Page 37 of 102 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Casey Anthony's Trial Begins

I don't know, what I'm seeing doesn't look fake to me. He was having a total breakdown on the stand. Come to think of it, I don't recall George getting this emotional during other times in the trial...The judge even asked if he wanted a break to pull himself together and he choked out that he 'needs to get through this (testimony) for himself'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    He was then explaining why they supported Casey for so long and he plainly said, at first he did not believe she was capable of doing something like this to her own daughter...He's getting all choked up and you can tell that it is really hard for him to accept the reality of all this.
    Did he say he believes she may have done it now?

^ The way he worded it certainly implied that, to me anyways...He never said that out right.
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I still don't get the defense's accusation about Kronk. Why, if he wanted the reward, move the body? Why wouldn't he just report at the "first (bogus) site" where they insist he moved it from? It makes no sense to me. Am I missing something?

I haven't read about Lee's last time on the stand ... that one I actually saw. The last question that was asked of him was if he believed Casey's lies ... someone objected ... judge over ruled .... and then Lee got this funny face and said, "Yes and no." And then he was released. Why didn't they delve further into it?? The prosecution could have crossed and asked him what he meant.

I think George is lying about the affair but I don't think he hid Caylee's body or even knew. I think Cindy bold-faced lied about those google searches. It's much clearer now how Casey became the liar that she is.

What do y'all think about the Lee molestation allegations?

Nevan, I don't think you're missing anything re: Kronk, at least that I know of. There are so many unasked/unanswered questions that this trial is not addressing. It makes zero sense for the man to stall in reporting the body and risk somebody else getting the money, or to move it and risk being implicated. I would be livid if I were that man.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I personally don't believe the molestation allegations against Lee or George. Speaking for myself, I really cannot think of a reason someone would make that up unless they were trying to save their own ass. We've seen it plenty of times where criminals use past abuse as an excuse for committing the crime. Now I'm not saying every time it's a lie, but it does make me skeptical when this reasoning is used.

Omg my heart breaks for George. I really hope that one day someone pelts and smears Jose Baez when he's at his lowest point in life. What a mutherfucker.

I'm kinda shocked by the way they have been speeding up the trial (working extra hours & possibly working all day Sunday, as well, if they haven't handed it over yet) to get done before the holiday. I completely understand.. but this is kind of extreme.

On In Session, a few mins ago, they were saying that Judge P. hopes to hand over the case late Saturday or possibly Sunday... that doesn't even begin to give them enough time to reach a verdict by Monday... right?

I think he's rushing because he's being respectful of the jurors who are locked away in a motel without family, internet, TV, etc. Rushing is not going to work very well if he gets stuck with a hung jury.

I read analysis today that George on the stand has backfired on the defense, because it opened the door to discuss the suicide attempt and the prosecution was allowed to enter his suicide note, which talked about how he couldn't handle not knowing what happened to Caylee. The article pointed out that the defense was trying to imply that George tried to kill himself out of guilt, but instead he came across as sympathetic on the stand and now the jury has his suicide note, which doesn't contain any shocking admissions of molestation or him helping hide Caylee's body, just the ramblings of a grief-stricken grandfather who can't deal with not knowing how his granddaughter died.

The defense has said they'll rest their case tomorrow, so I'm guessing they managed to convince Casey not to testify, since they couldn't really think that she would get on and off the stand in one day.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

I can't possibly imagine what Casey could say that would help her in the slightest, she such a liar.
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Casey is the only person who could offer any testimony to support the defense's theory as laid out in their opening. No one else has so far supported the big contentions by the defense. Granted, they don't have to prove their theory, but juries expect the evidence/testimony to support what the defense lays out in its opening statement.

Like I wrote before, my big question as a juror would be "Why the fuck did this woman, if her daughter drowned accidentally, not report it and act like that for a month? And how would the body get in the woods like that if the kid drowned?" Even if one believes that the defense poked holes in the prosecution's forensic evidence, that still leaves the big question of who the hell put the body there. Even though the defense is claiming the meter reader moved it, they're not saying the guy killed Caylee, they're claiming that George put Caylee's body somewhere...but George denied that and was driven to attempt suicide for not knowing Caylee's fate, and the meter reader has absolutely no motive to move the body. And the best the defense has offered re: Casey's behavior is, "She was molested," but both her father and brother denied it on the stand and the defense offered no proof whatsoever, and in fact bolstered the state's case that Casey is a pathological liar who did nothing but lie to her family and friends about everything major or minor in her life, so...If I were a juror, I just imagine being all "WTF?" right now.
    "Don't trust nobody, and 'nobody' meaning Jay Leno in particular." -Chris Rock

fgg

^I imagine being all "guilty, hang the bitch!".
    Posted from my iPhone

^ me too. and i wouldn't give a damn what evidence i was presented with. this woman killed the kid. period, end of story.

i'm not following the case, but i don't need to. guilty, guilty, guilty.
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I just noticed how Casey seems so small when seated next to her lawyers. I think they have her in some tiny lowered chair to make her appear little and maybe childlike.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

I don't know if anyone else has been listening to testimony this morning, but they just took testimony from Crystal "River Cruz" Holloway. And now she is being cross examined.

It looks like she initially provided a sworn statement (around 2/17/2010) to detectives that she did not have a romantic relationship with George Anthony. Then, supposedly, two days later, her sister went to the media and said she did. Then, Holloway sold her story to the Enquirer (for $4,000) which contradicted her own sworn testimony.

I can't tell whether the prosecution is able to, or going to, impeach the test messages that were offered into evidence. I think one of them supposedly said, (from George to Holloway), "I need you in my life right now."

The woman comes across as emotional but insistent.

Thread Information