti was an accident but really it wasn't? In her own mind it wasn accident? But really she killed her? Idk but I think Casey had somethign to do with it and she will never ever tell the truth because she refuses to admit any wrongdoing.

Bitch is crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I just noticed how Casey seems so small when seated next to her lawyers. I think they have her in some tiny lowered chair to make her appear little and maybe childlike.
    It does look like her chair is lower. She certainly acts child-like. When they announced "Exhibit F U..." she gave a smirky little laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has been listening to testimony this morning, but they just took testimony from Crystal "River Cruz" Holloway. And now she is being cross examined.

It looks like she initially provided a sworn statement (around 2/17/2010) to detectives that she did not have a romantic relationship with George Anthony. Then, supposedly, two days later, her sister went to the media and said she did. Then, Holloway sold her story to the Enquirer (for $4,000) which contradicted her own sworn testimony.

I can't tell whether the prosecution is able to, or going to, impeach the test messages that were offered into evidence. I think one of them supposedly said, (from George to Holloway), "I need you in my life right now."

The woman comes across as emotional but insistent.
    Yeah, I've been reading your comments on this case. Love reading everyone's opinions, and was wondering what GR people think of Holloway/Cruz.

The prosecution really got under her skin.....imagine how she would've reacted if they brought up her criminal convitions for fraud or whatever she has on her record.

I dunno what to make of Holloway. I guess it all boils down to what her definition of the word "intimate" means as to whether or not she had an affair with George.

Baez so far has been a let-down compared to his opening statements. The old lady yesterday afternoon just about put me to sleep.......

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I don't know if anyone else has been listening to testimony this morning, but they just took testimony from Crystal "River Cruz" Holloway. And now she is being cross examined.

It looks like she initially provided a sworn statement (around 2/17/2010) to detectives that she did not have a romantic relationship with George Anthony. Then, supposedly, two days later, her sister went to the media and said she did. Then, Holloway sold her story to the Enquirer (for $4,000) which contradicted her own sworn testimony.

I can't tell whether the prosecution is able to, or going to, impeach the test messages that were offered into evidence. I think one of them supposedly said, (from George to Holloway), "I need you in my life right now."

The woman comes across as emotional but insistent.
    So does this woman actually have a brain tumor? Isn't that what George was saying, that he visited her because she had some terrible illness and was dying?

On another note, I'm not sure I'd be flattered by getting a text from a guy that said he needs me in his life "right now."
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

WTF......is Baez trying to compare burying pets to Caylee?

That pet testimony was fucking ridiculous. All it said to me was, this is how Casey learned how to dispose of a body. And what about her borrowing the shovel from the neighbor? Was she initially planning to bury Caylee in the family's backyard pet cemetary?

How does this HELP the defense's case??
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

I have never seen so much tap dancing off of a stage. As to River Cruz? She does not strike me as that reliable and I would ignore her testimony, as a juror.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Overall, I like Belvin Perry as a judge. He isn't playing to the camera like so many other judges that were thrown into the spotlight with high profile cases (Anna-Nicole's and OJ's judges come to mind). Perry seems to stay focused.......and is fair for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I think I would be pretty pissed if I were on trial for my life and felt things were being rushed so a juror could go on vacation.
    And if I had saved up to take my family on vacation and had spent money for the trip that I might have to forfeit because some stupid narcissistic twat killed her daughter because her parents paid more attention to her child than to her and I had to sit day after day listening to the defense question witnesses and offering testimony that have absolutely no bearing on the case all because I'm a responsible citizen and showed up for jury duty when I was called, I'd be pretty pissed.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    And if I had saved up to take my family on vacation and had spent money for the trip that I might have to forfeit because some stupid narcissistic twat killed her daughter because her parents paid more attention to her child than to her and I had to sit day after day listening to the defense question witnesses and offering testimony that have absolutely no bearing on the case all because I'm a responsible citizen and showed up for jury duty when I was called, I'd be pretty pissed.

I agree. This person could have booked this trip over six months ago, not knowing they would get pulled into this damn mess.

Bummer.......Casey isn't going to testify.

We will be lucky if this gets to the jury by next week. They are going to have another day or so with the work record testimony, and the can sniffing arguements.

Cindy and George both are fricking liars, and need to sit their asses in jail for a good long time on perjury charges.

Thread Information